My thank you and my confession

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
I have had this post on my mind for a long time, but I have found that it will take too much to just post, so I'll compose it locally before posting it publicly.

Which I have now done.

I don't know how to start. The confession or the thank you first.

I guess I'll say thank you first for now. I have been a member of tripadvisor.com and have posted and read almost exclusively in the Israel forums. Reading there, I planned my own trip to Israel and that experience showed me that Israel is an awesome place to be able to visit and not at all the 'war zone' that most of the world believes it to be. However, discussing the politics of the area there is a big no-no. So I wanted to find a place that people discussed the politics of the area, and that is how I landed here. I started as pro-Israel, but wanted to truly attempt to open my mind to try to learn the 'other side' of the story. Well, I have. I have learned quite a bit from those who are Pro-Palestine; not only from the information that 'they' have posted, but also the sources and the means in which most of it has been posted. And I must confess, it hasn't done much to change my stance. I will admit there were times, it could have, or maybe should have, but upon further investigation, I must say that most of the information was based upon an emotional response or a twisty turny path through reality. I have learned a lot about the history of the region and a lot about the incidents that occurred in the past and the present that keeps this conflict (unfortunately) alive. I have learned that to be Pro-Palestine is just another way of being anti-Israel.

Suffice it to say: as others have said, it is like trying to figure out which came first. The chicken or the egg. That seems to be at the heart of the conflict currently. However I am still somewhat on the side of the Israelis; as I think that everything was hunkey dorey while the Ottomans and the British encouraged the Jews; no, invited the Jews to come back to Israel and form a homeland for the Jews. But between the Jews and the Arabs; the Mufti of Jerusalem decided to incite the Arabs against the Jews. Hebron 1929. But the hatred of the Jews started well before that. Search out the real truth and you will see it too. Around 150 BCE the King of Syria wanted to outlaw the Sabbath and circumcision. Funny that the City of San Fransisco wanted to outlaw circumcision in the early 21st century as well. Coincidence? Moving forward, the Jews have been persecuted all through the common era all over Europe. But nobody talks about that, especially the 'pro-palestinian' crowd. All through the middle ages, European country after country expelled the Jews, or at the very least wanted to take away their property and turn them into slaves. For what? Even Martin Luther wanted the world to hate the Jews. The Moslems have never been persecuted like that. Ever.

On the other side of my coin, my confession.

Well, as I said, the Ottoman's, the British, and even some of the Arabs decided that after centuries of Jewish persecution that the Jews should be allowed; no, invited to immigrate back to and re-establish their homeland in Israel; well why not? The rest of the world has hated them and persecuted them for hundreds of years. Yes, there were people that would be displaced in the process. I feel sorry for them. However, those 'peoples' were also on one hand invited to stay and become part of the new nation; yet on the other hand encouraged to flee in hopes that (from the neighboring countries) the Jewish state would not last. Or to say bluntly, "The jews will be driven into the sea". But they were not. So, I feel it is all on the Arabs that they 'lost' "Palestine". Deal with it! They could have stayed as many other Arabs did. Just look at Tel Aviv-Yafo. Yes, it is a shame that some Arabs were displaced, or at the very least, felt like they had to leave; or at the very worst some were expelled. In 1948, sure many Arabs/Moslems were expelled from Israel (abt 750,000), but at the same time more like a million Jews were expelled from the neighboring Arab countries. AT THE SAME TIME! In 1948. And I still really have a very hard time with the fact that there were about 750,000 "refugees" from "Palestine" yet now there are more like 6.5 million! Sounds more like a welfare state than anything else.

So to wind down, in 1948, the British decided they were done with trying to mediate the 'civil war' between the Arabs and the Jews and gave it over to the UN. The UN partitioned the area and the Jews said, (paraphrased) "Ok we will take what we have now and declare a democratic country right here with what we have". Over the years as we all know, the Arab countries disagreed, but have lost conflict after conflict; war after war. And many agreements and occords later: So as I have posted before, now that the Palestinians are where they are with the areas that they control, why shouldn't they do the same as the Israelis did in 1948? Declare an independent democratic state right where they are and can? Why not? Sorry 'Bibi'! I see that as the only solution, otherwise, the "Palestinians" are going away. Or as Lope stated, maybe just give up and let Israel declare the whole of the country as Israel and let the 'Palestinians' become Israeli's.

At the end of the day, I am done with the 'Palestinians'. Either form your peaceful state now or forever forget about it.

Then perhaps you didn't learn everything.

To be Pro-Palestine is not just another way of being anti-Israel.

