Muslim Brotherhood to meet Egyptian vice president

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
hummm, he met with these 2 ( I have no idea how large a following these have - Tagammu and Wafd parties),now he'll meet with the MB...

from a political standpoint this is a win for the MB, the MB can say they have met with the Veep or titular head of the gov. and can steal some primacy/legitimacy aside from their numbers, amongst the rest?

If the MB leave the meeting without Mubarak's head, what can we infer from that?:eusa_think:

reading the dispatch below it seems as if a tentative normalcy is creeping in?

Suleiman Set for Talks With Egypt Parties as Protests Linger
February 06, 2011, 2:57 AM EST

Feb. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman will meet with opposition leaders today to discuss possible constitutional changes and avert an escalation of protests demanding an end to President Hosni Mubarak’s 30-year rule.

Suleiman, who met with leaders of the Tagammu and Wafd parties, may name today a committee of 25 people to prepare amendments, said Nabil Zaki, Tagammu party spokesman. The Muslim Brotherhood, the largest opposition faction, will also meet with government officials today.

Egypt’s banks will open today for the first time in more than a week, amid signs that violence is ebbing, after claiming as many as 300 lives, according to the United Nations. Oil prices and Egyptian credit-default swaps fell on Friday on optimism about the talks, a process backed by the White House. Egypt’s courts are also to resume business, Al Arabiya reported, citing the Justice Ministry.

“It’s important to support the transition process announced by the Egyptian government,” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a speech in Munich. The region as a whole “is being battered by a perfect storm of powerful trends” such as a rising population of people under the age of 30 who cannot find work.

more at

Suleiman Set for Talks With Egypt Parties as Protests Linger - Businessweek

Egypt's Brotherhood to hold talks with government - Yahoo! News

Another from another source. This is not good. Obama may get Mubarak out just to see hardline Islamic Fundamentalists take over.

And who actually believes them when they claim they will not order women to cover up and a renouncement of the Israeli Peace Treaty?

It's the Egyptians who will 'get Mubarak out', not Obama.
don't be silly...nothing happens without Obama's say so. :lol:

Egypt's Brotherhood to hold talks with government - Yahoo! News

Another from another source. This is not good. Obama may get Mubarak out just to see hardline Islamic Fundamentalists take over.

And who actually believes them when they claim they will not order women to cover up and a renouncement of the Israeli Peace Treaty?

It's the Egyptians who will 'get Mubarak out', not Obama.
don't be silly...nothing happens without Obama's say so. :lol:

Apparently not. Perhaps we should give the whole world the right to vote for POTUS... since our POTUS seems to decide what happens in what country, who leads each country, etc.

This is laughable. So I'm laughing. :lol::lol:

The Muslim Brotherhood condemned the barbaric and deadly blast which targeted a church in Alexandria, stressing vehemently their deep indignation of this heinous and serious crime. The MB called for the immediate investigation and punishment of all responsible.

In an official statement, the popular group stressed that Islam does not tolerate such barbaric actions, confirming that the attack acts against all that it stands for, highlighting that Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance which preserves the sanctity of human life regardless of religion, creed or colour.
The group emphasizes that such actions target not only Christians but all Egyptians who have co-existed in harmony for years. It slammed such measures by terrorists who threatened the stability of a country which is renowned for its unity.

The MB ended its statements, extending its condolences to the families of all the victims, Muslims and Christians, who were killed and injured in the blasts and expressed its solidarity with the victims.

source

We shouldn't be involved with creating Egypt's new Government. This will prove to be just another Foreign Policy blunder on our part. The U.S. Government is making a huge mistake getting this involved. Their new Government will now be our responsibility. Do American Citizens really want that responsibility? I seriously doubt it. Just another case of our Politicians selling us out. When or if their new Government becomes a disaster,who do you think the Egyptians will blame? I can assure you it wont be themselves. They'll just blame that "Mean Ole America" again. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism is a Lose/Lose for us in the end. Our politicians just can't seem to help themselves though. How sad.

We shouldn't be involved with creating Egypt's new Government. This will prove to be just another Foreign Policy blunder on our part. The U.S. Government is making a huge mistake getting this involved. Their new Government will now be our responsibility. Do American Citizens really want that responsibility? I seriously doubt it. Just another case of our Politicians selling us out. When or if their new Government becomes a disaster,who do you think the Egyptians will blame? I can assure you it wont be themselves. They'll just blame that "Mean Ole America" again. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism is a Lose/Lose for us in the end. Our politicians just can't seem to help themselves though. How sad.

absolutely, we should step back, step out, take our 1.4 billion with us and drink a big glass of stfu. Let the chips fall where they may. I bet Israel could use an extra 1.4 Billion about now.

absolutely, we should step back, step out, take our 1.4 billion with us and drink a big glass of stfu. Let the chips fall where they may. I bet Israel could use an extra 1.4 Billion about now.

Except that, if Egypt goes the same way as Iran (bearing that Iranians wanted democracy, and ended up with a bunch of fucking whackjobs in power), that would be very, very, very bad for everyone.... including Egyptians.

Yea i'm actually kind of shocked our Government is so involved with creating their new Government. That will definitely prove to be a huge blunder at some point down the road. Our Politicians just never learn. When Egypt's new Government becomes a disaster,you can bet Egyptians are going to immediately blame "Evil America." And why not? We just put their new Government in there. No American i know supports our Government being involved this way. I'm very disappointed. We'll pay a price for this meddling. Bet on that.

The Muslim Brotherhood condemned the barbaric and deadly blast which targeted a church in Alexandria, stressing vehemently their deep indignation of this heinous and serious crime. The MB called for the immediate investigation and punishment of all responsible.

In an official statement, the popular group stressed that Islam does not tolerate such barbaric actions, confirming that the attack acts against all that it stands for, highlighting that Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance which preserves the sanctity of human life regardless of religion, creed or colour.
The group emphasizes that such actions target not only Christians but all Egyptians who have co-existed in harmony for years. It slammed such measures by terrorists who threatened the stability of a country which is renowned for its unity.

The MB ended its statements, extending its condolences to the families of all the victims, Muslims and Christians, who were killed and injured in the blasts and expressed its solidarity with the victims.

source

Do you actually buy into their "official statement"??

Except that, if Egypt goes the same way as Iran (bearing that Iranians wanted democracy, and ended up with a bunch of fucking whackjobs in power), that would be very, very, very bad for everyone.... including Egyptians.

Unfortunately we may actually help that happen. We shouldn't be meddling this way. Egypt's new Government will now be our responsibility. I just don't think Americans want that responsibility. When or if things go bad for this new Government,you can bet it's gonna be all Evil America's fault. I'm very disappointed in my Government.

this is true, but there is nothing we can do to stop what is going to happen except to withdraw our money

they will blame us no matter what...

"it is written"....;)

"it is written"....;)

We already have our hand in that pie.

"it is written"....;)

Oh yes,it sure is. Helping to create their new Government only sets us up to be the fall-guy again in the future. When things go to shit in their new Government,you know it's gonna be "Evil America!! Evil America!!" Any why not? We created it right? This was a perfect opportunity for us to change our Foreign Policy but instead we just did the same ole same ole. We'll pay for this meddling at some point. You can bet the farm on that.

Forum List

Back