Most Support Obama's Stimulus Plan

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Poll: Most support Obama's $800 billion stimulus plan - CNN.com

What "most Americans" apparently don't realize is that the $800 billion is either going to be printed or borrowed, which is part of the problem in the first place. The government needs to quit making the situation worse and simply allow this correction to happen.

2. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    thank you for the enlightenment oh wise one :lol:

3. cunclusion

cunclusion Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    This depends on your financial situation if you still have a job most likely you dont like this plan if you dont have one you want your cut. Its like the automotive bailout most people were saying no they shouldnt give no money but most of us are selfish if it doesnt affect us we dont care. If it doesnt affect my job, my little world then i dont care but when it does affect my job or my little world i want money too the company i work for needs money, why my gas so high (early last year) the government should do something about it. Most people are just plain hypocrites sad to say.

Its like this you have a family with 2 kids, about to lose your job and finding a job is almost nearly impossible. What do you do you want help from the federal government. Especially if you worked for the state and got laid off. Do you still have your job be happy but dont get uptight because others want help because in that situation you want help to.

4. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Thank you for contributing nothing of importance to this discussion.

5. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I have been laid off quite a few times, once from a Chevrolet dealership. I'm aware that it's not a good situation and that people may not be in a good place right now. It doesn't, however, excuse the government when it makes matters worse. Where does the money for this stimulus come from? The government doesn't have $800 billion just sitting around collecting dust. Eventually, the people will have to pay this money back. Either through inflation or through direct taxation.

6. cunclusion

cunclusion Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah i know it will have to be paid back. It always has too be one way or another. But the big thing is people need jobs they are not as lucky as your or me, they want to work alot are taking jobs in the fast food industry so they can have any kind of paycheck. But in the end which would be worse letting these people lose thier jobs, homes and insurance in the end we pay for it anyways. Thats the rub we will pay one way or another. Do you try to stop or just let everything happen, like the housing crisis people were talking about support money back last Jan to keep people afloat then during the summer they were talking about the same thing but it was 10 times bigger. Dont forget if they are unemployed or under employed they will get foodstamps which the government pays for and the hosipitals will have to take a loss with the people getting sick which they get a little from the state and federal for that too. So add all that up would you rather have people working for the government or sponging off it.

7. mash107

mash107 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    People never ask what gets destroyed with borrowing $800B away from the economy? Jobs. And lots of it.

Borrowing is absolutely no different than direct taxation... except the former is promised a pay back, eventually.

Keynesian economics is just wrong: youtube.com/watch?v=VoxDyC7y7PM

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    They didn't need a poll for this. Americans are becoming more uneducated and programmed all the time. To borrow a term from another USMB member who is indelibly programmed, these Americans are simply 'Ideologues' that simply parrot what they're hear from their masters. It's only going to get worse.

9. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Misguided expectations?

Obama sees a recession in the US as do all of us. Unfortunately the roots of the recession are global, and his stimulus package does not address the global problems.

We need energy self sufficiency, totally, completely and cheaply.

If he can not deliver that, we are screwed and will continue to be screwed as long as the Arabs and Iran can continue to bid up the oil futures.

They panicked and stopped their recent game when they saw that manipultion of the Futures Market brought an economic collapse to the Western World.

Though Osama is so happy, he is dancing in the streets, the rest of the Islamic world realized that this recession is hurting them as well. So, they have backed off for the time being.

Once the collapse has been stymied, they will be back to their old games but will use moderation again to keep the price of Oil at about $110 a barrel to maximize their profits but not hamper economic growth. We need to produce oil for $35 a barrel to keep the price low.

It is called economic war. It is real and we need to win it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Well... that certainly would be one way to deal with this problem.

Tell me, what do you think would happen to America while this "correction" was happening?