Movies That Made Men Cry

The only film during which I ever cried was F9/11. It made me really, really sad to realise that there is a significant portion of people who call themselves Americans who would watch that tripe without seeing it for what it is.

Well, you all forgot FROSTY THE SNOWMAN!!!! Alteast I know ONE MEMBER to have cried to it! HAHAHAHA, sorry Jim, couldn't refuse!

I can't believe noone has put the "Return of the King" on the list...at the end when Aragorn tells the 4 hobbits, "My friends, you bow to noone", it's almost physically painful. And Mr. Holland's Opus always gets me too.

Miracle (Tears of Joy at the swell of patriotism evertime the clock reaches zero vs the Russians)
Saving Private Ryan (Tears of pain at the last battle scene when the soldiers die)

Can't think of any others off hand.

Well when I was a lad, the Fox and the Hound really got me going, the part where the old lady let the fox go in the woods. :(

Other than that, I dont believe I've ever cried in any more movies, except the action scenes in Pearl Harbor. Usually instead of crying the screen goes a bit blurry and my head starts to feel like its spinning and I kind of stare for awhile.

Oh I almost forgot, I bawled in Where the Red Fern Grows. Old Yeller was sad, but no tears in that one.

I'll second your nomination of Where the Red Fern Grows as a real tear-jerker. Very good story.

Adam's Apple said:
I'll second your nomination of Where the Red Fern Grows as a real tear-jerker. Very good story.

Good movie, better book.

Ol Dan and Little Anne. I largely had forgotten about that story until I read this post.

My daughter's family finished reading the book (Where the Red Fern Grows)about a month ago. Reading a good book together is an after dinner activity for them, and she said they all cried like babies at the ending.

Well the part about how Little Anne used her last ounce of strength to lift herself up onto old Dan's body, it gets to us, man. Nonetheless a very good story for youngsters to read. Then again. All the elements of a good story are there.

Schindler's List

I'd watched many of people die before my eyes; most of them through accidents and illness; and some, by virture of being killed by someone.

When I saw that scene, in which Oskar Schindler told the jews he had saved, that he could had done more, I'd broken into tears.

Could I had done more to save my mother, my best friend, and my former girlfriend? Could I had done more to save the Kurds from Saddam? Maybe I could had done more to save the Cubans and Haitians that'd drowned in the Carribean, seeking freedom. Maybe I could had save those two children from that recent fire I'd told you about.

I'll always feel as if I can never do enough, thanks to this movie. You can NEVER do enough, in your efforts, to help your fellow human beings in need!

hylandrdet said:
Schindler's List

I'd watched many of people die before my eyes; most of them through accidents and illness; and some, by virture of being killed by someone.

When I saw that scene, in which Oskar Schindler told the jews he had saved, that he could had done more, I'd broken into tears.

Could I had done more to save my mother, my best friend, and my former girlfriend? Could I had done more to save the Kurds from Saddam? Maybe I could had done more to save the Cubans and Haitians that'd drowned in the Carribean, seeking freedom. Maybe I could had save those two children from that recent fire I'd told you about.

I'll always feel as if I can never do enough, thanks to this movie. You can NEVER do enough, in your efforts, to help your fellow human beings in need!

You'll drive yourself mad with what if's. Especially life or death ones. What happened happened the way god intended. You can only learn from the events and base future decisions upon them.

insein said:
You'll drive yourself mad with what if's. Especially life or death ones. What happened happened the way god intended. You can only learn from the events and base future decisions upon them.

I apologize for giving off the wrong impression; my response was designed to tell you what movie scene drove me to tears and had remotivated my wanting to help others. Thank you; I do appreciate your posting.

Forum List

Back