That is a really excellent post, and dead on. But there is problem with that solution. If Israel thought that giving that piece of land away would bring about peace, they would. They are tired of this crap and want left alone. But they are not left alone. The whole world somehow thinks that they should be making Israel's decisions for them. It is no different than Spain calling us and telling us to give Alaska back to Russia, or be punished.
We are about to punish Israel for not giving away their land, TO TERRORISTS. If they do, it will be Iran's land tomorrow. Would you sign up for that? Would you agree to give half of Washington DC to ISIS? Because Syria would like a chunk of Jerusalem, too. Is Syria ISIS yet? I can't keep up, And after all it's not fair to give away Israel to one group of terrorists, and not the other, right?

You're looking at the choosing up of teams for WW3. Iran wants you dead. ISIS wants you dead. Iraq wants you dead. Hamas wants you dead. Taliban wants you dead. Sunni want you dead. Shiite want you dead. And THAT is the team we're on now. We just tried to overthrow the government of the only country there that doesn't want to behead our children.

That is a really excellent post, and dead on. But there is problem with that solution. If Israel thought that giving that piece of land away would bring about peace, they would. They are tired of this crap and want left alone. But they are not left alone. The whole world somehow thinks that they should be making Israel's decisions for them. It is no different than Spain calling us and telling us to give Alaska back to Russia, or be punished.
We are about to punish Israel for not giving away their land, TO TERRORISTS. If they do, it will be Iran's land tomorrow. Would you sign up for that? Would you agree to give half of Washington DC to ISIS? Because Syria would like a chunk of Jerusalem, too. Is Syria ISIS yet? I can't keep up, And after all it's not fair to give away Israel to one group of terrorists, and not the other, right?

You're looking at the choosing up of teams for WW3. Iran wants you dead. ISIS wants you dead. Iraq wants you dead. Hamas wants you dead. Taliban wants you dead. Sunni want you dead. Shiite want you dead. And THAT is the team we're on now. We just tried to overthrow the government of the only country there that doesn't want to behead our children.
At Camp David, Israel was willing to give up most of the country to the Palestinians for peace. Naturally they refused.

I have had this post on my mind for a long time, but I have found that it will take too much to just post, so I'll compose it locally before posting it publicly.

Which I have now done.

I guess I'll say thank you first for now. I have been a member of tripadvisor.com and have posted and read almost exclusively in the Israel forums. Reading there, I planned my own trip to Israel and that experience showed me that Israel is an awesome place to be able to visit and not at all the 'war zone' that most of the world believes it to be. However, discussing the politics of the area there is a big no-no. So I wanted to find a place that people discussed the politics of the area, and that is how I landed here. I started as pro-Israel, but wanted to truly attempt to open my mind to try to learn the 'other side' of the story. Well, I have. I have learned quite a bit from those who are Pro-Palestine; not only from the information that 'they' have posted, but also the sources and the means in which most of it has been posted. And I must confess, it hasn't done much to change my stance. I will admit there were times, it could have, or maybe should have, but upon further investigation, I must say that most of the information was based upon an emotional response or a twisty turny path through reality. I have learned a lot about the history of the region and a lot about the incidents that occurred in the past and the present that keeps this conflict (unfortunately) alive. I have learned that to be Pro-Palestine is just another way of being anti-Israel.

Suffice it to say: as others have said, it is like trying to figure out which came first. The chicken or the egg. That seems to be at the heart of the conflict currently. However I am still somewhat on the side of the Israelis; as I think that everything was hunkey dorey while the Ottomans and the British encouraged the Jews; no, invited the Jews to come back to Israel and form a homeland for the Jews. But between the Jews and the Arabs; the Mufti of Jerusalem decided to incite the Arabs against the Jews. Hebron 1929. But the hatred of the Jews started well before that. Search out the real truth and you will see it too. Around 150 BCE the King of Syria wanted to outlaw the Sabbath and circumcision. Funny that the City of San Fransisco wanted to outlaw circumcision in the early 21st century as well. Coincidence? Moving forward, the Jews have been persecuted all through the common era all over Europe. But nobody talks about that, especially the 'pro-palestinian' crowd. All through the middle ages, European country after country expelled the Jews, or at the very least wanted to take away their property and turn them into slaves. For what? Even Martin Luther wanted the world to hate the Jews. The Moslems have never been persecuted like that. Ever.

