Murkowski to run a write-in campaign

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Get ready for the rematch.

Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who lost in a stunning upset to Tea Party-backed Joe Miller in the Republican Senate primary last month, announced her plan Friday to mount a write-in candidacy
for the general election in November.

Her announcement came at a late afternoon rally in Anchorage as supporters surrounded her and chanted: "Run, Lisa, Run!"

Murkowski acknowledged she made mistakes during the primary campaign, but promised she'll be more aggressive this time in running against Miller.

"The gloves are off," she said.

FOXNews.com - Murkowski Mounting Write-in Candidacy for Senate

Ya know, it seems kinda pissy to me to lose a fight fair and square then stomp out of the playground, taking your ball with you, saying you're going to play elsewhere. It seems to be happening a lot.

The far right Small Tent Republicans who want to purge the party of those who aren't True Believers are putting the collective guns to their heads, but FFS, there sure a lot of sore losers.

She doesn't have a very good name for a write-in campaign.

Smith would be better.

Did you know you have given out 420 virtual thanks as a poster at USMB?

I think you should stop now.

Good for her.

Dad was a champion for common sense energy policy and fought to have ANWR developed.

Her father being great makes her great?

I don't see the word "great" in my post.

Anyone who meets qualifications can be a write-in candidate. What's the newsworthyness of this thread anyway?

An incumbent Senator who just lost a primary to a Tea Party candidate is announcing a write-in campaign that noted election experts believe she can win and it isn't newsworthy to you? Why do you come here?

Ya know, it seems kinda pissy to me to lose a fight fair and square then stomp out of the playground, taking your ball with you, saying you're going to play elsewhere. It seems to be happening a lot.

The far right Small Tent Republicans who want to purge the party of those who aren't True Believers are putting the collective guns to their heads, but FFS, there sure a lot of sore losers.

there has to be some resentment on the part of these people given they know they would win a general election handily.

in the case of murkowskii, palin;s endorsment was a personal thing. i'm pretty sure her running is a personal thing as well.

i also think that as the republican party gets rid of its moderates, the moderates are going to find their voice elsewhere.

i'll wager we see more and more of this.

Just proves my point. Career politicians will do and say anything to try and remain in power. Her inability to accept the desires of the public should be a pretty clear indication as to what her motivations for serving in the office is. She should buck up and take her defeat with a little bit of class. Instead, she is acting like an ass.

I think she would do a lot worse in the general. You need to recycle politicians on a regular basis anyway.

Voters in Alaska know getting rid of an incumbent is kind of a bad idea when you don't change the party. I think they factored this in, and decided fresh is better than stale.

I think she would do a lot worse in the general. You need to recycle politicians on a regular basis anyway.

Voters in Alaska know getting rid of an incumbent is kind of a bad idea when you don't change the party. I think they factored this in, and decided fresh is better than stale.

and i think the tea partiers listened to sarah who gave her endorsement out of spite because of her own nasty animosity toward the murkowski family.

if you have a senator who brings five times the money to your state that your state is paying out in federal taxes, you don't change that senator.

it will be hysterical to watch the perplexed looks on the faces of alaskans when that money dries up.

cause you know what... everyone cries about earmarks... and everyone cries about federal spending... unless its being spent on them.

Just proves my point. Career politicians will do and say anything to try and remain in power. Her inability to accept the desires of the public should be a pretty clear indication as to what her motivations for serving in the office is. She should buck up and take her defeat with a little bit of class. Instead, she is acting like an ass.

no one gives up power willingly. and if i were sen. murkowski, i'd probably want to stick it to sarah barracuda's candidate. lots of personal stuff in this race.

Murkowski, spelled just like it sounds. My guess is Alaskans don't appreciate people who fail to understand a no vote.

I'm sure you said the exact same thing regarding Lieberman.

Her father being great makes her great?

I don't see the word "great" in my post.

Anyone who meets qualifications can be a write-in candidate. What's the newsworthyness of this thread anyway?

An incumbent Senator who just lost a primary to a Tea Party candidate is announcing a write-in campaign that noted election experts believe she can win and it isn't newsworthy to you? Why do you come here?

I don't see the word "newsworthy" in my....

.... wait. Nevermind.

Forum List

Back