My thoughts and prayers

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
To the families of those killed today in Texas, and the 5 British soldiers killed yesterday by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Every day I pray for the safety of all soldiers everywhere to make it safe home to their families, and my heart breaks every time I hear of another death.

Wow EZ, what is Boot's duty in Afghanistan? What is his, what would be called an "MOS" here? His job, we'll call it.

He's not infantry, is he?

Amen!

Love, prayers and condolences to the families affected, as well as to all of Ft. Hood and the US military. What a horrendous attack on US soil by someone who was supposed to be one of our own. :(

Thanks EZ...

Its a shame it takes a tragedy like this to make people realize how important our soldiers are

Wow EZ, what is Boot's duty in Afghanistan? What is his, what would be called an "MOS" here? His job, we'll call it.

Bootneck is a Royal Marine, so that means combat on the ground.

Are you sure? Is that just the British?

Because my buddy was a US Marine for 10 years and he spent his entire enlistment in Okinawa shooting the stinger missile, and never saw ground combat at all, even during deployments to theater.

Well, I should say CLOSE combat. His positions were always pretty secure from he said.

All Royal Marines are close combat infantry?

Last edited:

Because my buddy was a US Marine for 10 years and he spent his entire enlistment in Okinawa shooting the stinger missile, and never saw ground combat at all, even during deployments to theater.

Well, I should say CLOSE combat. His positions were always pretty secure from he said.

I believe Boot is based in Plymouth, so I'm guessing he's 42 Commando, a light infantry unit.

OPERATION CORPORATE – THE FALKLANDS WAR

When Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in April 1982 an amphibious task force sailed within a week, carrying the whole of 3 Commando Brigade, plus 2nd and 3rd Battalions of the Parachute Regiment. The CO at this time was Lt Col NF Vaux RM. M Company, with Special Forces backing, first recaptured South Georgia.

After the main landings on 21 May at San Carlos, the Unit was flown forward to Mt Kent from where it patrolled aggressively, gaining intelligence on the enemy defences. On the night of 11/12 June 42 Commando was one of three Brigade Units taking part in a co-ordinated night attack, with their target Mt Harriet.

By moonlight, and in freezing temperatures, the Commando moved undetected through enemy minefields in a 9 km right flanking movement to surprise the enemy in the rear. Following a feint by J Company (composed of men from the former Falklands Detachment), consecutive assaults by K and L Companies up the steep craggy slopes, against initially strong resistance, eventually brought success by dawn, a tribute to careful planning, resolute leadership and determined men.

The Commando took in excess of 300 prisoners, and inflicted a large number of casualties, for the loss of two dead and twenty wounded.

42 Commando - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The UK isn't the USA Paulie.

The Royal Marines is a regiment, its not like here were you have over 200,000 Marines, they have just the 3,000 and they are considered an elite strike force.

When deployed in country they are there to fight not anything else.

Thanks EZ...

Its a shame it takes a tragedy like this to make people realize how important our soldiers are

speak for yourself. most Americans know their freedom depends on our brave military families.

I think of them and pray for them all the time. I cannot imagine the hell they go through, sleeping on the ground in 115 degree heat, sand gnats eating them alive, lousy food, and they don't get much hand to hand combat, they mostly go around praying every day that some coward with his face covered up doesn't plant an ied and blow the entire squad up.. and some of these poor guys in Texas made it home safely from Iraq and Afghanistan only to have one of their own shoot and kill them.

God bless these boys and their families.

The Royal Marines is a regiment, its not like here were you have over 200,000 Marines, they have just the 3,000 and they are considered an elite strike force.

I honestly did not know that. :redface:

To the families of those killed today in Texas, and the 5 British soldiers killed yesterday by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Every day I pray for the safety of all soldiers everywhere to make it safe home to their families, and my heart breaks every time I hear of another death.
I heard something funny this weekend. FUCK anyone on Facebook who goes on and says, "my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of...."

It's more like, "hey everyone, notice me, or don't forget about me, I'm over here, give me more attention, I'm lonely"

It's the absolute least you can do to let us all know that "your prayers and wishes" as if they fucking matter. LOL.

It was a comedian so he said it funny. But in a way, it's so true. LOL.

Forum List

Back