My Concise Take on the State of the Union Speech

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
He said a lot of great things that I agree with. One example was pushing for offshore drilling and nuclear power and another was having an open debate on all issues facing the legislative and executive branches of the government.

Unfortunately for me personally I am having a very hard time believing that he will follow those words with actions. My problem stems from similar promises he made during the campaign (transparancy) that were broken during his first year.

Thats it...thats all I have to say.

Last edited:
He said a lot of things the Republicans should be pleased about.

Same kinda talk got Bush elected a couple of times.

Yea it was kinda of strange for him to admit conservative ideas worked.

Like when he was talking about tax cuts that allow people to keep more of their own money which in turn help the economy:

Now, let me repeat: We cut taxes. We cut taxes for 95 percent of working families. We cut taxes for small businesses. We cut taxes for first-time homebuyers. We cut taxes for parents trying to care for their children. We cut taxes for 8 million Americans paying for college.

I thought I'd get some applause on that one.

As a result, millions of Americans had more to spend on gas and food and other necessities, all of which helped businesses keep more workers. And we haven't raised income taxes by a single dime on a single person. Not a single dime.

Hmmm, isn't that the philosophy that liberals have been bashing for the last century? Your Messiah is admiting that those policies work.

you can always tell when he lies. his lips are moving. I heard Pelsoi was jumping up and down. rah rah rah. did she pee her pants???? got this in an email this morning

Did anyone happen to notice Pelosi during the SOTU? Looks like the docs use cork in facelifts, the way she was bobbing up and down, and looking at Barry as if she would like to..... (I'll spare the crudities)
:razz:

Im a forgiving person but with politicians my patience for saying one thing and doing another is gone. I'm having a hard time giving any of them a second chance.

Lets see if obama acts as he spoke last night....i hope he does as I think a lot of the statements put forth were good ideas. Like I said he stated a lot of great stuff during the campaign that made me have hope about him but he didn't follow through with actions.

OH and this spending freeze thing he announced made me happy....and then I started looking into it and realized he increased defecit spending by more than 25% last year and the "freeze" at the current spending levels is still going to rack up the debt and not save us money.

At first I thought "freeze spending" meant stop spending money but now I see he meant we wont spend more than we are now...im gonna look for or make a thread i got more to say on that.

It was also very tasteless for the Hussein to scold the SCOTUS in that forum. This isn't Chicago, Barry. You can't intimidate a completely separate branch of government!

He said a lot of great things that I agree with. One example was pushing for offshore drilling and nuclear power and another was having an open debate on all issues facing the legislative and executive branches of the government.

Unfortunately for me personally I am having a very hard time believing that he will follow those words with actions. My problem stems from similar promises he made during the campaign (transparancy) that were broken during his first year.

The speech was nothing but the same crap he's been saying all along but this time he put it in a plain brown wrapper rather than a fancy box.

It was a shopping bag of political gestures that offered absolutely nothing that might limit our ballooning debt or revive our staggering economy.

The real message from the speech:

"Oh, yes we can blame others for our failures!"

"Oh, yes we can make promises we will not keep!"

"Oh, no we won't take effective action to control deficits or revive the economy!"

Forum List

Back