Murder by the Police Department?

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Unbelievably disgusting.

Lee County Deputies Tied Suspect to a Chair, Gagged Him, and Pepper-Sprayed Him to Death - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

From Fox 13 in Tampa comes the horrifying story of Nick Christie, a 62-year-old Ohio man who was detained by the Lee County Sheriff's Office for being publicly intoxicated. While Christie's wife asked that he be taken to the hospital, Lee County cops decided instead to strip Christie naked, tie him to a chair, cover his face, and then pepper spray him repeatedly, until he died:

Photo shows pepper-sprayed prisoner
More from FOX...
The District 21 Medical Examiner ruled his death was a homicide because he had been restrained and sprayed with pepper sprayed by law enforcement officers. But to this day, nobody has ever been charged with a crime, and the Lee County State Attorney cleared the sheriff's office of any wrong doing.

Trial starts the middle of next year.

That's works as murder for me......

I also hope she sues the hell out of them

I can't imagine why Sheriff's deputies would take the time to torture a DUI suspect to death with pepper spray but you can bet your ass-ets that some slickster attorney will do whatever it takes to go home with 50% of the federal jury award. Want some perspective on chemical torture? It wasn't pepper spray that the Feds were spraying into a compound of innocent people in Waco Texas. It was CS gas which is outlawed by the Geneva convention and outlawed in the US prison system.

This is a criminal act, these assholes should be suspended immediately and indicted. Sadistic Motherfuckers like that need to be made examples of. Fuck Them.

Sadly, the only people that will be punished in this are the Lee County taxpayers.

Disgusting on so many levels.

This is a criminal act, these assholes should be suspended immediately and indicted. Sadistic Motherfuckers like that need to be made examples of. Fuck Them.

Mostly I'm a law and order pro-police kind of guy but that is dead on.

When police break the law the hammer needs to come down twice as fast and twice as hard. Ditto for the lawmakers.

When police break the law the hammer needs to come down twice as fast and twice as hard. Ditto for the lawmakers.

;) I'm Rule of Law, too. I will say though that some of the most mean and Sadistic People I have ever witnessed have worked behind the scenes in the Prisons. I've known both good and bad. I have always been troubled by that, that and what they get away with.

Absolutely true. There is danger in the power that the police have. They should be held to a higher standard because of it.

i am not a rule of law girl.....

this happens more than people can imagine..granted most people are not killed but many are simply 'fucked with' or tortured when in the hands of law enforcement agents. power freaks go where the power is....simple as that

Would anyone suggest that the man woudn't have had a spit mask on if he hadn't spit at the police?

I doubt it.

So far, we only know one side.

Would anyone suggest that the man woudn't have had a spit mask on if he hadn't spit at the police?

I doubt it.

We know someone in custody died. That is all we need to know in order to make the call that the cops made an epic fail here. They had the control and responsibility and they ended up killing someone. Quite frankly, I don't care about their story. They should be in prison for murder 1.

No trial necessary!

I kinda buy that for gang bangers too. We don't even need to incarcerate them. Shoot on sight, just for having the tats.

I doubt it.

I'd be very interested in hearing the police justify stripping a suspect buck naked, cuffing him to a chair and pepper spraying him until he died.

No trial necessary!

I kinda buy that for gang bangers too. We don't even need to incarcerate them. Shoot on sight, just for having the tats.

Who said no trial?

As always, people taking things on a message board as though you have to wait for the trial to make a call. They still need a trial to determine who is responsible and establish that the cops in question were the cops who's dereliction in duty caused the persons death.

Forum List

Back