My Lord. Had NPR on and they’re talking about human rights for robots

I've heard smatterings of that. How about car rights? Does your car have a right to premium gas?

Yea ... no one would ever mistreat a robot ...

header_ROXXXY-final-e1473210536725-1038x576.jpg

“If I create a robot, and that robot creates something that could be patented, should I own that patent or should the robot? If I sell the robot, should the intellectual property it has developed go with it? These are not easy questions to answer, and that goes right to the heart of this debate,” Morgan added.

Easy. Without question, the owner retains both the patent and the intellectual property it has developed.

Unless true sentience can be inarguably proven, the robot is no more than a hammer, albeit a complex one.

“If I create a robot, and that robot creates something that could be patented, should I own that patent or should the robot? If I sell the robot, should the intellectual property it has developed go with it? These are not easy questions to answer, and that goes right to the heart of this debate,” Morgan added.

Easy. Without question, the owner retains both the patent and the intellectual property it has developed.

Unless true sentience can be inarguably proven, the robot is no more than a hammer, albeit a complex one.
"Unless true sentience can be inarguably proven"

Oops, now you stepped in it. You see, if you are going to demand this standard, then you must also clearly define it!

So, will you now define for us what would constitute this proof? Be very detailed and specific.

You are going to find that to be harder than you think.

"Unless true sentience can be inarguably proven"

Oops, now you stepped in it. You see, if you are going to demand this standard, then you must also clearly define it!

So, will you now define for us what would constitute this proof? Be very detailed and specific.

You are going to find that to be harder than you think.

You are correct. I meant sapience, not sentience. Time for a drink.

So there will come a moment when a robot, that is being bullied and snickered at when standing in front of closing elevator doors will say defiantly, "I AM AN ANIMAL".

Or maybe they catch it in a net when it's trying to escape and it will yell "TAKE YOUR STINKIN' PAWS OFF OF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!"

>>>>they’re talking about human rights for robots

Does that include Al Gore?

Forum List

Back