My perfect utopia

Apr 6, 2014
Citadel-Presidium-View_From_Ambasador_Lounge_3.png

-No violence
-No poverty
-Everything looks high tech
-Environmental laws eliminates all pollution
-Every job is high tech

We're never going to get anywhere close to that without cheap energy. I've always thought that we need a national goal, like going to the moon, to develop a working fusion power system. Having that kind of nearly limitless power would raise the living standards of people around the world and greatly reduce war, since contented people usually don't find it necessary or desirable to take up arms.

We're never going to get anywhere close to that without cheap energy. I've always thought that we need a national goal, like going to the moon, to develop a working fusion power system. Having that kind of nearly limitless power would raise the living standards of people around the world and greatly reduce war, since contented people usually don't find it necessary or desirable to take up arms.

ITER - the way to new energy

You want to kill off all vegetation? Child rearing? Janitorial services? Restaurants? Awesome food trucks? Therapists? Symphonies? Dog walkers? Bus drivers, taxi and limo services? Landscapers? Teachers? Politicians? Etc etc etc....

-No violence
-No poverty
-Every job is high tech

'Perfect utopia' is redundant. :)

u·to·pi·a/yo͞oˈtōpēə/
noun

1. an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect. The word was first used in the book Utopia (1516) by Sir Thomas More.

Wrong.

War will ALWAYS be part of the human condition, as long as the people allow a small elite to rule them.

-No violence
-No poverty
-Every job is high tech

Unless we radically design humanity I fear there's always going to be violence in some fashion. We are predatory primates afterall (eyes in front et al.)

Poverty's do'able though I think. Eliminate money and make living on however large a scale a cooperative enterprise instead of capitalist-based.

Even the toilets? :) Actually, come to think of it, Japan's toilets are pretty high-tech, tv's and such. :)

Anywhere there' slife, there'll be some pollution if only methane from..You know. :)

No sustainable society can have every job high-tech. Always gonna need plumbers, carpenters, electricians, and the like.

Wrong.

War will ALWAYS be part of the human condition, as long as the people allow a small elite to rule them.

Show me where I said the would be no war. I stand by "greatly reduced" and the notion that contented people don't usually clamor for war. Appears you're the one looking for a "perfect utopia", if you're worried about the elites. Of course they'll always rule. They have more education and more free time for political activity. If one wants to lessen their influence, the way to go is public financing of elections. Lessening the impact of money would go a long way towards breaking the power of incumbency and allowing new voices to be heard.

-No violence
-No poverty
-Every job is high tech

This is brilliant. If I look very closely at the cloud pattern in the sky, I can see Obama....riding a unicorn ... with rainbows flying out his ears.

Maybe I should have voted for him....

Wrong.

Show me where I said the would be no war. I stand by "greatly reduced" and the notion that contented people don't usually clamor for war. Appears you're the one looking for a "perfect utopia", if you're worried about the elites. Of course they'll always rule. They have more education and more free time for political activity. If one wants to lessen their influence, the way to go is public financing of elections. Lessening the impact of money would go a long way towards breaking the power of incumbency and allowing new voices to be heard.

Your entire premise is wrong.

History tells us the people have no say in war. So how is it that contented people do not go to war?

Were Americans discontented prior to all our wars?

Wrong.

Your entire premise is wrong.

History tells us the people have no say in war. So how is it that contented people do not go to war?

Were Americans discontented prior to all our wars?

You seem to be addicted to absolutes. That's a foolish stance, since it only takes a single example to to prove one wrong. I haven't resorted to absolutes, but have merely expressed the opinion that one of the stressors for war would be greatly reduced.

The left would never support energy production that you talk about...they don't like people and so would oppose more people...which cheap, clean energy would create...

But in truth...I think with energy like that we would have fewer people...since raising children is a pain and people who are really comfortable would find no reason to reproduce...

Poverty's do'able though I think. Eliminate money and make living on however large a scale a cooperative enterprise instead of capitalist-based.

Yeah, that worked for Russia, China, Cambodia...you just have to work out that bug in the system that tends to kill about a hundred million people...

The left would never support energy production that you talk about...they don't like people and so would oppose more people...which cheap, clean energy would create...

But in truth...I think with energy like that we would have fewer people...since raising children is a pain and people who are really comfortable would find no reason to reproduce...

You really have nothing to add to this discussion. You're just using it as a way to bash people you disagree with. Using your logic, for the good of the world, I hope you become very comfortable. :cool-45:

They have more education and more free time for political activity. If one wants to lessen their influence, the way to go is public financing of elections. Lessening the impact of money would go a long way towards breaking the power of incumbency and allowing new voices to be heard.

Actually, the opposite is true...the guy in office would have all the advantages over the guy trying to fight him with limited money...also...why on earth would you want to give your hard earned tax money to help greedy, corrupt people get into political office...make them pay their own way...

If you want to break the power of incumbency...get rid of campaign finance laws...that way a good man, with a sponser who had money could fight against the bad guys who have money and the system behind them...the problem now is that joe the teacher, the plumber, the cop...can't get the money they would need to make a real run at the office...if you had public financing...the guy in office would still have all the advantage...

You really have nothing to add to this discussion. You're just using it as a way to bash people you disagree with. Using your logic, for the good of the world, I hope you become very comfortable. :cool-45:

No, I'm pointing out an observation of leftists and how they view the world...try it sometime...ask your lefty friends about cheap plentiful energy...and see how they react to the idea that more people could live in the world...try it...I dare you...

As to comfort leading to reduced populations...it's not me...it's statistics...look at the social welfare countries...they can't keep their birth rate up to replacement levels...that is why all the European countries are importing immigrants...to do the jobs they don't want to do and to help prop up the welfare state with more people...sadly, those new immigrants are just jumping onto the welfare system and doing the same thing the natives are...

Forum List

Back