MSM a traitor by booing the USA trying to balance $375B/yr deficit, while China OWES USA $750B?

And YOU are STILL ignoring the $750 Billon that is owed that in todays dollars would be over a trillion dollars.

No, I'm not ignoring your laughably incorrect calculation.

So ignore the inflation VALUE the bonds are Worth $750 billion!

Let me help you out.

5% interest compounded annually for 105 years.

(1.05^105)=167.8326

167.8326 x 25 million pounds = 4,195,815,771 pounds.

Current exchange rate, 1 pound = $1.313.

4,195,815,771 x 1.313 = $5.509 billion. Not $750 billion.

You're only off by a factor of 136.
You're off by more, considering they didn't default right after they issued, but paid decades of the 5% coupons.

Then you maybe want to tell these people as they seem to know more about it than I do and obviously MORE than you do!

In fact, China's position is in direct violation of the Successor Government Doctrine of International Law.
Under international law as it has been understood for centuries, successor governments, no matter the circumstances of the establishment of a new government, whether by revolution or civil war, must pay the sovereign debt incurred by its predecessor.
But currently, the People's Republic of China owes a debt of over $750 billion to American citizens who are holding these full faith and credit sovereign bonds (many of them denominated in gold) sold to them by the Republic of China.

Worldwide, the debt China owes to all bondholders is estimated to be several trillion dollars.

The debt owed to the American people should be paid.
The U.S. government could dollar for dollar offset bond interest we owe China with interest, principal and penalties China owes us.

That would be $750 billion. Split 10 to 1, the U.S. taxpayer saves $700 billion in debt payments and the bond holders could receive the balance. As part of the deal, each state could receive badly needed investment funds as well.

China Owes US $1 Trillion - Make Them Pay

Then you maybe want to tell these people as they seem to know more about it than I do

That's an awfully low bar.

I'll be glad to tell anyone you like that 25 million pound bonds in 1913 isn't worth $750 billion.

Worldwide, the debt China owes to all bondholders is estimated to be several trillion dollars.

Worldwide laughably bad math is still bad.

That would be $750 billion.

Not even close.

Richard Parker, a frequent contributor to the McClatchey –Tribune group published the first national media revelations of the pre-1949 defaulted Chinese debt of nearly $1 trillion owed to more than 20,000 Americans. Debt, that if resolved, might result in a boon to the US economy and lower our national debt at virtually no cost to American taxpayers. In “China’s Secret? It owes Americans nearly $1 trillion,”
Parker notes in his opening stanza how this boon to the US economy could be implemented with a stroke of President Obama’s pen:
Currently, China owes over $750 billion in indebtedness to American bondholders holding full faith and credit sovereign bonds sold them by the Republic of China (ROC). The PRC refused to honor financial obligations under recognized international and commercial law. Americans holding defaulted full faith and credit obligations of the Chinese Government are therefore dependent upon the Executive branch to negotiate a resolution of claims.

Why Does China Owe Americans $1 Trillion?

Without hard data showing how much debt was issued, in what year, with what coupon, that claim is impossible to confirm or deny.

It's a ridiculous claim.

Not as ridiculous as claiming a single 25 million pound bond issue puts China on the hook for $1.009 TRILLION. That was beyond hilarious!!

It may be noteworthy how the issue is described, "From 1900 to 1940, the Chinese Government issued millions of dollars in sovereign debt, most notably, a large tranche of £25,000,000 "

That leads me to believe that it's one of the largest if not the largest defaulted issue.

Also notice, it said millions of dollars, not billions.
If they had issued $1 billion total, even back in 1913 at 5% and defaulted immediately,
that would still be less than $168 billion.

Please let me know if there is ever any other math I can help you with.

Don't tell me tell these people as they are the ones with the bonds! China Owes US $1 Trillion - Make Them Pay

I'd be happy to tell the idiots that don't own millions in bonds that they aren't worth trillions.

Then you maybe want to tell these people as they seem to know more about it than I do and obviously MORE than you do!

In fact, China's position is in direct violation of the Successor Government Doctrine of International Law.
Under international law as it has been understood for centuries, successor governments, no matter the circumstances of the establishment of a new government, whether by revolution or civil war, must pay the sovereign debt incurred by its predecessor.
But currently, the People's Republic of China owes a debt of over $750 billion to American citizens who are holding these full faith and credit sovereign bonds (many of them denominated in gold) sold to them by the Republic of China.

The U.S. government could dollar for dollar offset bond interest we owe China with interest, principal and penalties China owes us.

That would be $750 billion. Split 10 to 1, the U.S. taxpayer saves $700 billion in debt payments and the bond holders could receive the balance. As part of the deal, each state could receive badly needed investment funds as well.

Then you maybe want to tell these people as they seem to know more about it than I do

I'll be glad to tell anyone you like that 25 million pound bonds in 1913 isn't worth $750 billion.

Not even close.

