Mormon Cosmology

[
Unanswered prayer is not proof that there is no God.

Um, yeah, it kind of is, really.

Because you religionists will get out there and claim that God totally wanted Tebow to win a football game, but he can't cure cancers or plagues or famines.
No it's not. Maybe God just lets the chips fall were they may. Why would God be at our beck and call?

So, your testimony is that unknowable, unfathomable gawds (which religionists slather with various human attributes), maybe don't listen to or respond to prayers. So why pray at all? At least to me, pleading for "stuff" seems like hassling with the gawds- praying for some reward in exchange for a specific behavior, in other words: influence peddling. As to the efficacy of prayer, let’s see the preponderance of evidence, and let's apply critical thinking to it and see if it withstands scrutiny. As a matter of course, everything that religionists delineate in their appeals to gawds we must hold supernaturalism against by way of standard.

The issues that religionists create for themselves are resolved when you take the gawds out of the equation. No issues at all -- not a single paradox. We have free will, we write our own destiny as we move through lineartime, we are responsible for the kind of world we live in, the "plan" is within our hands and is imperfect because we are imperfect, and thus changes-- exactly as it is playing out. The concerns about prayer and bargaining with the gawds are satisfied once you abdicate the notion that there's a "guiding intelligence" from a supernatural realm involved with our existence.

Hollie, showing her anger again at those of faith, does not get that she MUST protect the 1st amendment of believers as well as non-believers.

Yeah, but as long as she lives there is hope for her.

Watch. :lol: She has a bell for when this thread is posted, so she will be along within twenty minutes. How much do you want to bet she will accuse me of spamming, which is what she does regularly on these types of threads.

Last edited:
Hollie, showing her anger again at those of faith, does not get that she MUST protect the 1st amendment of believers as well as non-believers.
Jake showing his complete befuddlement as my comments had nothing to do with any 1st amendment issue.

Try to focus Jake. Read what is written and see if you can manage a coherent thought addressing the salient points.

:lol: Watch her be right on schedule with her spam and trolling.

Last edited:
[

Because you religionists will get out there and claim that God totally wanted Tebow to win a football game, but he can't cure cancers or plagues or famines.
No it's not. Maybe God just lets the chips fall were they may. Why would God be at our beck and call?

Well, I have a few problems with this argument.

The first one is the one you avoided. If God can make sure Tebow wins something as insignificant as a football game, he SHOULD be able to do something a lot more significant like cure a nice lady's cancer so her children aren't orphans.

Secondly, if your God is the creator of everything, why did he even create things like Cancer. Or AIDS. (oh, right, to punish the Homos. And the Hemophiliacs. As if he wasn't punishing them already by making them hemophiliacs!)

Or maybe the chips just fall where they may because there IS no God and it IS all random.

Not really.

IN fact, I would love to throw out the 1st Amendment and just make religion a licensed activity.

Here's how you get your license.

You take your Holy Books and explanations of your doctrines and covenents to our special office on the 107th Floor of the Willis Tower. (We used to call it the Sears Tower).

At that point, two orderlies grab you and throw you out the nearest window.

If God catches you on the way down, you have a totally valid religion.

Any takers?

God does not care if Tebow win or not. Tebow merely gives Him the glory.

God is not all powerful, in my opinion, but yet we have seen documented events that people recover when there is no way that they should recover.

Or it is what it is and blaming God will not help anything.

"]Hollie, showing her anger again at those of faith, does not get that she MUST protect the 1st amendment of believers as well as non-believers." "Not really." Yup, really, just as I protect yours not to believe and yell it from the roof tops.

"]Hollie, showing her anger again at those of faith, does not get that she MUST protect the 1st amendment of believers as well as non-believers." "Not really." Yup, really, just as I protect yours not to believe and yell it from the roof tops.
Are you really this dense? Well, never mind. That was a rhetorical question.

I suspect yours suffering the ailment of religious extremism. You're just babbling incoherently with your usual spam.

God is not all powerful, in my opinion, but yet we have seen documented events that people recover when there is no way that they should recover.

The above makes even less sense than your usual prattle.

Hollie, so unhappy with herself and a world she can't understand. It is what tis. You are so angry, so self loathing, so unhappy. Please let it out on the Board if it helps.

Hollie, so unhappy with herself and a world she can't understand. It is what tis. You are so angry, so self loathing, so unhappy. Please let it out on the Board if it helps.
Actually, Jake. The world is both understandable and conceivable. It's you self-hating extremists who have problems facing a reality based existence. You calm an emotional requirement to placate your fears and superstitions with the polytheistic gawds you were given, never having the ability to make a considered judgement about those gawds.

But you have a whole bunch of Funditards and Tebow himself who claim God wants him to win.

Why doesn't God cure amputees, then?

I don't blame God. You miss my point entirely. God doesn't exist. What I blame are back-ward ass religious assholes who put other assholes in office because they say "Jesus" sincerely, and those people proceed to fuck it up for the middle class.

And bringing this back to Mormonism, here you have a cult that was started by a two bit con man who wanted to fuck teenage girls. It was a clearly documented fraud with all sorts of crazy beliefs, and yet there are 6 million people in this country who think God lives on a planet called Kolob and they are all wearing magic underwear and they even managed to get one of their cult members the nomination of a major political party.

Forum List

Back