Well, as I said, the Ottoman's, the British, and even some of the Arabs decided that after centuries of Jewish persecution that the Jews should be allowed; no, invited to immigrate back to and re-establish their homeland in Israel; well why not? The rest of the world has hated them and persecuted them for hundreds of years. Yes, there were people that would be displaced in the process. I feel sorry for them. However, those 'peoples' were also on one hand invited to stay and become part of the new nation; yet on the other hand encouraged to flee in hopes that (from the neighboring countries) the Jewish state would not last. Or to say bluntly, "The jews will be driven into the sea". But they were not. So, I feel it is all on the Arabs that they 'lost' "Palestine". Deal with it! They could have stayed as many other Arabs did. Just look at Tel Aviv-Yafo. Yes, it is a shame that some Arabs were displaced, or at the very least, felt like they had to leave; or at the very worst some were expelled. In 1948, sure many Arabs/Moslems were expelled from Israel (abt 750,000), but at the same time more like a million Jews were expelled from the neighboring Arab countries. AT THE SAME TIME! In 1948. And I still really have a very hard time with the fact that there were about 750,000 "refugees" from "Palestine" yet now there are more like 6.5 million! Sounds more like a welfare state than anything else.

So to wind down, in 1948, the British decided they were done with trying to mediate the 'civil war' between the Arabs and the Jews and gave it over to the UN. The UN partitioned the area and the Jews said, (paraphrased) "Ok we will take what we have now and declare a democratic country right here with what we have". Over the years as we all know, the Arab countries disagreed, but have lost conflict after conflict; war after war. And many agreements and occords later: So as I have posted before, now that the Palestinians are where they are with the areas that they control, why shouldn't they do the same as the Israelis did in 1948? Declare an independent democratic state right where they are and can? Why not? Sorry 'Bibi'! I see that as the only solution, otherwise, the "Palestinians" are going away. Or as Lope stated, maybe just give up and let Israel declare the whole of the country as Israel and let the 'Palestinians' become Israeli's.

At the end of the day, I am done with the 'Palestinians'. Either form your peaceful state now or forever forget about it.
Pro Palestinian does not mean Anti Israel at all......and am affronted by your suggestion quite honestly.......I have always said a free Palestine and a free Israel....Peace between these Semitic Peoples.

I will not even bother to go into how Israel became a nation and used the UN (an organization Israel have snubbed consistently since 1948) but the UN recommendation was only that...It was Never Ratified by the UN Security Council to be made Law....It never was.

I have lived in Israel and visited on numerous occasions and get on well with the majority of Jewish and Palestinian people.

For your information Jews were expelled from mainly 1948 onwards because of the treatment the meated out to Palestinians........in an effort to get their own homeland.Jews had lived for centuries in Arab lands prior to that with little or no problems.

The Arabs misjudged the Zionists/Jews in my opinion but for you to say all of Palestine should be Israel,and the Palestinians be happy about that,merely shows how out of depth and niave you are Teddy.....It is not what the Palestinians want or should aspire to.

It is clear that throughout your wanderings you did not dialogued in any meaningful way with any Palestinians,otherwise you would not post such errant nonsense at times.

Your summation is clearly Pro Jewish,which I personally have no problem with at all Teddy.........but it is a shame for all of us on here (because your prose is excellent and interesting) that you eliminated the bias you had before leaving for Israel and been more open minded and been more diligent during your foray there.

Well you may be done with the Palestinians Teddy......but I never will be done with either the Jews or Palestinians because I have found the majority of both wonderful people....Palestinians have prior to 1930's never been against Jews..................quite the reverse or Arabs in the main......The real Culprits against Jewish people.....HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CHRISTIANS......It is they that should Carry the Guilt...........

I would like to thank you Teddy for having the courage of your convictions,albeit too slanted against the Palestinians,in my humble opinion, because you did not do due diligence properly whilst you were away.Again Thanks......steve

Last edited:

Which I have now done.

Pro Palestinian does not mean Anti Israel at all......and am affronted by your suggestion quite honestly.......I have always said a free Palestine and a free Israel....Peace between these Semitic Peoples.

I will not even bother to go into how Israel became a nation and used the UN (an organization Israel have snubbed consistently since 1948) but the UN recommendation was only that...It was Never Ratified by the UN Security Council to be made Law....It never was.

I have lived in Israel and visited on numerous occasions and get on well with the majority of Jewish and Palestinian people.

For your information Jews were expelled from mainly 1948 onwards because of the treatment the meated out to Palestinians........in an effort to get their own homeland.Jews had lived for centuries in Arab lands prior to that with little or no problems.

The Arabs misjudged the Zionists/Jews in my opinion but for you to say all of Palestine should be Israel,and the Palestinians be happy about that,merely shows how out of depth and niave you are Teddy.....It is not what the Palestinians want or should aspire to.

It is clear that throughout your wanderings you did not dialogued in any meaningful way with any Palestinians,otherwise you would not post such errant nonsense at times.

Your summation is clearly Pro Jewish,which I personally have no problem with at all Teddy.........but it is a shame for all of us on here (because your prose is excellent and interesting) that you eliminated the bias you had before leaving for Israel and been more open minded and been more diligent during your foray there.

