Has politics destroyed family relationships??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Yes !!
My Sister and her entire family from Chicago are woke leftist !

They are good people but I cannot talk to them anymore because they are leftist stooges

How about you ??

Politics in my family is a personal thing we don't bother to get into personal political discussions . I have one ''nutty buddy'' reletive who will bring it up but they just get silence from all of us , we just smile. We took a poll at a large family gathering of both sides of my family back some years and it came real close to the percentage of the national vote in the Perot ,Clinton ,Bush election.

Yes !!

They are good people but I cannot talk to them anymore because they are leftist stooges

How about you ??
Opposing political views (especially political extremist views) have always had a detrimental effect onto families and friendship relations - that's nothing new
So what your point???

That only Woke leftists cause a detrimental effect??? :cuckoo:

Yes !!

How about you ??
I have a couple of family members who are so hard left that I cannot have a reasoned conversation about ANYTHING other than the weather and allergies or some such, let alone any sociopolitical issue. So I don't have a lot of contact with them and, when I do, make sure the conversation stays on very safe subjects.

And that is sad.

Others on the left, both friends and family, I get along with fine. I do avoid politics because it is such a 'trigger for less than tolerant or rational response, but otherwise the relationships are quite normal.

Where the left is deliberately and proactively trying to tear the family apart is to indoctrinate/brainwash the kids into thinking as they want them to think and therefore reject their parents' values and point of view and also to take as much parental authority away from the parents and give it to the government as they dare take. And they are getting bolder in that regard with each passing year.

Politics in my family is a personal thing we don't bother to get into personal political discussions . I have one ''nutty buddy'' reletive who will bring it up but they just get silence from all of us , we just smile. We took a poll at a large family gathering of both sides of my family back some years and it came real close to the percentage of the national vote in the Perot ,Clinton ,Bush election.

I voted for bill Clinton !!!

This year marks the 30th anniversary of my parents' separation. Enough said there.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. As for my old man, may the Lord have in mind a special plan for his kind.

Yes !!

How about you ??
Me, my son & my kid brother are all of the Classical Liberal(Libertarian) ideology. The youngest of my three older sisters is Conservative of ideology as is the second youngest of my older sisters.. My oldest sister is so far into dementia that she does not recognize us anymore. So there is no political animosity between us.

Everyone has their own political opinions, but letting that screw up family is just stupid.

My father and I are just about the same amount of conservative. My wife is even more conservative than I am (by a little). We have some pretty far left-leaning members in the family, but for the most part we just leave politics out of discussions when we know it won't be productive.

Yes !!

How about you ??

Yes !!

How about you ??
yes

I got disinvited from my sisters house forever, she has TDS so bad.

Everyone has their own political opinions, but letting that screw up family is just stupid.

My father and I are just about the same amount of conservative. My wife is even more conservative than I am (by a little). We have some pretty far left-leaning members in the family, but for the most part we just leave politics out of discussions when we know it won't be productive.

Forum List

Back