My tax plan to help the old and the poor...for left wingers out there.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
My general belief is that we should have a flat tax of about 10-15%, that begins after you make 40,001 dollars.....

Then, for those left wingers who bitch about the poor and the old.....here is my plan....

After 35 hours of work, from 36 hours on you pay no federal taxes....this helps the working poor and those who have to work more than one job.

After age 59, you pay no federal or state income tax.....to help those entering their retirement years.

Works for me.....helping the poor and the old and infirm....what's not to love...right?

We'll have to reduce the amount we spend on our military quite a bit to compensate for the loss in government funds.

My general belief is that we should have a flat tax of about 10-15%, that begins after you make 40,001 dollars.....

Then, for those left wingers who bitch about the poor and the old.....here is my plan....

After 35 hours of work, from 36 hours on you pay no federal taxes....this helps the working poor and those who have to work more than one job.

After age 59, you pay no federal or state income tax.....to help those entering their retirement years.

Works for me.....helping the poor and the old and infirm....what's not to love...right?
Nice plan! Have you ran the numbers? How much revenue would it produce? How about for businesses? Same deal? Are expenditures and charity donations etc still deducted?

We'll have to reduce the amount we spend on our military quite a bit to compensate for the loss in government funds.

No....we just cut the waste, greed and corruption.......cutting back on an important part of government function would be silly. And if we just lower taxes all around, we would more than make up the difference in growth.

Nice plan! Have you ran the numbers? How much revenue would it produce? How about for businesses? Same deal? Are expenditures and charity donations etc still deducted?

Not looking at the revenue, but from historical precedent any tax cut creates more tax revenue for the government.

Why are you guys against the poor and the elderly?

Not looking at the revenue, but from historical precedent any tax cut creates more tax revenue for the government.

Why so defensive, I said I liked the plan. You should look at revenue and projections though because we wold likely need to cut spending and it would be good to know how much would need to be cut

Why so defensive, I said I liked the plan. You should look at revenue and projections though because we wold likely need to cut spending and it would be good to know how much would need to be cut

No problem cutting spending.....but if you cut taxes across the board, you increase the amount of taxes going to the federal government.....

No problem cutting spending.....but if you cut taxes across the board, you increase the amount of taxes going to the federal government.....
How much growth and revenue did Trumps latest cut produce? I’d like to analyze some numbers here so we can get an idea of what your plan will produce

How much growth and revenue did Trumps latest cut produce? I’d like to analyze some numbers here so we can get an idea of what your plan will produce

States are bringing in 13% more revenue since the tax cuts....

Trump tax cuts help state revenues rebound

Forty-one states are now bringing in more revenue than their pre-recession highs, according to data from the Pew Charitable Trust’s Fiscal 50 project. All told, the states collectively brought in 13 percent more revenue in the third quarter of 2018 than they did during the pre-recession peak.
-----
Most of the nine states that have yet to rebound are energy-producing states that have seen revenues drop as global commodity prices fall.

The stretch of revenue growth is one of the strongest in recent memory, said Justin Theal, a researcher at the Pew Charitable Trusts who co-authored the report.

The run of positive news began in 2017, when taxpayers raced to get their money to state and federal governments before the tax reform overhaul took effect.

States are bringing in 13% more revenue since the tax cuts....

Trump tax cuts help state revenues rebound

Forty-one states are now bringing in more revenue than their pre-recession highs, according to data from the Pew Charitable Trust’s Fiscal 50 project. All told, the states collectively brought in 13 percent more revenue in the third quarter of 2018 than they did during the pre-recession peak.
-----
Most of the nine states that have yet to rebound are energy-producing states that have seen revenues drop as global commodity prices fall.

The stretch of revenue growth is one of the strongest in recent memory, said Justin Theal, a researcher at the Pew Charitable Trusts who co-authored the report.

The run of positive news began in 2017, when taxpayers raced to get their money to state and federal governments before the tax reform overhaul took effect.
Haha... that’s good. What if you keep reading...

——-
But, Theal added, at least 19 states still fell short of revenue forecasts in the last year, a sign that the good times will not last forever.

“The surge shows signs of fading. Growth over the last 4 quarters has been slowing,” Theal said.

There are other signs that state tax revenue growth is beginning to ebb.

Lucy Dadayan, a senior research associate at the Urban Institute, said in a report last month that sales tax grown has been slower than in previous recoveries. Local property tax growth slumped at the beginning of 2018.

Several states are likely to see their tax revenues dip in the coming months as new tax reforms take effect. About a dozen states passed what are called conformity bills, bringing their state tax codes in line with the new federal reforms. Those laws return some of the unexpected windfalls that states receive to the taxpayer.

Forum List

Back