Muslim leading in London's mayoral race

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Did you ever think you'd live to see this ? Today the Mayor of London, tomorrow the Prime Minister.

The late great Britain.

LONDON, April 18 (UPI) -- The city of London could have its first Muslim mayor in three weeks and his election would likely defy rising Islamophobia across Europe.

If the lead Sadiq Khan, 45, currently holds over Zac Goldsmith in the polls, he would actually be the second Muslim elected as mayor of a European city -- Rotterdam in the Netherlands elected the first in 2009 -- but London is a much larger city and the timing of the election is what will likely be the most significant.

Just a month after the Brussels terror attack, five months after the Paris terror attacks and just as much of western Europe continues to struggle with the Syrian refugee crisis, Khan has made it clear electing him would send a message: Londoners value diversity.

"I am a Londoner first and foremost, but it would show the haters in Iraq and the haters in Syria what sort of country we are: a beacon," he said.

Khan grew up one of eight kids in a crowded South London apartment. But he escaped the lower working class neighborhood to study law at the University of North London, and became a human rights lawyer before he was elected to Parliament in 2005 as a member of the Labour Party.

He studied law at the University of North London and later practised as a human rights solicitor before being elected to Parliament in 2005 representing the ward he grew up in on a Labour Party ticket.

Goldsmith doesn't have the popularity of current London Mayor Boris Johnson, so if Khan is able to get out the vote in more liberal inner London, it likely won't matter that Goldsmith is more popular in London's more conservative outer districts.

Khan is dependent on big turnout, but analysis firm London Communications Agency suggested Labor will help him make history.

Muslim leading in London's mayoral race

they dont all smell the same but they all still smell bad. like camel dung or something.

anigif_enhanced-9718-1401224240-12.gif

You seriously dont see a problem with this?

Why would I? You do realize that not all Muslims are the same, right? Besides, he wouldn't be the first Muslim Mayor in the UK.

As long as he's one of those moderate muslims right?

Please don't tell me you're one of those people that believe moderate Muslims do not exist?

Sure they do. Problem is you cant always tell the difference.
As an example..along the Texas border you have small towns that mostly hispanic and the corruption is rampant.
This is just one of them:Hispanic Texas Town May Be America’s Most Corrupt | third world diversity | Limits to Growth
Feel free to do a search on your own for more info.

And the same happens with mexican border patrol agents.
They are constantly being busted for drug and humane smuggling.

They undermine our way of life,simple as that.

Muslims will do the same in the UK only the results will be far more deadly.

Why would I? You do realize that not all Muslims are the same, right? Besides, he wouldn't be the first Muslim Mayor in the UK.

Please don't tell me you're one of those people that believe moderate Muslims do not exist?

As an example..along the Texas border you have small towns that mostly hispanic and the corruption is rampant.
This is just one of them:Hispanic Texas Town May Be America’s Most Corrupt | third world diversity | Limits to Growth

I think you're being a little overly-dramatic concerning this mayoral candidate but whatever. Do you think he is going to get elected and turn all jihadisty?

Some Muslims have undermined the United Kingdom so much that they were made life peers by the Queen. :lol:

I think you're being a little overly-dramatic concerning this mayoral candidate but whatever. Do you think he is going to get elected and turn all jihadisty?

Ya think so?
Incremental steps..and before you know it. You have those small towns that are completely muslim.
Or hispanic as in the case in Texas,were you wouldnt even recognize that you weren't in mexico or Syria whatever the case may be.

So you now have a whole town that is willing and eager to undermine the host country by allowing and taking part in illegal immigrant smuggling.
You make the mistake in thinking they like America or the UK.

Forum List

Back