My Dinosaur, wont Die

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I have an H. P. Pavilion that we bought back in 1998 and damned if this dinosaur is still working.

Consider this, it's survived 3 teenagers, myself and my wife and even my 9 year old daughter.

In fact...I'm using this puppy right now and use for the USMB.

Ours is still kickin' too - tho it's on a shelf at the moment. After we switched to a new Dell, wife used it in her second grade classroom the last four years. Decent machine.

It not about dead or alive ,its about speed and power .Im beginning to think about a new build more often.

Here ya go, upgrade equipment. Tweak it with this.

11302_main

i know nothing about computers..it turns on....it goes online...i am happy....

i am sure if there was a social service for computers ..they would remove mine....its full of dust...one side is open...i took it off to clean it and cant figure out how it goes back....the cats jump on the tower and make the fan make noise....we think its a bearing problem....so i have to let a wooden stirrer drag over it..till it stops the noise....the speakers fall off the table...normally one if dangling off the table...the surge protector goes on and off cause the dogs step on it....

its a damn miracle i am here

i know nothing about computers..it turns on....it goes online...i am happy....

i am sure if there was a social service for computers ..they would remove mine....its full of dust...one side is open...i took it off to clean it and cant figure out how it goes back....the cats jump on the tower and make the fan make noise....we think its a bearing problem....so i have to let a wooden stirrer drag over it..till it stops the noise....the speakers fall off the table...normally one if dangling off the table...the surge protector goes on and off cause the dogs step on it....

I'm damn glad you are...:happy-1:

We just bought a new Dell desktop and put the old one in the basement (no internet). The old one - Dell 9 yr old CPU and our original Gateway monitor of 15 years - runs great now that there's no internet and all that goes with it. Used to pull up Word and walk away for 15 minutes while it 'loaded'. :rolleyes: New system is uber fast and the one in the basement allows for games to be played down there.

Forum List

Back