My strategy for the trade war

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
My covered calls are dropping like a rock but I will wait til Thursday to buy them back and close them. I am going to close my call offers by the close today and buy more shares in the oil fields. What I am uncertain of is how fast the trade war will hit silicon valley and Pacific ports much less how hard but it looks like effectively all economic damage will be on the left coast. What looks wrong with my strategy to you?

My covered calls are dropping like a rock but I will wait til Thursday to buy them back and close them. I am going to close my call offers by the close today and buy more shares in the oil fields. What I am uncertain of is how fast the trade war will hit silicon valley and Pacific ports much less how hard but it looks like effectively all economic damage will be on the left coast. What looks wrong with my strategy to you?
/----/ "My covered calls are dropping like a rock but I will wait til Thursday to buy them back and close them. "
You want your covered calls to drop so you don't get assigned. I think you mean something else.

Tech companies that provide goods will be hurt more than ones that supply primarily services, and not all silicone valley is dependent on foreign input, so there will be winners and losers there.

/----/ "My covered calls are dropping like a rock but I will wait til Thursday to buy them back and close them. "
You want your covered calls to drop so you don't get assigned. I think you mean something else.
l true still with nearly all indexes going down but the Dow is going up Something is wrong with this picture and I do not have a clue as to what it is

Tech companies that provide goods will be hurt more than ones that supply primarily services, and not all silicone valley is dependent on foreign input, so there will be winners and losers there.
But I don't have a clue about how much tax is paid by the ports now v. how much of a hit will result from a trade war. the state's free cash flow is heavily dependent on port fees and transshipment to other forms of transport fees generate a lot of revenues that will have to be made up from somewhere.

Don't look for a lot of logic in his trading claims.

Given that politburo operates to increase their wealth I find the DJIA but not the S&P somewhat suspicious.

l true still with nearly all indexes going down but the Dow is going up Something is wrong with this picture and I do not have a clue as to what it is
/——/ The Dow is only 30 stocks. The S&P is 500. You can’t compare the two.

But I don't have a clue about how much tax is paid by the ports now v. how much of a hit will result from a trade war. the state's free cash flow is heavily dependent on port fees and transshipment to other forms of transport fees generate a lot of revenues that will have to be made up from somewhere.

Many of the west coast port operations are foreign owned so I doubt it will be as large of an impact as you seem to think on the overall economy. Ultimately, however, I am not clear where your concerns are. Wall Street and Main Street will be affected differently by another round of tariffs.

/——/ The Dow is only 30 stocks. The S&P is 500. You can’t compare the two.
I'm simply trying to figure out how much of the trade war is just the politburo cashing in on bear and bull traps.

Forum List

Back