More than a billion T-Rex ruled Earth

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
The figure was simply mind-blowing. According to researchers, there were no less than 1.7 billion T-Rex on Earth 65 to 68 million years ago (before the arrival of the famous asteroid Chicxulub).

tumblr_os7uhhFQLv1tc05ego4_500.gifv

Estimating the number of individuals of an extinct species is not easy. To achieve this, the scientists had to take into account a large number of parameters, such as the average number of eggs laid, estimated life expectancy and the survival rate of T-Rex.
trex9.gif

That 1.7 billion number is the total number of T-rex to ever have existed. The paper says that T-rex population at any given time was about 20,000.
That 1.7 billion number is the total number of T-rex to ever have existed. The paper says that T-rex population at any given time was about 20,000.
The title of my thread should have said :

In All of Time, 2.5 Billion Tyrannosaurus Rexes Have Roamed Earth​

The figure was simply mind-blowing. According to researchers, there were no less than 1.7 billion T-Rex on Earth 65 to 68 million years ago

I seriously doubt that estimate. If that were true, every square mile of land on the continents would have had about 30 T-Rexes on it, and I hardly think a square mile could support the feeding of 30 T-Rexes.

I seriously doubt that estimate. If that were true, every square mile of land on the continents would have had about 30 T-Rexes on it, and I hardly think a square mile could support the feeding of 30 T-Rexes.
Yes, it would have taken a lot of prey and these averages imply that a total of 2.5 billion T. rex would have lived across their native North America, from Alaska to Mexico, over a period of about two to three million years..

Only if you expected all the Tyrannosaurs lived at the same time. They estimate there were roughly 127,000 generations of the T-Rex.

The figure was simply mind-blowing. According to researchers, there were no less than 1.7 billion T-Rex on Earth 65 to 68 million years ago (before the arrival of the famous asteroid Chicxulub).

tumblr_os7uhhFQLv1tc05ego4_500.gifv

Estimating the number of individuals of an extinct species is not easy. To achieve this, the scientists had to take into account a large number of parameters, such as the average number of eggs laid, estimated life expectancy and the survival rate of T-Rex.View attachment 801907

And they were thriving in co2 levels of 2,400+ ppm, yet we're allegedly dying out if it gets more than 420ppm.

What's their secret, humanity needs to learn it quickly.

Now they are petroleum products.....Natural gas = T-Rex fart. ;)
Actually, Petroleum products do not come from T-Rex anything. They come from plants, exclusively:

• The popular idea that oil, gas, and coal are made of dead dinosaurs is mistaken. Fossil fuels consist mainly of dead plants – coal from trees, and natural gas and oil from algae, a kind of water plant.
    earthsky.org › human-world › is-my-cars-fuel-made-of-dead-dinosaurs

Forum List

Back