My Kitten

Pumpkin Row

Platinum Member
May 26, 2016
So, two days ago, one of my cats had two kittens(That I know of) and was keeping them in a box, on the porch. I went out to check on them every two hours, and seemingly suddenly... one of them had developed some sort of wound near its tail, on its side. It happened in the span of two hours, and I have no idea how it happened... it had already died, so there was nothing I could do. I was afraid it could happen to the other, so I brought it inside and started bottle feeding it. It was fine at 4AM this morning when I fed it last, but had that same wound as the other kitten at 8AM when I checked on it again... the wound is filled with maggots already. I kept it in a closet, in a box, with a blanket and a heat lamp, so nothing could get in to hurt it, and checked on it every two hours(Excluding 4 hours to sleep). The kitten is barely moving, I just fed it again... I don't think there's anything else I can do. Does anyone have any information for this? I'm so confused. I feel like I failed the poor thing...

All I can say is that cats tend to have numerous kittens, and few make it. I've had cats who gave birth to kittens, and one would always look like a miscarriage. The mother cat would eat it.

Sorry that happened to your kittens. Almost sounds like an evisceration, but for both of them to have one? Dunno. It wouldn't have been anything you did, anyway.

Pumpkin Row

That's just fucking psycho. I hope that post is fiction.

Basically you are saying that you just cooked and/or suffocated a kitten. When I first read your post I thought you were Jeffery Dahmer. But then I remembered that he was lynched in prison.

Last edited:
So, two days ago, one of my cats had two kittens(That I know of) and was keeping them in a box, on the porch. I went out to check on them every two hours, and seemingly suddenly... one of them had developed some sort of wound near its tail, on its side. It happened in the span of two hours, and I have no idea how it happened... it had already died, so there was nothing I could do. I was afraid it could happen to the other, so I brought it inside and started bottle feeding it. It was fine at 4AM this morning when I fed it last, but had that same wound as the other kitten at 8AM when I checked on it again... the wound is filled with maggots already. I kept it in a closet, in a box, with a blanket and a heat lamp, so nothing could get in to hurt it, and checked on it every two hours(Excluding 4 hours to sleep). The kitten is barely moving, I just fed it again... I don't think there's anything else I can do. Does anyone have any information for this? I'm so confused. I feel like I failed the poor thing...

Yo, do you have Rats around you outside? If so, they might have bitten them? Sorry for your loss, but don`t blame yourself, it`s nature, in the real world!

"GTP"
Look at the teeth on a Rat:
image005.jpg

Pumpkin Row

That's just fucking psycho. I hope that post is fiction.

Basically you are saying that you just cooked and/or suffocated a kitten. When I first read your post I thought you were Jeffery Dahmer. But then I remembered that he was lynched in prison.

??????????????? She did not say that at all.

The maggots would not have been there so quickly from a fresh wound. More likely released from the inside out.

A rat or momma didnt want kittens.

Wow, so sorry. I feel your pain. I've had a kitten die in my arms, more than once. :smiliehug:

Yanno --- cats usually have litters considerably bigger than two, so as your first sentence indicates, it could be that the two you found were the last two.

Maggots only feed on dead stuff such as dead skin and so on.
They may not have been maggots, I'm not entirely sure, I saw white things moving around in the wound, and thought they were.

Last edited:

She did leave them on the porch, and this isn't the first time. I have a cat from one of her previous litters, last surviving kitten, that I fed and raised myself. She let the rest starve to death, I suspect. Really, neither of my female outside cats have been very good mothers.

She did leave them on the porch, and this isn't the first time. I have a cat from one of her previous litters, last surviving kitten, that I fed and raised myself. She let the rest starve to death, I suspect. Really, neither of my female outside cats have been very good mothers.

Are the cats fed well? If they dont have the proper nutrition to produce milk they will kill the liter.

Wow, so sorry. I feel your pain. I've had a kitten die in my arms, more than once. :smiliehug:

Yanno --- cats usually have litters considerably bigger than two, so as your first sentence indicates, it could be that the two you found were the last two.
There probably were more, I just know that she only brought two onto the porch. This isn't the first instance of the mother not taking care of her kittens. I raised one of the kittens from a previous litter, the rest I suspect had starved to death. The litter before that was entirely dead. It's really depressing that the mother isn't willing to actually raise her kittens...

Forum List

Back