Muslims Gather at Largest Islamic Convention in North America

In my opinion the best way for Muslims to integrate into American society.

Would be for more Muslims to become policemen and firem. Plus join the various branches of the military.

That is how other groups such as Italians and the Irish melted into the fabric of America.

The Irish took jobs no one else wanted to do, so the employers had to hire them.

Please don't compare the minor descriminations put upon muslims to those that saw this daily;

N. I. N. A. or just nina

As I have stated many times before.

We are American Muslims and concerned with Islam in America.

And have no control over what people do in other countries.

Nor it is your responsibility, don't let people of other religions stand on a moral highground and act like you owe them something based on what people do 10,000 miles away.
Seems like every time I post something about American Muslims are the issues with Muslims in America .

The first thing people say is "well in Saudi Arabia they do this; or in Pakistan they do that".

Again, American Muslims have no control over what people do in other countries.

As I have stated before my heritage is Irish.

Do I have any influence over what the IRA does in Ireland ?

Informing and sharing are different than preaching. Informing is answering questions about your religion to people who have a sincere interest in understanding the religion.

Preaching is shoving your dogma in a disinterested person's face because you don't respect them.

Then practice what you preach

Please show me where I have shoved my religion in your face.

Read the post I responded to. You are 1) Shoving your viewpoint onto others & 2)Being direspectful.

There is no reason people can't reasonable disagree without conscending and being rude about it.

Nor it is your responsibility, don't let people of other religions stand on a moral highground and act like you owe them something based on what people do 10,000 miles away.
Seems like every time I post something about American Muslims are the issues with Muslims in America .

The first thing people say is "well in Saudi Arabia they do this; or in Pakistan they do that".

No, you can only control your own response to what they do. Which is exactly what we are saying might help.

Where can I get an interest free Islamic mortgage?
How does one enforce that?

Mostly works the same in terms of a regular mortgage in terms of you pay the same, they just structure it differently so it doesn't look like interest. Just looks more like they put a higher price on the property.

How does one prove they are a Muslim for the length of the mortgage?

What are those requirements is what I meant.

Then practice what you preach

Read the post I responded to. You are 1) Shoving your viewpoint onto others & 2)Being direspectful.

There is no reason people can't reasonable disagree without conscending and being rude about it.

Let's see if I get this right. It's ok for you to disrespect gay people and non-christians and to try and convert us, but it's disrespectful for me to point out why gay people and non-christians feel disrespected by Christians?

I am not proselytizing my religion. You are.

Last edited:

ok

Lets keep it inside the borders, post 9/11.

The Texas shooting
The Times Square bombing attempt
The underwear bomber
The kidnapping of muslim immagrant kids so they can become another underwear bomber
and of course
Honor killings.

Please explain why I should ignore this and accept muslims w/o any fear for my families safety.

No, you can only control your own response to what they do. Which is exactly what we are saying might help.

And muslims could say christians aren't doing enough to stop the bloodshed our christian bureacrats are ordering in musilm areas. (and we americans don't do enough to stop it, more often than not we cheer it on)

So that's another area we can't play the holier than thou card either.

Mostly works the same in terms of a regular mortgage in terms of you pay the same, they just structure it differently so it doesn't look like interest. Just looks more like they put a higher price on the property.

I think anyone can get one, i don't think it's limited to muslims it's just a mortgage that in their minds follows sharia law.

yep and as i have stated before....i still dont get why anyone would convert to any of the big 3 religions.....seems all of them involve some degree of opposition to the others...

i have no control with what other do in other countries but what about the hell muslims have caused this country......have you forgotten the images of people jumping hand in hand.....muslims dancing in the streets of the us....celebrating ....that was not fiction it was real and happened.....

and what about what is being done in this country by muslims....i am just not all about honor killings....

dude i can see why men would flock to a religion where a woman cant refuse to give you head upon demand.....but what i really dont get are women how convert to this religion.....i always look for more freedom not less

A friend of mine BS's all the time about how he snaps his fingers, points to his groin and dictates (no pun intended) "Betty, take care of it".
Muslims are not the only ones that BS. Not all Muslim women conform in America.

The Imam of a mosque has the authority to write up a certificate that you are a Muslim and declared Islam has your religion.

In fact a convert Muslim with a non-Arabic name must have a certificate In order to go to Saudi Arabia for the pilgrimage.

Let's see if I get this right. It's ok for you to disrespect gay people and non-christians and to try and convert us, but it's disrespectful for me to point out why gay people and non-christians feel disrespected by Christians?

I am not proselytizing my religion. You are.

No. its disrespectful to be condscending about it and hypocritical to do exactly what you accuse others of.

And it's not disrespectful to want you to become the best you can be any more than it's disrespectul to want to be the best we can be.

There are only two sexual prohibitions in Islam.

#1) Anal sex is totally forbidden.

#2) Vaginal intercourse with a woman while she is on her period is forbidden.

Everything else is between you and your spouse.

Forum List

Back