Richard Parker, a frequent contributor to the McClatchey –Tribune group published the first national media revelations of the pre-1949 defaulted Chinese debt of nearly $1 trillion owed to more than 20,000 Americans. Debt, that if resolved, might result in a boon to the US economy and lower our national debt at virtually no cost to American taxpayers. In “China’s Secret? It owes Americans nearly $1 trillion,”
Parker notes in his opening stanza how this boon to the US economy could be implemented with a stroke of President Obama’s pen:
Currently, China owes over $750 billion in indebtedness to American bondholders holding full faith and credit sovereign bonds sold them by the Republic of China (ROC). The PRC refused to honor financial obligations under recognized international and commercial law. Americans holding defaulted full faith and credit obligations of the Chinese Government are therefore dependent upon the Executive branch to negotiate a resolution of claims.

Without hard data showing how much debt was issued, in what year, with what coupon, that claim is impossible to confirm or deny.

It's a ridiculous claim.

Not as ridiculous as claiming a single 25 million pound bond issue puts China on the hook for $1.009 TRILLION. That was beyond hilarious!!

It may be noteworthy how the issue is described, "From 1900 to 1940, the Chinese Government issued millions of dollars in sovereign debt, most notably, a large tranche of £25,000,000 "

That leads me to believe that it's one of the largest if not the largest defaulted issue.

If they had issued $1 billion total, even back in 1913 at 5% and defaulted immediately,

Don't tell me tell these people as they are the ones with the bonds! China Owes US $1 Trillion - Make Them Pay

I'd be happy to tell the idiots that don't own millions in bonds that they aren't worth trillions.

So now you are a BOND expert?

Here is their web site.
Put your measly 2¢ where your mouth obviously has gone!

Jonna Bianco, President
American Bondholders Foundation, LLC
2840 Glasscock Road
Lewisburg, TN 37091
(931)359-8781
(931)359-9689 fax
www.americanbondholdersfoundation.com

Or you could validate with this web site: China owes America billions

But as you are wont to do, since your words are worth nothing, you won't be doing anything!

Not even close.

It's a ridiculous claim.

Here is their web site.
Put your measly 2¢ where your mouth obviously has gone!

Jonna Bianco, President
American Bondholders Foundation, LLC
2840 Glasscock Road
Lewisburg, TN 37091
(931)359-8781
(931)359-9689 fax
www.americanbondholdersfoundation.com

Or you could validate with this web site: China owes America billions

But as you are wont to do, since your words are worth nothing, you won't be doing anything!

More of a "I can detect BS math" expert.

Tell me more about your claim that inflation makes bonds worth more.

I'm always willing to learn something new.

Not even close.

It's a ridiculous claim.

Then do so! It should make you very happy to to the 20,000 Chinese bond investors in the USA that the money they and their relatives invested in China is worth nothing
because communist lovers like you renege on what they agreed to when they borrowed billions from Americans.
Please put your money and energy in telling them those bonds are worthless and violation of International law.

Not even close.

It's a ridiculous claim.

Then do so! It should make you very happy to to the 20,000 Chinese bond investors in the USA that the money they and their relatives invested in China is worth nothing
because communist lovers like you renege on what they agreed to when they borrowed billions from Americans.
Please put your money and energy in telling them those bonds are worthless and violation of International law.

It should make you very happy to to the 20,000 Chinese bond investors in the USA that the money they and their relatives invested in China is worth nothing

Why would that make me happy?

because communist lovers like you

Fuck off you math challenged twat.

Please put your money and energy in telling them those bonds are worthless

Bonds have been defaulted on in the past, bonds will be defaulted upon in the future.

Yup. And? Did any Confederate bonds get paid off by the US government after the Civil War?

But currently, the People's Republic of China owes a debt of over $750 billion to American citizens

Prove it.

It's a ridiculous claim.

It should make you very happy to to the 20,000 Chinese bond investors in the USA that the money they and their relatives invested in China is worth nothing

Bonds have been defaulted on in the past, bonds will be defaulted upon in the future.

Yup. And? Did any Confederate bonds get paid off by the US government after the Civil War?

But currently, the People's Republic of China owes a debt of over $750 billion to American citizens

Prove it.

I don't have to prove something that the above link states...NOT ME.

YOU on the other hand have to prove it because you show NOTHING to verify your wild ass comments.
I provided links.... you zero! Who's credibility is at question? YOU make a statement with nothing to back it up!
I provided a link. YOU ZERO! I repeat that because you don't seem to comprehend how scholars use substantiation to back up their statements.
WHERE IS YOURS?

It's a ridiculous claim.

Prove it.

YOU on the other hand have to prove it because you show NOTHING to verify your wild ass comments.
I provided links.... you zero! Who's credibility is at question? YOU make a statement with nothing to back it up!
I provided a link. YOU ZERO! I repeat that because you don't seem to comprehend how scholars use substantiation to back up their statements.
WHERE IS YOURS?

