Muslim advocacy group CAIR to announce class action suit against FBI

Then you better be prepared for some massive tax increases... because we're gonna need to increase the number of Agents by about 5 million. Idiot.

Nah. We just don't let those people who choose to leave the country come back. We don't need them anyway. The only exception would be those US Military members who have had to be sent overseas to explain to foreign governments and NGO's why sticking their nose into America's business is a one way trip to Eternity.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to put you on my 'stupid' list, because that is one of the most ignorant statements I have read on this board. You just have not thought that through at all.

I was gonna suggest you get a passport and undertake some overseas travel... broaden your mind a tad.... then I realized, it's better for us all if people like you remain at home.

There's tourism and there's business, some people even have family that live outside the country.

Keeping surveillance on them all would just be massive waste of resources.

I am a Nationalist and an Isolationist. I see no reason for anyone (other than active-duty military) to leave this country. I do not see any reason for us to allow American companies to do business overseas or for foreign companies to do business here. If we can't make it, we don't need it.

Once you come to the US, your contact with those family members still overseas should END. That's what my family did. Both the part that came in the 1600's and the part that came in 1910. ZERO contact with their family members in Europe.

Yeah who needs businessmen who do sales overseas. There's no way that could ever help us at home.

And all those people who want to see what other countries are like. Clearly they must not like America.

Who needs overseas business' to begin with. I'm an Isolationist and a Nationalist.

One of my hobbies is an enjoyment of Medieval History (none of which happened in this country). I am more than capable of entertaining that interest without ever leaving this country through books, magazines, etc...

Damn, now I'm gonna have to put you on my 'stupid' list, because that is one of the most ignorant statements I have read on this board. You just have not thought that through at all.

I have thought it through very well over a very long period of time, my dear. Again, I'm a Nationalist and an Isolationist. I do not see anything or anyone outside of this country that I need, nor that I feel this country needs.

I was gonna suggest you get a passport and undertake some overseas travel... broaden your mind a tad.... then I realized, it's better for us all if people like you remain at home.

Not a chance in hell. I do not have or need a passport. I have been outside of the US twice in my 36+ years of life. Both times were in my youth, traveling through small parts of Canada. My mind doesn't need to be broadened. It's just fine like it is, and as you said, the rest of you really don't want me out and about further destroying the reputation of American citizens in other countries.

On a similar note.... I have no sympathy for the nearly 200 Americans stuck on that ferry in Libya. If they'd been where they belonged (HERE, AT HOME, IN THE USA) it wouldn't be an issue. They chose poorly and now they're facing the consequences of that poor decision.

If an FBI informant "infiltrated" my church to investigate POSSIBLE priest abuse, they would be given a hero's welcome and a pancake breakfast. In a mosque, they are slapped with a lawsuit. Why?

Last year some ACLU lawyers came to our mosque and held a training seminar.

It was titled, "What to do if the FBI comes to your house."

We were taught:

1) Do Not invite them into your house; step outside to talk.

2) Do Not answer any questions.

3) Ask them for their agents business card.

4) Hand them your lawyers business card; get some cards in advance and keep on hand.

5) Tell them that any further questions should directed to you lawyer.

They said that 9 times out of 10 the agents are just on a fishing expedition.

And will not come back to harass you if you follow these simple steps.

I thought this was really great information that every Patriotic and law abiding American citizen should know about. :cool:

If an FBI informant "infiltrated" my church to investigate POSSIBLE priest abuse, they would be given a hero's welcome and a pancake breakfast. In a mosque, they are slapped with a lawsuit. Why?

Last year some ACLU lawyers came to our mosque and held a training seminar.

It was titled, "What to do if the FBI comes to your house."

We were taught:

1) Do Not invite them into your house; step outside to talk.

2) Do Not answer any questions.

3) Ask them for their agents business card.

4) Hand them your lawyers business card; get some cards in advance and keep on hand.

5) Tell them that any further questions should directed to you lawyer.
They said that 9 times out of 10 the agents are just on a fishing expedition.

And will not come back to harass you if you follow these simple steps.

I thought this was really great information that every Patriotic and law abiding American citizen should know about. :cool:

Shouldn't everyone follow these same steps?

On a similar note.... I have no sympathy for the nearly 200 Americans stuck on that ferry in Libya. If they'd been where they belonged (HERE, AT HOME, IN THE USA) it wouldn't be an issue. They chose poorly and now they're facing the consequences of that poor decision.

I don't get this point, Americans should only work in America? people from other countries like Japan, Italy, Germany etc. have lots of citizens who work abroad in other countries, plus with the job situation the way it is right now in the US, who is to judge these Americans if they chose to look outside the country for work? there is no law that dictates that Americans must work in the US only. The jobs overseas pay way more, and offer more benefits than most jobs stateside, if you were offered a high paying job in Libya or Saudi Arabia you would be on the plane over there quicker than white on rice and you know it.

I don't get this point, Americans should only work in America?

I'm an Isolationinst and a Nationalist. I don't want Americans VISITING other countries, nevermind working there. Heck, I don't want us having contact with other countries.

people from other countries like Japan, Italy, Germany etc. have lots of citizens who work abroad in other countries, plus with the job situation the way it is right now in the US, who is to judge these Americans if they chose to look outside the country for work?

