Mr. Etch a Sketch: We once built the interstate highway system and the Hoover Dam!

R

rdean

Mitt Romney Delivers Remarks in Illinois

I helped start companies that began just as an idea and somehow made it through all the inevitable difficulties to create thousands of jobs. Those jobs helped families buy their first homes, put kids through school, live better lives, dream a little bigger.

We once built the interstate highway system and the Hoover Dam.

We once led the world in manufacturing, exports, and infrastructure investment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romney senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom was asked on CNN whether Romney may be forced so far to the right by rivals Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich in the primary race that it might hurt him if he's the party's nominee in the fall. Fehrnstrom responded: "I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It's almost like an Etch-A-Sketch — you can kind of shake it up and we start all over again."

Romney Adviser's 'Etch-A-Sketch' Comment Shakes Up Criticism From Rivals : It's All Politics : NPR

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe what I'm reading. Infrastructure investment? From a Republican????? Really?????

We once built the interstate highway system and the Hoover Dam. And then he uses big government projects as examples of what he wants to do? Really? I smell "stimulus".

1-143.jpg

Dean serious question.....would you ever bad mouth a Democrat for fucking someone over?.....how about for stating a lie?....how about for helping him/herself while fucking over the country?....or are you so fucking programed with Democratic bullshit that you cant see any further than what they allow you to see?.....

Can you imagine how long it would take to build a national highway system today with the mountains of regs on wild toads, yellow salamanders, blind cockroaches, etc. There would have to be a moratorium and federal study every five minutes.

Can you imagine how long it would take to build a national highway system today with the mountains of regs on wild toads, yellow salamanders, blind cockroaches, etc. There would have to be a moratorium and federal study every five minutes.

New York's got many capital improvements going on thanks to the stimulus.

How many are going on in Republican states?

Meh, typical lefties.... grabbing other people's money.

Mitt pretty much was forced to come out the other day & say "F the independents" in response to the question of whether he would throw the eXtreme Righties under the bus (run to the Left during the GE) :rofl:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/101479599
The episode, likely to dog Romney in the coming days, began when adviser Eric Fehrnstrom was asked on CNN if the extended primary fight might force Romney so far to the right that it would hurt him with moderate voters in the fall.

Last edited:
Heck we can't even rebuild the twin towers. How many years ago was that? And where is the reconstruction at?

Seems like I recall a president saying we would rebuild?

Last edited:
Dean serious question.....would you ever bad mouth a Democrat for fucking someone over?.....how about for stating a lie?....how about for helping him/herself while fucking over the country?....or are you so fucking programed with Democratic bullshit that you cant see any further than what they allow you to see?.....

i will take your unwillingness to answer this as a ....."no i would never ever do something against those who have reconstructed my thought patterns"....

Last edited:

Sure, I've bad mouthed Democrats. They are called "Conservative" Blue Dogs and they vote Republican, they just don't like Republicans.

And yet, it's the Red States whose economies are kept afloat by Blue States. Not something even you can deny after the mountain of evidence that's been posted.

What portion of Regulations come from government and what portion come from court mandates? Your assignment for today. Surprise yourself. Find out the truth.

The interstate highway system was a republican plan developed during the Eisenhower administration.

Yes, and paid for with taxes which were more than 90% rate on the wealthiest Americans under Eisenhower. And still they rode in private jets and lived in mansions. And it proved that business and government can work together.

Course, in the 60's, conservatives fled the Democratic Party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party. Which is why today, it's 90% white and stupid as fuck.

Based on how much money NY State pays into the Federal pool, I think it's more accurate to say they are grabbing their own money.

People need to start asking republicans if they think America is worth investing in anymore and keep hammering them with it because at this point their official position seems to be a resounding NO and will continue to be NO until we give up all regulation and taxation of business, no matter how sensible, and don't forget fair labor laws and unionization, that has got to go.

Union labor...what can i say.

People need to start asking republicans if they think America is worth investing in anymore and keep hammering them with it because at this point their official position seems to be a resounding NO and will continue to be NO until we give up all regulation and taxation of business, no matter how sensible, and don't forget fair labor laws and unionization, that has got to go.

While this is true, what amazes me even more, is when I have discussions with "conservatives" who claim it is not even possible to do those kind of works anymore! They claim America is the greatest country in the world while at the same time claiming we are totally incapable of building new train tracks.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back