Mormon Church finally admits Joseph Smith had 40 wives

I doubt it makes much difference to members or non-members, but it may dampen some of the 'Mohammed was a paedopshile' acusations some people like to throw around.

but it may dampen some of the 'Mohammed was a paedopshile' acusations some people like to throw around.

Joseph Smith, portrayed in church materials as a loyal partner to his loving spouse Emma, took as many as 40 wives, some already married and one only 14 years old.

You were saying?

Also, I'm pretty sure there was a 16 year old in the mix.

polygamy was commanded by God, revealed to Smith and accepted by him and his followers only very reluctantly.

What a crock of shit.

God: You must take several wives.
False Prophet: I don't want to.
God: I command it!
False Prophet: Well, as long as it's an order...

I so totally buy that.

Somebody give me some magic underwear and a bicycle.

I doubt it makes much difference to members or non-members, but it may dampen some of the 'Mohammed was a paedopshile' acusations some people like to throw around.
Mohammed was a pedophile. A 14 year old girl was of marriageable age back in the 1830s frontier. Girls that age, while not really women, were certainly not prepubescent children.

polygamy was commanded by God, revealed to Smith and accepted by him and his followers only very reluctantly.

What a crock of shit.

I so totally buy that.

And that's different from Jesus turning water into wine and feeding thousands with a few loaves of bread?

What a crock of shit.

I so totally buy that.

And that's different from Jesus turning water into wine and feeding thousands with a few loaves of bread?

Care to tell me how feeding people is comparable to justifying sexual perversion?

What a crock of shit.

I so totally buy that.

Care to tell me how feeding people is comparable to justifying sexual perversion?

It's not sexual perversion now, is it? It's marriage.

What a crock of shit.

I so totally buy that.

To 40 women and children. Yes, that's sexual perversion.

If it wasn't, it would still be practiced today.

Fucking lemmings deserve their insecurity, because the roots of their religion are rotten to the core.

What a crock of shit.

I so totally buy that.

To 40 women and children. Yes, that's sexual perversion.

If it wasn't, it would still be practiced today.

Fucking lemmings deserve their insecurity, because the roots of their religion are rotten to the core.

And Jesus built a cult of followers. What's the difference?

Joseph Smith emotionally tortured his (true) wife by abusing his position to rationalize fucking anything that moved.

How people can be suckered into following a religion that implies God would endorse such behavior is just baffling.

I don't care about the roots, I look at the social metrics of Mormons and they're off the charts good compared to other social groups.

amazing. The new York times is so incompetent that they missed the last 150+ years of history.

did they ever bother checking out the family search site the church has run for decades? The one that shows Joseph smiths marriages?

The Mormon founder Joseph Smith married as many as 40 women, including a 14-year-old girl, church leaders have acknowledged for the first time in a surprising revelation about their most important prophet.

Although the Mormon church was closely associated with polygamy during its first decades, its teachings had previously portrayed Smith as happily married to one woman.

Mormon church finally admits founder Joseph Smith was polygamist with 40 wives - Telegraph

So what?

Sounds like a brilliantly manipulative stud to me.

Compared to most men, he must have had a kickass sex life.

Forum List

Back