"Mother's hoping their newborns will be a specific gender leaves an imprint on child's mind"

GiveMeATicketToWork

Feb 3, 2016
I heard a preacher say that when a pregnant woman hopes that her child will be a specific gender, it can leave an imprint on the child's mind to want to be the gender that the mother was hoping for.

Do you believe that that is true?

What if the mother is hoping for a girl, but it ends up being a boy?

Or, what if the mother hopes for a boy but ends up with a girl?

Does that mean that the mother hoped their child into being gay? Many scientists have said that our sexuality and behavior are tied to the way our brains are structured.

What if the mother is hoping for a girl, but it ends up being a boy?

Or, what if the mother hopes for a boy but ends up with a girl?

Does that mean that the mother hoped their child into being gay? Many scientists have said that our sexuality and behavior are tied to the way our brains are structured.

I mean just hoped them into wanting to be a specific gender.

They say that the emotions of the mother can affect the infant, but it isn't as simple as making a wish, if it is indeed true.

I heard a preacher say that when a pregnant woman hopes that her child will be a specific gender, it can leave an imprint on the child's mind to want to be the gender that the mother was hoping for.

Do you believe that that is true?

no

I think it's possible.

I don't------neuroscience is my field. OF COURSE----the real issue is how the new mother TREATS her child. It is an observed fact that parents behave a bit differently towards baby girls vs baby boys-----and there have been behavioral
scientists who INSIST that gender self Identification is VERY much influenced
by that pink ruffled girlie onesie----vs the ROBIN HOOD decorated onesie that
the boy gets. No question MATERNAL STRESS (with all kinds of hormonal
aberrations ) have an effect on the developing fetus------but not a thought---"gee, ---I prefer a girl"

New Topics

Forum List

Back