Record Poverty,Highest Unemployment in Years yet the people Shop till they Drop...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Man,what a country. The Media is now cheerleading and celebrating the fact more Americans are shopping for the Holidays this year. My question is...How can this be? More Americans are living in Poverty than ever before and Unemployment is the highest it has been in many years. More Americans are also now receiving Food Stamps than ever before yet they're all out shopping? Something is definitely wrong with this picture. Is the Media telling us the truth or are they just Bullshitting us again? How can so many Americans be suffering and shopping at the same time? The numbers just don't seem to be adding up. And is 'Shop till you Drop' really the right message to be sending Americans at this point? Just something i've been wondering about. All this suffering yet the people still shop till they drop? Hmm? :confused:

Last edited:
1 out of 7 Americans is on Food Stamps yet they're all shopping like crazy? I guess you just have to accept the fact that you're always going to be lied to by the Politicians & Media.

Anyone see this?

Mesquite police early Thursday used pepper spray to control an unruly crowd of sneaker shoppers.

The incident happened at Towne East Mall, where dozens of people had lined up top buy Nike's new Air Jordan 11 Retro, which went on sale at 6 a.m.

Sisters Laurie and Lorraine Martinez, who said they had been in line since 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, described the scene as frightening and chaotic.

The craze over the Air Jordan 11 Retro sneaker also caused problems at other Texas malls .

Throngs of people flooded Houston-area malls and shopping centers on Thursday morning, prompting police action.

The sneakers, which retail for $175, officially debuted at midnight Thursday, but are going for as much as $280 on Ebay.

Fans of the shoes began lining up across the country last night, including at the Mesquite shopping mall, where they sold out in half an hour, Martinez told KDFW.

Read more: Air Jordan Retro 11 cool gray's attract boisterous crowds in their midnight debut across the country

D.C. had some unruly shoppers as well. Have you ever paid $175-280 for a pair of sneakers? Some "waited outside" for 24 hours. What is wrong with these people?

Last edited:
For a lot of bozos spending such sums on sneakers must bring them needed hood cred or something.

Same mentality IMO of spending a few grand on cool rims for a piece of crap car.

People are programmedby generations worth of Christmas marketing.
Christmas is the spending season.
You are not a real christian unelss you overspend on Christmas :rolleyes:
Many of these unemployed still have credit cards.

I agree uscitizen. But overspending is one thing. These people were breaking windows and fighting just to buy the sneakers. And I have a feeling they were buying for themselves, not someone else.

The point of the OP was that this country is supposed to be hurting. These folks don't seem too concerned about it.

Unemployment is as 9.8%, not 90%. Right wingers complain people don't "buy", then they complain people "buy". Secede already. Just "go away".

No rdean. It's about priorities. If these people have good jobs and extra cash to spend on shoes, fine by me. But I certainly hope their kids have school supplies and their elderly mothers have heat.

No rdean. It's about priorities. If these people have good jobs and extra cash to spend on shoes, fine by me. But I certainly hope their kids have school supplies and their elderly mothers have heat.

If you are a Democrat or a Liberal, I would certainly expect you to have those feelings and concerns.

If you are a Republican or a Conservative and you have those feelings, then I suspect you are in the wrong party.

If you believe that if you "feed the poor and they'll breed" or "the unemployed are hobo's" or "spending their unemployment on drugs" or "we need to get rid of Social Security and Medicare" then I suspect you belong to the right wing "elite" leadership who have told us they believe those things over and over again.

If you are a Democrat or a Liberal, I would certainly expect you to have those feelings and concerns.

If you are a Republican or a Conservative and you have those feelings, then I suspect you are in the wrong party.

If you believe that if you "feed the poor and they'll breed" or "the unemployed are hobo's" or "spending their unemployment on drugs" or "we need to get rid of Social Security and Medicare" then I suspect you belong to the right wing "elite" leadership who have told us they believe those things over and over again.

You really haven't bottomed out on stupidity yet? Wow!

Just to mess with your small brain, rdean.... What have you done for those less fortunate this Christmas?

I suspect you would say its a lie if I were to say that is a proven fact that us "evil cons" give more on a regular basis than you "angelic libs" (commucrats) do..... if ya dont believe me, look it up.... Im too lazy to.

Oh and Merry Christmas rdean!!!!! Jesus loves you too..... :cool:

I just don't get it. All these people are supposedly suffering so much yet they're out their shopping till they drop? 1 out of 7 Americans is receiving Food Stamps yet it hasn't stopped them from purchasing their Big Screen TVs and X-Boxes. What is suffering in America? Should we still listen to those whining abut suffering so much? Our idea of "Suffering" is apparently much different than the rest of the World's idea of suffering. We should be encouraging Americans to save money. We should not be encouraging 'Shop till you Drop" and more Debt.

People are programmedby generations worth of Christmas marketing.
Christmas is the spending season.
You are not a real christian unelss you overspend on Christmas :rolleyes:
Many of these unemployed still have credit cards.

Yea just blame the "Evil Christians." What an ignorant simpleton. You just know this person thinks of themselves as being a witty genius. Yup just blame those "Evil Christians" for everything. Yikes! :cuckoo:

Me too, but with many that is secondary to buying Christmas presents.

You are a total failure if you do not spend lots on Christmas.

Forum List

Back