MRC- 23rd Annual Awards for the Year’s Worst Reporting

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
some real dooseys here. No. 1 is imho no.1 by a country mile. Unreal, especially if you have any familiarity with Hirsi Ali and her life.

Some the rhetoric from the Times and Wapo, is just ridiculous.

Tavis Smiley (92 points)

Author Ayaan Hirsi Ali, talking about radical Muslims: “Somehow, the idea got into their minds that to kill other people is a great thing to do and that they would be rewarded in the hereafter.”

Host Tavis Smiley: “But Christians do that every single day in this country.”

Ali: “Do they blow people up every day?”

Smiley: “Yes. Oh, Christians, every day, people walk into post offices, they walk into schools, that’s what Columbine is — I could do this all day long....There are folk in the Tea Party, for example, every day who are being recently arrested for making threats against elected officials, for calling people ‘******’ as they walk into Capitol Hill, for spitting on people. That’s within the political — that’s within the body politic of this country.”

video at

Best of Notable Quotables 2010

The Rage Is Not About Health Care

By FRANK RICH
Published: March 27, 2010

“There’s nothing entertaining about watching goons hurl venomous slurs at congressmen like the civil rights hero John Lewis and the openly gay Barney Frank....How curious that a mob fond of likening President Obama to Hitler knows so little about history that it doesn’t recognize its own small-scale mimicry of Kristallnacht.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/opinion/28rich.html

and.....

In the faces of Tea Party shouters, images of hate and history

By Colbert I. King
Saturday, March 27, 2010

“The angry faces at Tea Party rallies are eerily familiar. They resemble faces of protesters lining the street at the University of Alabama in 1956 as Autherine Lucy, the school’s first black student, bravely tried to walk to class. Those same jeering faces could be seen gathered around the Arkansas National Guard troopers who blocked nine black children from entering Little Rock’s Central High School in 1957. ‘They moved closer and closer,’ recalled Elizabeth Eckford, one of the Little Rock Nine. ‘Somebody started yelling, “Lynch her! Lynch her!”’”

Colbert I. King - In the faces of Tea Party shouters, images of hate and history

Repeat after me:
"The mainstream media is not bias"

Now that you got that ingrained in your brain, on to the next one!

Repeat after me:

2+2=5

2+2=5

2+2=5

2+2=5

2+2=5

2+2=5

2+2=5

2+2=5

2+2=5

Forum List

Back