Well you may be done with the Palestinians Teddy......but I never will be done with either the Jews or Palestinians because I have found the majority of both wonderful people....Palestinians have prior to 1930's never been against Jews..................quite the reverse or Arabs in the main......The real Culprits against Jewish people.....HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CHRISTIANS......It is they that should Carry the Guilt...........

I would like to thank you Teddy for having the courage of your convictions,albeit too slanted against the Palestinians,in my humble opinion, because you did not do due diligence properly whilst you were away.Again Thanks......steve

"used the UN"

Where do you come up with this crap ?

"For your information Jews were expelled from mainly 1948 onwards because of the treatment the meated out to Palestinians"

No, they were expelled because they didn't want a Jewish country in the ME.

Then perhaps you didn't learn everything.
To be Pro-Palestine is not just another way of being anti-Israel.

Camel crap. You've been here long enough to know that for many here that is exactly what their "pro-Palestinianism" is all about.

The Palestinians have rejected their own state on 3 occasions...........Under the UN mandate they chose War over Peace........................

Two other solutions have been rejected.............and on both of these deals Israel was ready to give up land and pull people out of their homes to do so.............

The Palestinians rejected both of these.......................

They have no one to blame but themselves.........on another thread I posted this data...........including the UN resolution and the maps from the deals with Israel............

...At the end of the day, I am done with the 'Palestinians'. Either form your peaceful state now or forever forget about it.

Pro Palestinian does not mean Anti Israel at all......and am affronted by your suggestion quite honestly...steve

Yeah, I can see how one such as you would be, NaziBoy, but your indignation is as bogus as your "love" for the peeps of the region. You're a bigoted fraud and everyone here knows it.

Last edited:
...At the end of the day, I am done with the 'Palestinians'. Either form your peaceful state now or forever forget about it.

Pro Palestinian does not mean Anti Israel at all......and am affronted by your suggestion quite honestly...steve

Yeah, I can see how one such as you would be, NaziBoy, but your indignation is as bogus as your "love" for the peeps of the region. You're a bigoted fraud and everyone here knows it.
Well that may be your opinion but not others,I have many pm's even from your side of the wall.....I think Teddy's post was excellent.....but your response as usual is chronic......it is impossible to dialogue with you it really is..steve

If you're both pro-Palestinian and pro-Israel... then you're better off finding a new hobby. Because they both hate you,
Actually Old School they don't at all...........Reading some of the Trolls on here you would think they would but in reality(in the real world) most people are very understanding of each other.......The Trolls on here do not represent Jewish folk in Israel or else where for that matter.

They are though,what I call fringe dwellers.......living in some weird space in their own mind........totally unrelated to the real world........steve,Love Teddy's work today,I thought he was very honest from his passionate point of view.....just a shame he didn't see the whole picture otherwise it would have been quite exceptional.Big Up To Teddy I say.

The Palestinians have rejected their own state on 3 occasions...........Under the UN mandate they chose War over Peace........................

Two other solutions have been rejected.............and on both of these deals Israel was ready to give up land and pull people out of their homes to do so.............

The Palestinians rejected both of these.......................

They have no one to blame but themselves.........on another thread I posted this data...........including the UN resolution and the maps from the deals with Israel............
With Strings attatched......why can't you tell the whole story properly and honestly for a change.....instead of these one liner inaccurate news grabs.steven

Which I have now done.

"used the UN"

Where do you come up with this crap ?

"For your information Jews were expelled from mainly 1948 onwards because of the treatment the meated out to Palestinians"

No, they were expelled because they didn't want a Jewish country in the ME.
Fair comment Toastie as was mine..steve

Really, like a Trojan horse then hey! Read this part again, and then ask why? Also reread the book of Esther and see just how Jews are, although probably just a fable, first a lie, then Esther as a Trojan horse, the her Uncle causing trouble , then an massacre, and then a celebration!

Read below again, and then tell us that its a problem with the Palestinians, they didn't create anti semitsm.

Around 150 BCE the King of Syria wanted to outlaw the Sabbath and circumcision. Funny that the City of San Fransisco wanted to outlaw circumcision in the early 21st century as well. Coincidence? Moving forward, the Jews have been persecuted all through the common era all over Europe. But nobody talks about that, especially the 'pro-palestinian' crowd. All through the middle ages, European country after country expelled the Jews, or at the very least wanted to take away their property and turn them into slaves. For what? Even Martin Luther wanted the world to hate the Jews. The Moslems have never been persecuted like that. Ever.

What does Trip Advisor have to do with this? Did you get a discount for posting pro Israel or something?

Forum List

Back