Most racist political ad ever?

It's much worse than even the worst rap videos because it's using stereotypes about black people to induce fear that there are gangs out there who will go use this candidate's money for drugs and guns. Rap videos might have some deplorable shit, but they don't use stereotypes to invoke racist thoughts.

I'm sure some come about after you watch them, but the intent is just to be themselves in the rap videos..not exploit negative stereotypes. I doubt you'll get this distinction.

It's much worse than even the worst rap videos because it's using stereotypes about black people to induce fear that there are gangs out there who will go use this candidate's money for drugs and guns. Rap videos might have some deplorable shit, but they don't use stereotypes to invoke racist thoughts.

I'm sure some come about after you watch them, but the intent is just to be themselves in the rap videos..not exploit negative stereotypes. I doubt you'll get this distinction.

A) This candidate did actually siphon money to gangs and they did buy drugs etc with it. B) It is a political ad so not surprising it has a political message. C)Rap videos invoke racist images all the time to sell music and make money. How is that better?

Well, reading the thread, I've come to the conclusion that what makes it racist is that supposedly conservatives made it.

Really, you guys? That's all you've got? Have you seen any hip-hop videos lately? This is tame compared to what's out there. :lol:

True. Playing on the white's stereotypes of blacks. Par for the course w/ many conservatives.

Well, reading the thread, I've come to the conclusion that what makes it racist is that supposedly conservatives made it.

Really, you guys? That's all you've got? Have you seen any hip-hop videos lately? This is tame compared to what's out there. :lol:

Rap music pushes the very worst stereotypes in black culture: that "men" are macho studs who use women for pleasure, that getting high is a very worthwhile activity, that violence is an acceptable alternative in society etc etc. And that all of that is authentically black. That is more racist than anything I've seen from a white person.

Let me shout this one more time for the cheap seats:

The fact that ignorant rap idiots do stupid shit in videos doesnt excuse other idiots from knowingly and willfully exploiting racist stereotypes for cheap political gain.

Hiring an Uncle Tom (pardon me - desperate actor willing to insult their race for money) to make the video doesn't make the racism any less racist.

The fact that ignorant rap idiots do stupid shit in videos doesnt excuse other idiots from knowingly and willfully exploiting racist stereotypes for cheap political gain.

Hiring an Uncle Tom (pardon me - desperate actor willing to insult their race for money) to make the video doesn't make the racism any less racist.

So you agree that rap videos are racist.
Fine. Why aren't you speaking out against them? Or do you think black people are too stupid to listen?

And let's talk about rap music for a second...

Back in May of 2006, the Wall St. Journal published an article that examines the demographics of who buys rap music. Author Carl Bialik discovered that going by what data-measuring services are out there (namely Mediamark Research Inc., and not SoundScan, who doesn't track racial information, despite assumptions otherwise), as it turns out, the percentage of rap buyers in 1996, 1999 and 2001 were indeed, white. However, Bialik goes on to say that when MRI changed their data collecting methods - asking people to self-identify by race instead of having the collectors make that determination, the number of white consumers was actually 60%.

So a white-run media empire, selling to whites...pushing white stereotypes of what it means to be "black" is what you're defending yourself with? Wow. Shaky ground there.

And let's talk about rap music for a second...

Back in May of 2006, the Wall St. Journal published an article that examines the demographics of who buys rap music. Author Carl Bialik discovered that going by what data-measuring services are out there (namely Mediamark Research Inc., and not SoundScan, who doesn't track racial information, despite assumptions otherwise), as it turns out, the percentage of rap buyers in 1996, 1999 and 2001 were indeed, white. However, Bialik goes on to say that when MRI changed their data collecting methods - asking people to self-identify by race instead of having the collectors make that determination, the number of white consumers was actually 60%.

So a white-run media empire, selling to whites...pushing white stereotypes of what it means to be "black" is what you're defending yourself with? Wow. Shaky ground there.

Are you actually this dumb in real life?
Do you think that black people do not make rap music, listen to rap music, or buy rap music? Do you think rap music originated in Beverly Hills or something?

True. Playing on the white's stereotypes of blacks. Par for the course w/ many conservatives.
Yeah, not really.

piratecondi.gif

danzinger-rice.jpg

condi_whitey.jpg

mantan.jpg

Source.

And it's been going on for over a hundred years:

two-platforms.jpeg

Rap music pushes the very worst stereotypes in black culture: that "men" are macho studs who use women for pleasure, that getting high is a very worthwhile activity, that violence is an acceptable alternative in society etc etc. And that all of that is authentically black. That is more racist than anything I've seen from a white person.
Indeed. And thug culture is romanticized endlessly.

And people wonder why the illegitimacy rate among black families is around 70%.

Ahhh. The ever-popular "That's different. Somehow. It just is!" defense.

Tell me, is this guy racist?

Which is not what I was doing at all. You keep mischaracterizing my posts and for some dumb reason I keep responding. It's just that your stupidity is jaw-droppingly evident...but yet you still post it.

Which is not what I was doing at all. You keep mischaracterizing my posts and for some dumb reason I keep responding. It's just that your stupidity is jaw-droppingly evident...but yet you still post it.

No, Daveman understands your posts pretty well. The question is, do you, "counselor"?

No, Daveman understands your posts pretty well. The question is, do you, "counselor"?

Lets let the expert on Racism chime in.

Rabbi in your racist opinion, is this video racist?

Yes, it's what you were doing; otherwise, you would have responded to the last half of my post:

Well -- is he?

Is he racist? If he's promoting racist stereotypes, then of course he is. There's nothing but fluff in that piece...definitely not enough information to make any sort of determination of racism.

Of the songs that were listed, I dont recognize one that has any overt racism or use of stereotypes in it...
so your question is easily answered.

But again, you fail to make worthwhile comparisons between apples and apples.

If he's got racist songs out there, not listed in the article, how the fuck would I know?

Is he racist? If he's promoting racist stereotypes, then of course he is. There's nothing but fluff in that piece...definitely not enough information to make any sort of determination of racism.

Of the songs that were listed, I dont recognize one that has any overt racism or use of stereotypes in it...
so your question is easily answered.

But again, you fail to make worthwhile comparisons between apples and apples.

If he's got racist songs out there, not listed in the article, how the fuck would I know?

Don't they teach you lawyer types how to do research and stuff in lawyer school? :confused:

This took all of 10 seconds to find: Category:Songs produced by Scott Storch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:

Forum List

Back