I don't care what the people from other countries do or don't do. That's not my problem, so long as they don't try to come here and work in the USA. I see no legitimate reason for Americans to leave the US (outside of aggressive military operations).

there is no law that dictates that Americans must work in the US only.

Which is part of the problem with our country right now, so far as I am concerned. I believe we need to move towards a Nationalistic and Isolationist policy ASAP.

The jobs overseas pay way more, and offer more benefits than most jobs stateside,.....

That's not my problem. Maybe if people stopped buying so much foreign stuff that wouldn't be as much of an issue.

....if you were offered a high paying job in Libya or Saudi Arabia you would be on the plane over there quicker than white on rice and you know it.

Not a chance on this Earth. I don't see any reason for me to EVER leave the United States. Not for work. Not for pleasure.

There's tourism and there's business, some people even have family that live outside the country.

Keeping surveillance on them all would just be massive waste of resources.

I am a Nationalist and an Isolationist. I see no reason for anyone (other than active-duty military) to leave this country. I do not see any reason for us to allow American companies to do business overseas or for foreign companies to do business here. If we can't make it, we don't need it.

Once you come to the US, your contact with those family members still overseas should END. That's what my family did. Both the part that came in the 1600's and the part that came in 1910. ZERO contact with their family members in Europe.

Yeah who needs businessmen who do sales overseas. There's no way that could ever help us at home.

And all those people who want to see what other countries are like. Clearly they must not like America.

Who needs overseas business' to begin with. I'm an Isolationist and a Nationalist.

One of my hobbies is an enjoyment of Medieval History (none of which happened in this country). I am more than capable of entertaining that interest without ever leaving this country through books, magazines, etc...

I have thought it through very well over a very long period of time, my dear. Again, I'm a Nationalist and an Isolationist. I do not see anything or anyone outside of this country that I need, nor that I feel this country needs.

Not a chance in hell. I do not have or need a passport. I have been outside of the US twice in my 36+ years of life. Both times were in my youth, traveling through small parts of Canada. My mind doesn't need to be broadened. It's just fine like it is, and as you said, the rest of you really don't want me out and about further destroying the reputation of American citizens in other countries.

People in this country have something called freedom. They are not in a prison in this country.

Also, how many people get murdered within the USA?

I'm an Isolationinst and a Nationalist. I don't want Americans VISITING other countries, nevermind working there. Heck, I don't want us having contact with other countries.

Why do you feel this way?

The Soviet Union and Communist China under Mao had the exact same policies in place for about 50 years.

They would not allow their citizens to travel to other countries or associate with foreign nationals.

And we all know how that worked out. :lol: :cuckoo:

The Soviet Union and Communist China under Mao had the exact same policies in place for about 50 years.

They would not allow their citizens to travel to other countries or associate with foreign nationals.

North Korea is the same way, unless your a higher up in the regime, you are not allowed to leave the country.

North Korea is the same way, unless your a higher up in the regime, you are not allowed to leave the country.

Sunni's a Muslim, and he won't go to Islamic countries. :cuckoo: :lol:

Sunni's a Muslim, and he won't go to Islamic countries. :cuckoo: :lol:

I've been to alot of Muslim countries and I don't blame him for not wanting to go.

I hope the FBI counter sues and stick it far up the terrorist supporting CAIR and ACLU''s asses!

Of course CAIR members don't like FBI surveillance. I mean if you were a terrorist seeking to destroy America, would want the FBI snooping around!

(CNN) -- The California chapters of the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the ACLU say they will announce a federal class action lawsuit Wednesday against the FBI for "illegal surveillance of the Muslim community."
The council's San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento offices began documenting FBI surveillance practices last year.
"In recent months, there has been a notable increase in complaints by community members of FBI visits," the offices said in July.
It said that Muslims of varying ethnic and geographic background have reported visits by FBI agents.
"We have seen a special emphasis on individuals who have ties to, or have visited Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen," it said.
The California chapters said it was conducting the project, in conjunction with the ACLU and the Asian Law Caucus, to identify pattens of "overly intrusive conduct."

Muslim advocacy group to announce class action suit against FBI - CNN.com)

People in this country have something called freedom. They are not in a prison in this country.

Too much Freedom so far as I am concerned. I have never comprehended this idea of a Freedom to act in an immoral or improper manner. It makes no sense to me.

You are right that this country is NOT a prison. People should feel free to go right back to wherever they came from if they don't want to live in the type of country that the Founders attempted to create 200+ years ago. A country with morals, values, and ideals as the foundation of both the society and the government.

Also, how many people get murdered within the USA?

NOT ENOUGH so far as I'm concerned.

I believe this country was founded on a bunch of ideals, values, and morals. I believe this country was founded by people who wanted to move AWAY from the way Europe did things. I know that's why the families that I'm descended from came here. The rest of the world does not embrace those values. Heck, most american citizens don't embrace them anymore. The only way to get back to them is going to be by purging and exorcising anyone and anything contrary to those values from this country and ensuring that there is no opportunity for them to get back in.

Forum List

Back