My new bike

That's fucking awesome. I'm looking into getting a motorcycle in about 6 months or so. None of the ones I'm looking at look as sweet as that one. Congrats!

I am in the middle of motorcycle land (NH) right now and for the next few days. Nothing comes close to to this bike. I am so totally psyched. Next week the Indian truck comes to the Dealer and brings the bikes from Strugis. I am looking forward to that and getting some first hand discussion about this bike from the manufacturer....:thup::woohoo:

What color did you get. Red?

I originally wanted the old red and cream, very classic. Then they came out with this one, I decided black. The red was too toyish and the blue distracted from the bike itself. Black allows me to add whatever I want to the bike as far as chrome and maybe some other trim it just pops!

I am in the middle of motorcycle land (NH) right now and for the next few days. Nothing comes close to to this bike. I am so totally psyched. Next week the Indian truck comes to the Dealer and brings the bikes from Strugis. I am looking forward to that and getting some first hand discussion about this bike from the manufacturer....:thup::woohoo:

What color did you get. Red?

I originally wanted the old red and cream, very classic. Then they came out with this one, I decided black. The red was too toyish and the blue distracted from the bike itself. Black allows me to add whatever I want to the bike as far as chrome and maybe some other trim it just pops!

My Ultra is all black as well. I wouldn't have it any other way.....
Good choice.

I order a Bluetooth helmet anybody use those? I want to get some new stuff and am ready to accessorize any thoughts?

I order a Bluetooth helmet anybody use those? I want to get some new stuff and am ready to accessorize any thoughts?

Two friends and I have been to Europe three times now. We rent HDs at Guildford HD - just outside of London - spend 10 days on the road. Made it to Ft. William Scotland this past June. We use "Chatterbox" communications. They are fantastic and essential on a long trip.

Just ordered my new 2014 Indian Chieftain

2014-indian-chieftain-9w.jpg

http://www.indian***************/en-us/chieftain-motorcycle/specs

Beautiful! Shows how much I've kept up. Didn't realize they still made Indians.

Two friends and I have been to Europe three times now. We rent HDs at Guildford HD - just outside of London - spend 10 days on the road. Made it to Ft. William Scotland this past June. We use "Chatterbox" communications. They are fantastic and essential on a long trip.

Thanks I will check that out. The Chieftain has bluetooth stero plus my phone and GPS this is one detail I do not want to mess with.

Beautiful! Shows how much I've kept up. Didn't realize they still made Indians.

The Indian brand went from owner to owner and pushed the limit with a $37,000 bike. Now "Polaris' purchase two years ago of the troubled Indian Motorcycle Co. has played a significant role in the growth, said Cory Knudtson, director of motorcycle operations, and Brian Hines, director of plant operations in Spirit Lake and Milford, Iowa.

The company has added about 125 of 300 workers to make Indian's Classic, Vintage and Chieftain motorcycles. Altogether, Polaris employs about 800 workers in Iowa.

The Spirit Lake plant also produces Polaris' Victory motorcycles, Ranger side-by-side utility vehicles, Brutus commercial utility vehicles, and GEM electric utility vehicles."

Classic Indian motorcycles back on road with new model

Connery, did you have a chance to sit on one before you ordered it?

I've seen several comments from people on the internet saying it's a little cramped if you are over 5'10".

Are you going to get an aftermarket exhaust? From what I can tell from Youtube, the engine has a distinctive sound that is at least as pleasing as H-D, but without the staccato.

Forum List

Back