Your claim that a £25,000,000 bond issue is worth £2,801,713,928, because of inflation and is now worth $1,009,834,339,615 with interest has got to be the dumbest claim I have ever seen.

Tell me again how inflation makes a bond worth more. Idiot.

Prove it.

WHERE IS YOURS?

Your claim that a £25,000,000 bond issue is worth £2,801,713,928, because of inflation and is now worth $1,009,834,339,615 with interest has got to be the dumbest claim I have ever seen.

Simple! There were probably because these were high risk bonds inflationary conditions established in the bond agreements.

Inflation‑Linked Bonds (ILBs)

Inflation-linked bonds, or ILBs, are securities designed to help protect investors from inflation. Primarily issued by sovereign governments, such as the U.S. and the UK, ILBs are indexed to inflation so that the principal and interest payments rise and fall with the rate of inflation. Inflation can significantly erode investors’ purchasing power, and ILBs can potentially provide protection from inflation’s effects. ILBs may also offer additional benefits in a broader portfolio context.
Understanding Inflation-Linked Bonds | PIMCO

Prove it.

WHERE IS YOURS?

Simple! There were probably because these were high risk bonds inflationary conditions established in the bond agreements.

Inflation-linked bonds, or ILBs, are securities designed to help protect investors from inflation. Primarily issued by sovereign governments, such as the U.S. and the UK, ILBs are indexed to inflation so that the principal and interest payments rise and fall with the rate of inflation. Inflation can significantly erode investors’ purchasing power, and ILBs can potentially provide protection from inflation’s effects. ILBs may also offer additional benefits in a broader portfolio context.

Probably? Wow! So much proof for your claim.

Prove it.

WHERE IS YOURS?

But you obviously had NO IDEA about ILBs!

Prove it.

WHERE IS YOURS?

But you obviously had NO IDEA about ILBs!

You obviously have no proof that China issued them or that the notably large tranche of £25,000,000 was one. I guess I'm supposed to take your math challenged word for it?

Here is what should happen, let both countries pay what is owed to the other one.

China pays us our 750 billion and we pay them their $1.168 trillion.

Or, we could just pay the difference and call it all even, how does sound.

Great IDEA! Sounds simple doesn't it?

China doesn’t owe you any money. A trade deficit isn’t a debt. The fact that you think they do, shows you are a complete idiot who knows nothing about what a trade deficit is.

DUMMY! China Does owe

From 1900 to 1940, the Chinese Government issued millions of dollars in sovereign debt, most notably, a large tranche of £25,000,000 issued at 5% in 1913 set to mature in 1960. This massive bond funded the modernization of China's infrastructure and was widely acquired at the time by governments, banks, and investors across the globe. However, in 1938 China defaulted on its "binding engagement upon the Government of the Republic of China and its Successors," leaving millions of global creditors unpaid. In accordance with the terms of the bond, successor government doctrine, and accounting standards, the United States can and should hold China accountable to its obligations.

The Chinese bonds in question are held throughout the world by treasuries, banks, companies, and over 20,000 private U.S. investors, many of which are active in seeking remuneration. Critically, the U.S. Treasury and Departments of Justice and State are understood to hold substantial portions of this Chinese sovereign debt. These holdings have not been fully cataloged nor has the U.S. Government moved to hold China accountable for its debt obligations.

American Bond Holders Foundation

Now I'm going to HELP you even further as simple math must be hard for you also..

£25,000,000 was worth in 1913 equal to in 2018 £2,801,713,928 or in US dollars $3,707,423,989
Now remember $3,707,423,989 (value of £25,000,000 in 1913) at 5% interest for 115 years (1913 -2018) worth $1,009,834,339,615.

No one was talking about paying the TRADE DEFICIT you idiot!
The USA owes China nearly $1.1 Trillion in national debt! IDIOT!
The idea is the $1.0 Trillion owes the US and Citizens would be washed by the DEBT the USA owes China!

Now I know why people like you believe the MSM!

I am going to say it again simple hopefully you'll understand!
A) China owes on Chinese Bonds issued in 1913 over $1.0 trillion in loans made at 5% to 20,000 private investors!
B) China OWNS nearly $1 trillion in US treasuries!

It is a wash!
DUMMY!

£25,000,000 was worth in 1913 equal to in 2018 £2,801,713,928

Still confused about inflation and bonds?

NOPE because there was in all the bonds an inflation rate built in. Prove me wrong! The reason was the 20,000 investors in these Chinese bonds were very aware
of the inflationary affect on Chinese currency in the 1920s!

Historical Inflation Rates: 1914-2018

The reason was the 20,000 investors in these Chinese bonds were very aware
of the inflationary affect on Chinese currency in the 1920s!

And another thing, what the hell does inflation in the Chinese currency have to do with your link to US inflation and much more importantly, what do US and Chinese inflation have to do with a bond denominated in British Pounds?

I mean could you show your ignorance of the issue any better in a single post if you tried? DERP!

Forum List

Back