Murkowski Is not a Republican

DOTR

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
Just for the record Lisa Murkowski is not a Republican Senator. She was appointed after her father died to finish out one term. Alaskans were so outraged the governor of Alaska was stripped of his ability to appoint replacement senators in the future. Her next term was a poor showing so Alaskan Republicans selected Joe Miller to represent them sent Murkowski packing. How dare they? She then ran a write in campaign, with Democrat money, and defeated the Republican candidate.
Fruit of a poisoned tree. And this is the way these vipers operate.

Last edited:
Just for the record Lisa Murkowski is not a Republican Senator. She was appointed after her father died to finish out one term. Alaskans were so outraged the governor of Alaska was stripped of his ability to appoint replacement senators in the future. Her next term was a poor showing so Alaskan Republicans selected Joe Miller to represent them sent Murkowski packing. How dare they? She then ran a write in campaign, with Democrat money, and defeated the Republican candidate.
Wow. I never heard of a Senator winning by write-in before. That is what I call the real will of the people, not a "party." It makes no sense Democrats funded it though, because she definitely has an R after her name.

Wow. I never heard of a Senator winning by write-in before. That is what I call the real will of the people, not a "party." It makes no sense Democrats funded it though, because she definitely has an R after her name.

It makes perfect sense.

Remember the photo last week of Feinstein cornering her in the
hallway? Feinstein was cashing in the chips.

You'd be amazed at what goes on behind the scenes........ Rs supporting Ds and vice versa is anything but uncommon especially at the state level.

You'd be amazed at what goes on behind the scenes........ Rs supporting Ds and vice versa is anything but uncommon especially at the state level.
Well then why can't they keep it up when they get to Congress? A little hard to believe, Ringel, considering their behavior the past decade.

She was NOT funded by the D's.

She actually WON the REAL vote of the people of Alaska.... WOW! With a write in vote, she beat the Democrat running and the Republican running, with her disadvantage of not having her name on the ballot! Incredible!

Murkowski is the Republican Senator, that actually represents "We the People" of Alaska.

Do you think the political party should CONTROL the decisions of your Republican Senators and NOT the people she actually was voted in to represent???

I don't see why you would be upset with that....? I don't see anything at all, wrong with that... WHY DO YOU?

This TRUMP WORLD that you all have embraced is really really really messed up! Sad! :(

She was NOT funded by the D's.

She actually WON the REAL vote of the people of Alaska.... WOW! With a write in vote, she beat the Democrat running and the Republican running, with her disadvantage of not having her name on the ballot! Incredible!

Murkowski is the Republican Senator, that actually represents "We the People" of Alaska.

Do you think the political party should CONTROL the decisions of your Republican Senators and NOT the people she actually was voted in to represent???

I don't see why you would be upset with that....? I don't see anything at all, wrong with that... WHY DO YOU?

This TRUMP WORLD that you all have embraced is really really really messed up! Sad! :(
If one is not lock-step w/their master, you get threads like this.

The OP is a good lap-dog, and by "good" I mean OBEDIENT!

So she split the vote in the general election?

She can put anything she wants behind her name. The Republicans didn’t want her so she tried to put an “L” behind her name. When the libertarians fought back she abandoned the “L”.

In Blow to Murkowski, Alaska Libertarian Nominee Will Stay on Ballot | RealClearPolitics

So she put an “I” for a while. Her allies in the state government posted her name on the ballot (some “write-in” huh”) until a judge ordered it removed.
http://www.adn.com/2010/10/27/1521273/judge-blocks-distribution-of-write.html

Too late. But another judge ordered that any votes for “write-in candidates” that had actually been cast as a ballot were to be sequestered and all “write-ins” counted separately. So the Democrats flooded the state office with 150 write in candidates with different names.
The result was chaos. The Republican Miller won 90,000 votes. 105000 votes were cast for 106 different names. And then a ruling that any spelling counted for Murkowski even if someone wrote in “Republican”.

And once Democrats got her in office she put an “r” behind her name.
Whatever the other laws there is no law against being dishonest.

Well then why can't they keep it up when they get to Congress? A little hard to believe, Ringel, considering their behavior the past decade.
A little more entrenched at that level especially nowadays with both national parties being as polarized as they are. Typically it's used when the sitting politician has "gone rogue" or pissed off the state party leadership and there's no one from the same party to run against him/her. It usually happens with the more moderate politicians, remember not everyone is hard right or hard left.

So she split the vote in the general election?

Yes. She picked up the Democrat vote plus enough Republican votes, if you believe the misspelled ballots, to defeat the Republican candidate.

If there is one party that knows how to rig an election, commit voter fraud, and lose ballot boxes, and miraculously find others, it is The Democrat Party.

They have made a career of rigging the system when they have the power to do so. This is why we need Voter ID to put an end to people like Murkowski.

I am pretty sure Frank Murkowski is still alive.

In 2001 the Senate was divided 50-50. The Democrats outbid the Republicans and Jumpin Jim Jeffords put an I behind his name in exchange for Democrat committee chairs commensurate with his experience as if he had always been a Democrat.

I am pretty sure Frank Murkowski is still alive.

Yes he is still alive I think. He resigned to appoint his daughter to fill his term. I did misspeak.

Stickler for minor details you are. :)

Sorry bout that,

1. She voted democratic heavy on the *ic*, to shoot down the Kavanaugh vote, ha ha,... it didn't work!
  2. She voted her party affiliate, and exposed her ass.
  3. I think the Alaskan people got this!
  4. They should know they got had right about *NOW*!
  5. She is a RINO.
  6. She used the voters of Alaska!
  7. Fraud rings a bell.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Alaska is an interesting place. Alot of sleep deprivation in the summer months. And people can carry 44 magnums for bear protection.

Forum List

Back