my thoughts when I see people here talk about 'evolution'

blu

Sep 21, 2009
vv7DH.jpg

I need proof of how life began. Not theories or fairytales but concrete facts and to this day I've seen nothing to convince me of anything yet.

I need proof of how life began. Not theories or fairytales but concrete facts and to this day I've seen nothing to convince me of anything yet.

How life began is just one of the three questions mentioned. It has nothing to do with the two others. Evolution seems to be confirmed by the fossil record and DNA. The Big Bang is a mathematical construction which may be amended, but is unlikely to be disproven. That leaves 'abiogenesis', which you mention, and is in fact the one question that's still up in the air with nothing to be convinced of yet, beyond the fact that the Laws of Chemistry don't forbid it.

A magic man who looked just like us did it. Snapped his fingers and there we were.

And this relates to Politics How?

pushing 'creation science' into public schools

stopping teachers from teaching evolution (which is proven)

stopping from teaching the big bang (which is proven)

do you mean life beginning from nothing or inorganic matter being organic?

OH OK.....

When was Big Bang Proven?

When was Evolution Proven?

Please provide links :eusa_whistle:

And as far as Government, if they teach one Theory they should teach the other Theory

Not that I am saying one is a true theory and one is not, that is for another discussion

So that gives you license to claim that some gaseous vertebrate in the sky created life?

OH OK.....

And as far as Government, if they teach one Theory they should teach the other Theory

Not that I am saying one is a true theory and one is not, that is for another discussion

The theory of Evolution is about as proven as any theory in science. The evidence is so abundant that it simply isn't deniable.

One thing is certain: the biblical explanation simply isn't credible.

So that gives you license to claim that some gaseous vertebrate in the sky created life?

That is IF you accept 'Biblical'...and what is biblical?

Writings of people back in the time that described ALL that they saw in terms THEY understood.

I contend it's deeper than that...there IS an outside influence...and they aren't from around OUR Solar system...:eusa_whistle:

A magic man who looked just like us did it. Snapped his fingers and there we were.
Nope, it was not the snap of a finger.

"the L[SIZE=-1]ORD[/SIZE] God formed man of the dust of the ground" Genesis 2: 7

You should know that. :)

OH OK.....

I assume you are joking on the proven part.

and what is this other "theory" that should be taught? Creationism? Why not teach every major religion's creation story then? Why pick just the christian one?

also, I don't think you know what a scientific theory is based on your post

Evolution DOES exist...as does interference from beings higher than ourselves.

The latter is hard to accept because it would throw religion out on it's ear...and cause mass chaos.

Whoever said GOD came from anywhere NEAR the Earth?

Maybe Someone could list all of the Physical changes in Humankind since fire or the wheel was discovered? In what ways have we evolved since man created the first known alphabet? How are we different physically? Tolerances? Immunity? Genetic Defects? Mutations? Do you consider that part of evolution? We discover new things often enough in Nature, so it is part of the equation, true enough. It more supports intelligent design, than denies it.

OH OK.....

The theory of Evolution is about as proven as any theory in science. The evidence is so abundant that it simply isn't deniable.

One thing is certain: the biblical explanation simply isn't credible.

"The theory of Evolution is about as proven as any theory in science. The evidence is so abundant that it simply isn't deniable."

You'll want to re-think that based on the following...

a. David B. Kitts, evolutionist and paleontologist,: "Despite the bright promise that paleontology provides a means of 'seeing' evolution, it has presented some nasty difficulties for evolutionists the most notorious of which is the presence of 'gaps' in the fossil record. Evolution requires intermediate forms between species and paleontology does not provide them." (“Evolution, 28:467)

b. "We are now about 120 years after Darwin and the knowledge of the fossil record has been greatly expanded. We now have a quarter of a million fossil species but the situation hasn't changed much -- ironically, we have even fewer examples of evolutionary transition than we had in Darwin's time. By this I mean that some of the classic cases of Darwinian change in the fossil record such as the evolution of the horse in North America, have had to be discarded or modified as a result of more detailed information." (Field Museum of Natural History Bulletin, Chicago, 50:22-29)

Forum List

Back