My Objection to Religion

Read Bertrand Russell's "Why I am not a Christian". It pretty much puts the arguments and apologia for religion where they belong.

How about reading best seller, Josh McDowell's, "Evidence Demands A Verdict"?; pretty much puts the arguments and apologia for agnosticism, and atheism where they belong.:razz:

When I have made them, I have.

It's called "personal responsibility", a hallmark of the conservative movement. This also explains the "gender gap" between the Damnocrats and the GOP. Also the trend of African Americans to vote Democrat.

Above.

1. Conservative movement is about 'responsibility'.
2. Above statement explains gender gap between Dem/Repub.
3. Black people don't go for the responsibility movement.

Above.

1. Conservative movement is about 'responsibility'.
2. Above statement explains gender gap between Dem/Repub.
3. Black people don't go for the responsibility movement.

You made an incorrect assumption that because blacks get sucked into voting Damnocrat that makes them inferior. However since I grouped women and blacks into Damnocrat voters than that would mean that I also think that women are inferior. Since that is obviously untrue then your assumption about my attitude toward blacks is also untrue.

You made an incorrect assumption that because blacks get sucked into voting Damnocrat that makes them inferior. However since I grouped women and blacks into Damnocrat voters than that would mean that I also think that women are inferior. Since that is obviously untrue then your assumption about my attitude toward blacks is also untrue.

That was a hilarious argument, kudos.

(but it was irresponsible, not inferior you said)

Naturally, no. As a learned behaivior, yes, but it is certaintly not inherent in genetic makeup.

Oaky, but it IS racist to say African Americans as a whole are irresponsible, just as it's sexist to say women are.

WHy not examine policies of each party and look for a connection there? Instead of in the faces of the voters.

Perhaps women prefer less agressive postures, poerhaps blacks enjoy less discrimination, maybe each group contains members who love the Republicans.
Perhaps, maybe, it could be, there is a chance that, possibly it's less cut and dried than the Dems as the party of pigment and vaginas.

Oaky, but it IS racist to say African Americans as a whole are irresponsible, just as it's sexist to say women are.

WHy not examine policies of each party and look for a connection there? Instead of in the faces of the voters.

Perhaps women prefer less agressive postures, poerhaps blacks enjoy less discrimination, maybe each group contains members who love the Republicans.
Perhaps, maybe, it could be, there is a chance that, possibly it's less cut and dried than the Dems as the party of pigment and vaginas.

You've made an assumption that Republicans are discriminatory. We are the party founded on equal rights, remember?

You've made an assumption that Republicans are discriminatory. We are the party founded on equal rights, remember?

Sort of... I made a judgement (a personal one) that Republican policies are less supportive of the minority groups in the US.
I could be way off, I just have that perception from learning about political decisions and programs over time... no links, just my perception...

The crux of this was your statement - and that I think it sounded racist and sexist. You disagreed. I think.

What do you mean then, that the party of responsibility is less atractive to women and black people?

Forum List

Back