Movie Elysium shows how far the left lacks understanding.

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
'Elysium' director Neill Blomkamp, star Matt Damon deny movie has political agenda | Fox News

A movie that looks to be full of far left agenda(s) is said by the star as well as the director to be not true
"normal"

Therein lies the problem with the agenda that has taken over the Democratic Party
Matt Damon, a very good actor, supports public schools, but sends his kids to private
To him open borders is “normal”
To the elite and those who are just democratic followers really see nothing radical about open borders, single payer health care, and class war-fare as just a few examples
It is normal to them
Occupy Wall Street, it is a normal activity

Point being the far left agenda has taken over the Democratic Party, which is sad. We need opposing views as well as solid ideas to build from, like in the old days with Newt and Slick Willie.
Open borders is not an idea that needs debate
single payer health care with 50 million on Medicade?
And what exactly is it that wall street did?

The far right agenda has taken over the GOP. The far left agenda has taken over the Democratic party.

Stop rewarding the extreme agendas with your vote. You are telling them they are doing something right.

The film is fantasy, JRK, not a prediction of what will happen.

You far right reactionaries are as wack as the far left liberals.

Remember when our wacks were talking about the Rand movies?

Last edited:
The far right agenda has taken over the GOP. The far left agenda has taken over the Democratic party.

Stop rewarding the extreme agendas with your vote. You are telling them they are doing something right.

The Far right are for the Constitution and freedom of the Citizens.
This is not far right and is not extreme. This is what our Government is suppose to be.

The Far left is against the Constitution and loss of Citizens freedoms.
This is Far Left and is extreme.

That may be, but Hollywood and Washington have often been closely aligned. The article here is just the tip of the iceberg.

Obama, Clooney's Friendship Not Rare in Presidential History - ABC News

I'm thinking of the Kennedys with Peter Lawford as BIL, and Marilyn. And then there is Reagan. Now Zerobama.

I haven't seen this move, and unless it comes on cable I won't drive to town for it. But when I saw Pearl Harbor, before I got out of the theater I said, 'Damn that was an advertisement for the War Department.'

Honestly, I think most Americans have difficulty discerning reality from Hollywood anyway. We are lotus eaters with many kinds of lotus.

This is not far right and is not extreme. This is what our Government is suppose to be.

This poll by Pew may cause you some concern.

Attachments

• $2-26-13-1.png
    $2-26-13-1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 22

That may be, but Hollywood and Washington have often been closely aligned. The article here is just the tip of the iceberg.

Obama, Clooney's Friendship Not Rare in Presidential History - ABC News

I'm thinking of the Kennedys with Peter Lawford as BIL, and Marilyn. And then there is Reagan. Now Zerobama.

I haven't seen this move, and unless it comes on cable I won't drive to town for it. But when I saw Pearl Harbor, before I got out of the theater I said, 'Damn that was an advertisement for the War Department.'

Honestly, I think most Americans have difficulty discerning reality from Hollywood anyway. We are lotus eaters with many kinds of lotus.

100% right.

No ones stopping you from starting your own conservative movie studio. You already did it with news. You guys could make Passion of the Christ II, The Resurection, or you could make a sequel to that conservative classic, An American Carol.

How is this movie left wing? I know nothing about the movie.

And we are making our own movie studios.

Yeah cause class division is never a topic especially for Sci-Fi...........

Far left is revolutionary; far right is radical. I don't see a far left agenda, the far right agenda is obvious.

Please edify me.

LOL.

The far right is for the Constitution and freedom of the Citizens, yet the far right opposes Sec. I of the 14th Amendment.

The far right is for freedom of the citizens, yet opposed economic freedom by opposing the Equal Rights Amendment.

Democrats supported the Dream Act.

Democrats supported the Equal Rights Amendment.

Democrats support the ACA which expands health care to more Americans and has been determined to be Constitutional.

The far right wants to repeal the ACA (I've got mine, screw the poor, the aged and the infirm)

Far left is revolutionary; far right is radical. I don't see a far left agenda, the far right agenda is obvious.

Please edify me.

Far left is radical and far right is reactionary

Revolutionary can be on either side

LOL.

The far right is for the Constitution and freedom of the Citizens, yet the far right opposes Sec. I of the 14th Amendment.

The far right is for freedom of the citizens, yet opposed economic freedom by opposing the Equal Rights Amendment.

Democrats supported the Dream Act.

Democrats supported the Equal Rights Amendment.

Democrats support the ACA which expands health care to more Americans and has been determined to be Constitutional.

The far right wants to repeal the ACA (I've got mine, screw the poor, the aged and the infirm)

shoe me 1 example of your accusations?
Equal rights act?. I think the GOP is the only reason that act was passed!!!!!
, and had been for a century. There is no radical break in the Republicans’ civil-rights history: From abolition to Reconstruction to the anti-lynching laws, from the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments to the Civil Rights Act of 1875 to the Civil Rights Acts of 1957, 1960, and 1964, there exists a line that is by no means perfectly straight or unwavering but that nonetheless connects the politics of Lincoln with those of Dwight D. Eisenhower. And from slavery and secession to remorseless opposition to everything from Reconstruction to the anti-lynching laws, the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments, the Civil Rights Act of 1875, and the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960, there exists a similarly identifiable line connecting John Calhoun and Lyndon Baines Johnson. Supporting civil-rights reform was not a radical turnaround for congressional Republicans in 1964, but it was a radical turnaround for Johnson and the Democrats.
The Party of Civil Rights | National Review Online

The health care law is an item that the will of the people are supporting repeal of
the vote in Mass. to elect amGOP for to take Ed. Kenndy seat proves that

You think medicare is for the rich?

The fact that Beohner is still Speaker proves that statement is BS.

The second statement is true and has been for at least 15 years.

The fact that Beohner is still Speaker proves that statement is BS.

The second statement is true and has been for at least 15 years.

I dis agree
The GOP is more in tune with a Blue dog Dem than a conservative
We have no child left behind
We have medicare D
Tryin to stop the radical agenda of the Pelosis, Reids as well as Obamas is not a far right agenda
It is trying to save this country from radial change (to late for some areas)
Health care reform? yes we need some change there
one step at a time, not Obama-care

Forum List

Back