*MUSLIMS* riot in *GREECE*

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Muslim migrants riot in Athens | theage.com.au

Dozens of cars have been smashed, 14 people injured and 46 arrested in riots by Muslim migrants over the alleged defacing of a Koran by a policeman.

Police fired tear gas and stun grenades at hundreds of protesters outside Parliament in the city centre.

Police said they would investigate the allegation that an officer tore up an Iraqi migrant's Koran while checking his identity papers in Athens last week. "But this isolated incident cannot justify these acts of violence," said Interior Minister Christos Markoyiannakis.

Waves of illegal immigration in recent years have led to an influx of Muslims, mostly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, living in run-down parts of central Athens. Greek rights activist Thanassis Kourkoulas said the protest showed the migrants "have a voice".

koran_Image2.jpg

The ghetto at the back of Armonia Square Athens is a wild place, walking through it at night I saw criminal acts like drug dealing and prostitution ect going on with impunity.

The only greeks who visit go for the above.

Sunday a real thieves market is set up with stolen goods from all over the world being sold, even aid packages.

I never saw any Greek police.

My dress code when I visited, clic on pic$img002_edited.jpg

I'm assuming you also complained about the Greek riots late last year? Oh, shit, I forgot... only Muslims are deserving of condemnation and ridicule. :thup:

The ghetto at the back of Armonia Square Athens is a wild place, walking through it at night I saw criminal acts like drug dealing and prostitution ect going on with impunity.

Sunday a real thieves market is set up with stolen goods from all over the world being sold, even aid packages.

My dress code when I visited, clic on picView attachment 7410

And to think I spent most of my time at the Acropolos.

Sounds like my kind of place. I could be Alexander the Great there. Remember he was blotto all the time too.

Glad to see you always go properly dressed for the occasion.

The number of riots by Christians over burnings of the New Testament in the past year: 0

The number of riots by Jews over burnings or defacement of the Torah in the past year: 0

The number of riots Muslims have over something even remotely offensive to their religion (cartoons, koran, etc): lost track at 1000

Religion is an integral, crucial part of everyone's lives - but let's face it, there are those who don't respect religion or people of religion, like the cop did. Terrible that he did what he did? Yes. Worthy of a riot where you burn down buildings and destroy cars? No.

Tell me, Kalam. Why is it that Muslims act like this all over the world? They behead people, they riot when there's an offensive cartoon in the newspaper, they riot when the Pope says something they don't like, they riot and kill innocent people when they're not getting 1/10000th of the land they want, i.e. Israel, i.e. Kashmire, i.e. Turkey and the Kurds, i.e. Chechnya... the list goes on and on and on. Name one Muslim country where the non-Muslim country next to it hasn't somehow been infected with this deadly disease of Islamic terrorism. Look at how many conflicts are going on in the world today and what percentage of them somehow involve Muslims. It's fascinating.

Dozens of cars have been smashed, 14 people injured and 46 arrested in riots by Muslim migrants over the alleged defacing of a Koran by a policeman.

Police fired tear gas and stun grenades at hundreds of protesters outside Parliament in the city centre.

Police said they would investigate the allegation that an officer tore up an Iraqi migrant's Koran while checking his identity papers in Athens last week. "But this isolated incident cannot justify these acts of violence," said Interior Minister Christos Markoyiannakis.

Waves of illegal immigration in recent years have led to an influx of Muslims, mostly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, living in run-down parts of central Athens. Greek rights activist Thanassis Kourkoulas said the protest showed the migrants "have a voice".

"alleged" hate think what would happen if it was real and not "alleged" what part of alleged do they not get? or does it matter?

Glad to see you always go properly dressed for the occasion.
My garb when I visit the plaka
$DSCF0414.JPGclic on pic

Last edited:

One should not confuse a protest with a riot.

I wonder why Islam gets so much negative press. It seems like someone is trying to give a certain impression of Islam. Many people protest all over the world. Many people riot all over the world. Many people execute people all over the world. Many people murder. The negative press is part of the reason some of you feel the way you feel about Islam. Why does it seem like Muslims get more exaggerated negative publicity over protesting?

Tell me, Kalam. Why is it that Muslims act like this all over the world? They behead people, they riot when there's an offensive cartoon in the newspaper, they riot when the Pope says something they don't like, they riot and kill innocent people when they're not getting 1/10000th of the land they want, i.e. Israel, i.e. Kashmire, i.e. Turkey and the Kurds, i.e. Chechnya... the list goes on and on and on.
Why does this happen? Because we're a quarter of the world's population. Christians are frequently guilty of all of the above, especially in impoverished regions of the world such as Africa. Apparently, though, unrest involving Muslims is more newsworthy.

Name one Muslim country where the non-Muslim country next to it hasn't somehow been infected with this deadly disease of Islamic terrorism.
Iran and Armenia?

Look at how many conflicts are going on in the world today and what percentage of them somehow involve Muslims. It's fascinating.
What's more fascinating is the susceptibility of you and most others to such propagandistic tripe. Let me know when you compile an index of every conflict currently taking place, and when you calculate the percentage of those conflicts that "somehow involve Muslims." These perceptions are based entirely on the disproportionate amount of media coverage that purportedly Islamic violence receives.

I'm assuming you also complained about the Greek riots late last year? Oh, shit, I forgot... only Muslims are deserving of condemnation and ridicule. :thup:

I do think you need to recognize a difference when an immigrant community riots against its host population as opposed to an indigenous people fighting amongst themselves. In another's country one should be on one's best behavior. I am often sympathetic to Islamic issues, but I don't understand how they can expect foreigners to respect the customs in Islamic countries and yet make all sorts of demands on natives in other countries. This is troubling (not that the guy should be defacing anyone's religious texts).

Last edited:

If Greeks want to riot in Greece, it is their country. Albanians have already ruined Greece, now I hear Muslims are coming in droves too? FUCK!!! Why don't they stay in their muslim countries? We really don't want them.

I'm Greek. I don't know why Greece puts up with it. They aren't like America. They can just round them up and ship them out.

But maybe they are Turkish muslims? Even worse.

Forum List

Back