Music I Wrote.

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
I have been a musician since I was 11. I am in my 50's now so do the math. :D I have been messing around writing in a lot of different modes lately. My favorites are Aeolian mode and Lydian mode. The 6th and 4th degree of the scales respectively. I had a lot of music theory in College. Shredding is cool, but writing interesting shit is more cool. :)

I thought I would post this. Comments welcome. If you think it sucks say so, it wont hurt my feelings. If you like cool. I am not trying to impress, just write an interesting little piece of music.

Here is the piece with the chord progression. It doesn't sound hard but it's a bitch to play. Many weird chords. Hope you enjoy.

Night Turns To Day by user183852791 (soundcloud.com)

Angelo tagging you because I know you're a guitar player.

F b11th Am7 #13th Bm Em Am7 G D Dsus4

Cmaj7 Em Am7 Esus4 C/G G D Dsus4

Am7 #13th Em Bm G F C D Dsus4

Bm G F C Bm G Am7 #13th D Dsus4

Cmaj7 Em Cmaj7 Em G Am7 D Dsus4

Am7 #13th Bm Am7 #13th Em Bb C G F C G

Am7 #13th Em Am7 #13th Em F b11th Am7 #13th G

Night Turns To Day
Hmm very impressive and surprisingly original sounding.
You say you wrote it. Who is playing and singing?
Why haven't you posted it on Youtube?

It is original because I wrote it and I am playing it. :D I wrote in a specific mode so it sounds unique. It's not your typical boring bullshit. There's no singing because it's an instrumental. And I don't go on You Tube because I am not an attention whore. I only use Sound Cloud so I can send shit to friends.

If you want singing here's a song. And yeah it's me playing and singing. :thup:

. Holiday Inn by user183852791 (soundcloud.com)

Last edited:
Night Turns To Day

It is original because I wrote it and I am playing it. :D I wrote in a specific mode so it sounds unique. It's not your typical boring bullshit. There's no singing because it's an instrumental. And I don't go on You Tube because I am not an attention whore. I only use Sound Cloud so I can send shit to friends.

Yea sorry I'd just woken up I thought I heard singing in the first part.

Holiday Inn

Yea a really good powerful bluesy vocalist and a good band could probably make a hit of that also.

So your a bloke! Why have you posted that obnoxious fat bird as your avatar? It makes your posts confusing!

Night Turns To Day

Yea sorry I'd just woken up I thought I heard singing in the first part.

Holiday Inn

Yea a really good powerful bluesy vocalist and a good band could probably make a hit of that also.

So your a bloke! Why have you posted that obnoxious fat bird as your avatar? It makes your posts confusing!

I didn't write the song. It's an old Elton John song off Madman Across the Water. And his version kicks ass because he has a great voice. The avatar is a joke. Martin Lawrence in a fat suit.

I have been a musician since I was 11. I am in my 50's now so do the math. :D I have been messing around writing in a lot of different modes lately. My favorites are Aeolian mode and Lydian mode. The 6th and 4th degree of the scales respectively. I had a lot of music theory in College. Shredding is cool, but writing interesting shit is more cool. :)

I thought I would post this. Comments welcome. If you think it sucks say so, it wont hurt my feelings. If you like cool. I am not trying to impress, just write an interesting little piece of music.

Here is the piece with the chord progression. It doesn't sound hard but it's a bitch to play. Many weird chords. Hope you enjoy.

I like what you did, I've been playing along with it on my piano. I'll post what I come up with either tonight or tomorrow. Nice chord progressions they transfer well to piano!

I'll try to improvise something over this and post it later.

Last edited:

I'll try to improvise something over this and post it later.

Please do. Thanks. I would love to hear it.

I like what you did, I've been playing along with it on my piano. I'll post what I come up with either tonight or tomorrow. Nice chord progressions they transfer well to piano!

Wow. Thank you as well. I used flatted 5ths in some of the chords. The weird Am is Am7 with an F# thrown in. The weird F chord is F Maj with a B note at the top. It is not in strict Lydian mode but close. Thank you again.

Last edited:

Not bad man!

You should consider joining Wikiloops.

I have some stuff on there and it is a blast to jam with and share music with musicians all over the world.

Great site. I just checked it out. Some very cool stuff on there. :thup:

The coolest part is that it's all original stuff and that any song, no matter how many times downloaded, remixed and hacked apart can be taken all the way back to the first track and then take off again in any number of other directions.

Last edited:

Well I played some sloppy leads over it but it's stuck on my phone with no way to upload it onto here . I'll try to figure something out tomorrow.

Forum List

Back