MoveOn.org drives new liberal catch phrase: ‘Tea party downgrade’

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Stephanie, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    well the SHEEP have been given their MARCHING ORDERS. .DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS..

The Daily Caller – Sun Aug 7, 3:12 pm ET
    The left-wing activist group MoveOn.org picked up the new liberal slogan bashing conservatives for Standard & Poor’s U.S. credit rating downgrade: “Tea Party downgrade.” President Obama’s chief campaign strategist David Axelrod and Massachusetts Democratic Sen. John Kerry both used the phrase on Sunday talk shows.

In a Sunday afternoon email to supporters, MoveOn.org accused tea partiers of being responsible for the first-ever credit downgrade in U.S. history. “This ‘tea party downgrade’ is a shameful blow to our nation’s honor and risks throwing us right back into recession,” Moveon.org wrote. “Worst of all? It was completely avoidable. But when given the choice between extremist posturing and responsible leadership, tea party Republicans chose wrong.” (RELATED: Axelrod: ‘This is essentially a tea party downgrade’)

MoveOn.org added that “now, amazingly, they’re trying to pin the blame on Democrats.”
    :eusa_whistle:

Credit ratings agency Standard & Poor downgraded the United States credit rating from AAA to AA+ with a negative outlook on Friday evening.

MoveOn.org asked its supporters to share an image of a mock headline reading “Heckuva Job, Tea Party!” via Facebook and email.

from..
    MoveOn.org drives new liberal catch phrase:

And I do believe I saw already one sheep here had this MOCK image..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    It does sound catchy for the CalamiTea Party.

downsize works too.

3. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    Isn't it odd how a bunch of intelligent, independent thinkers all have the same ideas at the same time? :lol:

4. cutter

cutter Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Move.on.org's thinking is like the guy that has un-protected sex with a meth addicted hooker and gets Aids, then blames the condom makes because he failed to use one.

If the government had done everything the TEA PARTY wanted we wouldn't have gotten Aids, I'm sorry I meant been downgraded.

5. cootydog

cootydog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I think they got it wrong, its President downgrade. He has down graded everything from oil and coal production to the way the world sees us. Yep I say President downgrade. Tea Party keep up the good work

6. ogibillm

ogibillm Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,570
    you guys go on and on about moveon.org providing the talking points whereas i can turn on the local right wing radio station and here the same point of view - and talking points - all day, every day.

and why not call it the tea party downgrade? that's what it is.

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    The TEA Party didn't have the votes to pass anything. It's the Democrat/Republican Downgrade and you know it.

Don't go along with the establishment lies.

8. ogibillm

ogibillm Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,570
    you're right, they didn't.

but they did have the ability to block things, and they did have the ability to hold some politicians to a stupid pledge not to raise any taxes at all - to the point that they said they'd rather default.

the downgrade is very accurately attributed to them.

9. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    yea... go tell that joke in Michigan, fool.

now cry some more about being stuck with the failures of your tea party movement.

10. cootydog

cootydog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    How can anyone be so stupid r so blind as to really think its the tea party' fault we got a downgrade

How do you liberals explain Obama having the house and senate for 2 years and didnt do shit now the tea partys been in the house a few months so you blame them. Thats all I ever hear from the left is name calling and finger pointing.