MSNBC, CNN Ratings Plunge as O'Reilly Reigns

Discussion in 'Media' started by PoliticalChic, Apr 30, 2009.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,785
    Read more at below link.
    Newsmax.com - MSNBC, CNN Ratings Plunge as O'Reilly Reigns

Most people watch things that they agree with. The handwriting is on the wall.

It will be interesting to see how soon Janeane Garofalo will be invited back.

Remember this class act? Calling Teabaggers "Racist Rednecks."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms45EzMR0f8[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    From your Link - The O’Reilly-Olbermann feud has been ongoing for years. O’Reilly denies that there is a feud, and says he won’t even mention Olbermann by name. But Olbermann for his part has made O’Reilly the frequent recipient of his nightly “Worst Person in the World” award.

O'Reilly presents a balanced viewpoint criticizing both ends of the political spectrum, which is a winning format. I've never heard O'Reilly mention Olbermann in any kind of disparaging way, but on the other hand, early on in his show, he was somewhat critical of Rush.

In a recent interview with Broadcasting & Cable magazine, O’Reilly said “The O’Reilly Factor” has fared well since Obama entered the White House because CNN and MSNBC comprise the “Obama cheerleading crew,” and viewers are tuning in to Fox because it is “more skeptical of the president.”

The stuff from Olberman about Obama sounds too much like propoganda and too hateful, especially for "older" ears. Some of the "kids" may go for it, but they're the same audience as go for the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report with Steven Colbert, who are too clever by half. Too clever because they and their audience think they are fooling anyone about the value of their content.

And Newsmax reported earlier that Obama’s win on Election Day “may be a Pyrrhic victory” for Olbermann, who “had positioned himself as the anti-Bush, anti-Republican news source on MSNBC. With Democrats firmly in control of the White House and Congress, it’s questionable that his audience will grow.”

Yeah, and his audience is made up of the same crazies who think they are getting news from Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert, and at the same time think that conservatives are confused about the aim and intent of that so-called 'humor'.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,637
    Have you watched Olberman and Maddow,,?? night after night after night their programs are made up of bitching about republicans, it's boring as hell. go look at media matters, it exists solely to bash republicans, talk radio, and Fox news.. these are pathetic asshole losers..

4. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,637

why not? they put a man in office who sat around for twenty years while his pastor railed racist remarks about rich white people (then moved into a gated community with rich white people :lol:) their party leaders sit in committee and blatantly say jobs and money should not be given to white people. I know where she's coming from.. It's what they believe. You see it on this board every day..

5. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    I beg to differ. I think that a lot of people watch what they disagree with so they can see what the loonies on the other side are plotting.

At least I do.

6. American Horse

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Shhhhh..........! They are, and I for one am glad they're fooling themselves, because they aren't fooling anyone with a lick of sense. Ordinary folks can see through that, but only when they take a look at it. Their audiences go to them for their daily dose of HATE, which is all they really have to offer.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  7. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    :clap2: You took the words right out of my mouth. I watch Michael Savage. He is funny - especially when he does not intend to be.

8. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,637

He has a TV show? Is it on a network?

9. American Horse

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    She (Janeane) and all the rest of those who say that today's "Teabaggers don't understand what the original Boston Tea Party was all about" seem to not understand what the ordinary person who attended the Tea Parties realizes: That outrageous spending leads to outrageous taxes, and if not direct taxation, then indirect taxation and taxation through inflation which is worse on the poor and middle-class than on the wealthy.

Her opinion is "Tell them the truth and they become confused, angry, and highly volatile....." it has to do with the "limbic brain" ....dontcha know.....(says she) it "is much larger in their head-space....it is a neurological problem that we are dealing with.....this is almost pathological...elevated to a philosophy or a lifestyle....this is about racism...they hate that a black guy is in the White House....Fox News likes to foment this...because it's their bread and butter....if you have a cerebral electorate, Fox News goes down the toilet, very very fast....that's why Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch started this venture...to disinform and to coarsen and dumb down a certain segment of the electorate..."

So she's got it all figured out; that the Teabaggers have a physical impairment in their brains; over developed limbic systems....I don't suppose a frontal lobotomy would help with that....anybody?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,785
    You may be right:
    "Nielsen’s analysis found that the cable programs that received the highest overall engagement scores — meaning viewers were most engaged in the shows’ content — also received the most bipartisan support, drawing high engagement scores from viewers of both parties, as well as from viewers who identify as political “Independents.”

Do Dem & GOP Viewers Respond Differently To TV Shows? | Nielsen Wire

More interesting production seems to be the key.

But I do like the idea of you begging.