MSNBC’s Katy Tur: Am I Out Of Touch For Not Cheering A $1,000 Bonus?

$1000 after taxes = $600 - ONE TIME, and every American didnt get them

businesses and companies (even those offshore) that got the tax cut -100's of MILLION$$$$$ -- every year until they expire in a decade.

dumb shit RW's are still pissing their tax cut britches off.

yeah good for the people that got the spare change corporations found under their couch cushion, go to Mickey D's and live it up.
How terrible for a family of 4 living on $35,000 a year obtain $600!

raise min wage to help them every week and dipshit RW's trip fucking out..

dont feed me your feel guilty horseshit

Somebody making $35k isn't making minimum wage... it comes out to almost $17/hr.

so raise min wage and help those poor people who arent OR stfu about 600 measley bucks

Raising minimum wage puts people out of a job. That is being shown over and over. How about we stop rewarding people for failure. If you want to make more than minimum wage, learn a skill that pays you more. Sitting around swilling beer, whining about your shit job because you were too lazy to get a skill only marks you out as a moron. Morons don't get ahead.

businesses and companies (even those offshore) that got the tax cut -100's of MILLION$$$$$ -- every year until they expire in a decade.

yeah good for the people that got the spare change corporations found under their couch cushion, go to Mickey D's and live it up.

Somebody making $35k isn't making minimum wage... it comes out to almost $17/hr.

so raise min wage and help those poor people who arent OR stfu about 600 measley bucks

Raising minimum wage puts people out of a job. That is being shown over and over. How about we stop rewarding people for failure. If you want to make more than minimum wage, learn a skill that pays you more. Sitting around swilling beer, whining about your shit job because you were too lazy to get a skill only marks you out as a moron. Morons don't get ahead.

Not true.

They'd be saying the same thing if the bonus were $10,000.
Ya think so, huh? then I'd say you know very little about "they".... Or were you just trying out a new comedy act or for a job at FOX news. ;)
Being a left-leaning Independent who voted for Hillary, having been in the media for about 18 years in former life, yeah, I think I know who "they" are.

;)

You're absolutely right, only those that have a job can get a bonus.

maybe some Dreamers or green card aliens worked at a few of those businesses that gave their employees 1000$

still happy?

Even better, now they can afford a ticket to there country of origin.

Ya think so, huh? then I'd say you know very little about "they".... Or were you just trying out a new comedy act or for a job at FOX news. ;)
Being a left-leaning Independent who voted for Hillary, having been in the media for about 18 years in former life, yeah, I think I know who "they" are.

;)

and yet you never tell us who they are.

Not true.

Then back your statement up with these things called facts. You can say "not true" all you want. But the facts seem to be on my side, and not yours...

UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs

The city’s escalating minimum wage has meant a slight increase in pay among workers earning up to $19 per hour, but the hours worked in such jobs have shrunk, a study commissioned by the city found. It estimates there would be 5,000 more such jobs without the Seattle law.

;)

Too much fun not naming names.

You always self-identify for me.

I wonder how many times I have to say that to you before it sticks.

I think a thousand dollar bonus is great, but the corporate tax cut, is permanent and goes on each and every year from here on out with hundreds of millions being pocketed year after year per large corporation....

So, to me....I would have rather seen a $1000 raise over and above whatever raise they may have been given, as the better way to go, for we, the working class....then we actually get to permanently benefit from the corporations permanent tax cut.

Not true.

Then back your statement up with these things called facts. You can say "not true" all you want. But the facts seem to be on my side, and not yours...

The city’s escalating minimum wage has meant a slight increase in pay among workers earning up to $19 per hour, but the hours worked in such jobs have shrunk, a study commissioned by the city found. It estimates there would be 5,000 more such jobs without the Seattle law.

A 5 dollar an hour job does not have the same value as a 15 dollar an hour job.

NO question. Raise the minimum wage at a STATE level though because making a NATIONAL minimum wage DOES not take into consideration the differences of the 50 states.
Why is it fair to make a national minimum wage of $15.00 in Mississippi where the cost of living is considerably lower than in New York?
it makes no sense to think all the 50 states are homogeneous!
Again let the states decide what their state can afford.
New York-Newark-Jersey City Metro Area, New York cost of living is 145.70.
Mississippi cost of living is 84.50.
New York-Newark-Jersey City Metro Area, New York Cost of Living
Does that make sense then making a $15.00 national minimum wage?

;)

Too much fun not naming names.

You always self-identify for me.

I wonder how many times I have to say that to you before it sticks.

Yeah, you're the guy who accused me of being to blame for 2 police officers getting shot in NYC.

NO question. Raise the minimum wage at a STATE level though because making a NATIONAL minimum wage DOES not take into consideration the differences of the 50 states.
Why is it fair to make a national minimum wage of $15.00 in Mississippi where the cost of living is considerably lower than in New York?

So conversely you agree that it would make sense to raise California's minimum wage to 15 an hour.

A $1000 bonus is a one time deal. The budget busting corporate tax cuts are permanent.

So if democrats get back control of the government they can never ever ever raise the corporate tax rate?

Who knew?
Only if the Repubs are put far in to the minority, will the Dems be able to do that...because all the republicans took a PLEDGE never to raise taxes with Grover Norquist...

Not true.

A 5 dollar an hour job does not have the same value as a 15 dollar an hour job.

Wow. No shit. All minimum wage laws do is add to inflation silly boy. Try doing some research and actually look at what has happened as the minimum wage has increased.

So conversely you agree that it would make sense to raise California's minimum wage to 15 an hour.

CA can do any stupid stuff they want to. At 15 bucks an hour unskilled labor gets replaced by robots. That is the reality of your laws. Fewer people working.

A person working a full time job at low wages can most likely get Medicaid, food stamps, housing assistance, energy assistance, school for their children, and maybe a few other things,

all paid for by YOU.

So if you think you're making money keeping wages low, think again.

27858132_10156148787133588_6570136812812778445_n.jpg

Can I say, hypocrite?

Forum List

Back