Morgan Freeman’s Legal Claims Against CNN for ‘Scandal-Mongering’ Actually Look Pretty Strong

I want his attorney...bet Stormy is wishing that as well.....this guy has balls and smarts....

oh dear God, please let this happen

to see a shit storm with the #metoo crowd and FNN against a reasonable black man...

would be glorious!

I read what one said, her deposition --- it was awfully tame!! He gave gallant compliments, real old-guy stuff, not modern maybe but not at all harassment. Now, I don't know about the other women, but if that's what they are calling a crime, they're crazy. No grabbing, no sex talk, just mild compliments.

I expect they didn't like it because he's black and they're white, and I wouldn't care for that either, but crime is crime, and that wasn't.

Let #MeToo run this year, 2018, and then let's move to a statute of limitations. Report the sex crime to the police within a year, maybe two years max, or it does not count: libel.

I hope he punches them HARD.
the only way to put a stop to this type of nonsense is to implement and enforce heavy penalties for these types of allegations when they are obviously fabricated

you may be familiar with the lady that accused a police officer of rape in Dallas last week - she should be in jail; she tried to ruin someone's life just to get out of a ticket

having said all of that, it is not always so cut and dry

in this case (Freemon vs CNN); it looks obvious that CNN should have damned well known better; and if Freeman pursues this; they should get hit hard

it also looks like this lady is probably lying, or maybe she is just too sensitive and easily offended and looking for a problem - I don't know

lastly; while I want to see us find ways to discourage false reports; how do we do this without intimidating actual victims to the point where they are afraid to come forward?

the only way to put a stop to this type of nonsense is to implement and enforce heavy penalties for these types of allegations when they are obviously fabricated

you may be familiar with the lady that accused a police officer of rape in Dallas last week - she should be in jail; she tried to ruin someone's life just to get out of a ticket

in this case (Freemon vs CNN); it looks obvious that CNN should have damned well known better; and if Freeman pursues this; they should get hit hard

it also looks like this lady is probably lying, or maybe she is just too sensitive and easily offended and looking for a problem - I don't know

lastly; while I want to see us find ways to discourage false reports; how do we do this without intimidating actual victims to the point where they are afraid to come forward?

Yes, I agree, there is getting to be some for-profit motive working and outright lies.

And the one I heard describing Freeman's compliments, maybe is confusing Second Wave feminism with crime. It's no longer fashionable to do that kind of talk, but it sure isn't crime. Crime is grabbing, crime is the sort of really criminal pounding and blackmailing thing the governor of Missouri just resigned for doing (and I DO believe all that!).

Herman Cain grabbed white women between the legs at a restaurant table, several of them came forward with the same disgusting story. He had told them to come with him there for a job interview. He was just a predator. It is impossible to make a scene at a place like that and very confusing; what is going ON, anyway (don't ask how I know this but it was in Paris a very long time ago)? So I can see they'd have a hard time reporting it to the police! Fair enough to ruin his presidential campaign, though.

Basically I want women to report, report, report -- to police, to HR, to the newspapers, to the college newspapers, to the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, whatever it takes to stop people from ignoring that their USC gynecologist was having such a good time fingering girls for 30 years, or that awful gymnastics coach abusing girls for so long at Michigan. I want all those non-disclosure agreements made illegal so the women can and do TELL everyone about these abusers. It's too long not reporting abuse for 30 years and then at long last stopping it, after hundred and hundreds of girls are maltreated.

Yes, I agree, there is getting to be some for-profit motive working and outright lies.

And the one I heard describing Freeman's compliments, maybe is confusing Second Wave feminism with crime. It's no longer fashionable to do that kind of talk, but it sure isn't crime. Crime is grabbing, crime is the sort of really criminal pounding and blackmailing thing the governor of Missouri just resigned for doing (and I DO believe all that!).

Herman Cain grabbed white women between the legs at a restaurant table, several of them came forward with the same disgusting story. He had told them to come with him there for a job interview. He was just a predator. It is impossible to make a scene at a place like that and very confusing; what is going ON, anyway (don't ask how I know this but it was in Paris a very long time ago)? So I can see they'd have a hard time reporting it to the police! Fair enough to ruin his presidential campaign, though.

Basically I want women to report, report, report -- to police, to HR, to the newspapers, to the college newspapers, to the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, whatever it takes to stop people from ignoring that their USC gynecologist was having such a good time fingering girls for 30 years, or that awful gymnastics coach abusing girls for so long at Michigan. I want all those non-disclosure agreements made illegal so the women can and do TELL everyone about these abusers. It's too long not reporting abuse for 30 years and then at long last stopping it, after hundred and hundreds of girls are maltreated.

That's B.S. about Cain....

There's Something Very Weird About The Herman Cain Sexual Harassment Scandal

"Both Politico and the NYT have relied solely on anonymous sources who claim to have knowledge about the two unnamed women, and details about the sexual harassment accusations are extremely limited. While the confidentiality contracts provide some explanation for this, it is worth noting that not one source was willing to put a name behind the allegations."

Two women gave names, two women didn't. Nothing weird about that, IMO. Cain is a douchebag who had a 15 year white mistress he ditched when he started his run (she DID appear on TV). Cain's wife would not appear with him --- she knew him too well.

Besides, I don't know why you are mad ---- it was obvious at the time that it was the GOP that dumped his candidacy -- and even before Christmas. Cain was just too dirty: he was stinking up the Republican side of the election.

Be sure the Dems would NEVER have come out with all this ---- until it could do the most damage, of course, in the spring. The GOP was right to sabotage Cain.

Two women gave names, two women didn't. Nothing weird about that, IMO. Cain is a douchebag who had a 15 year white mistress he ditched when he started his run (she DID appear on TV). Cain's wife would not appear with him --- she knew him too well.

Besides, I don't know why you are mad ---- it was obvious at the time that it was the GOP that dumped his candidacy -- and even before Christmas. Cain was just too dirty: he was stinking up the Republican side of the election.

Be sure the Dems would NEVER have come out with all this ---- until it could do the most damage, of course, in the spring. The GOP was right to sabotage Cain.

Not 'mad' at all just pointing out that there is no evidence other than what someone said. Cain was taken out with fake accusations probably by the DNC smear machine. Democrats lie a lot, just like when Harry Reid lied about Romney and outright admitted he lied.

Why wouldn’t any woman want to have sex with god?

Their kid could start his own religion.

Black-Madonna-Anna-Hamling-Miguel-Palafox-1.jpg

That's B.S. about Cain....

There's Something Very Weird About The Herman Cain Sexual Harassment Scandal

"Both Politico and the NYT have relied solely on anonymous sources who claim to have knowledge about the two unnamed women, and details about the sexual harassment accusations are extremely limited. While the confidentiality contracts provide some explanation for this, it is worth noting that not one source was willing to put a name behind the allegations."

Cain dropped out of the race the minute these allegations surfaced. And his wife refused to appear with him publicly when they did.

Um, yeah... he totally did it.

Punch them back twice as hard.

The Morgan Freeman episode of #MeToo is heating up, big time. According to CNN and others, eight women have accused Freeman of sexual misconduct; now, Freeman is threatening to sue CNN for defamation — and his case looks pretty strong.

https://lawandcrime.com/celebrity/m...candal-mongering-actually-look-pretty-strong/
Who does he think he is, God?
Friend met him at the White House. My friend has a tattoo on his arm of Paul and the road to Damascus. Morgan commented on it. My friend asked if he knew the story. Morgan says you know I did play God.

Forum List

Back