More Proof That LIbEralism is a Mental Disease: Electors planning to undermine Electoral College

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Bob Blaylock, Nov 23, 2016.

1. TheOldSchool

TheOldSchool Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    last stop for sanity before reaching the south
    Ratings:
    +36,784
    Or you can admit that you rubes don't care to create a platform that appeals to most Americans. Hopefully the next census straightens the EC out a bit.

2. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,144
    Just FYI, I didn't vote for either Trump, who I consider a reincarnation of P.T. Barnum, or Clinton. I'm a centrist and this country needs a centrist candidate, one who takes on policies of both parties without straying too far one way or another.

3. TheOldSchool

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,784
    Well the EC just handed you a man who promised to govern like a fringe lunatic, and unless all that was just more of his pathological lying then we're in for some serious shit.

4. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,615
    Assuming that you supported Hillary, are you sure you want to bring pathological lying into the equation?

Seriously?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,144
    Well, someone had to be in there. As bad as he is, at least it isn't that bitch Clinton. All we can do now is just see how it plays out once he's in the White House. Obama and Clinton were heading us down a path with a military confrontation with Russia, another nuclear armed nation, with ties to China and who do military exercises with them.

6. TheOldSchool

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,784
    Absolutely. Trump's lies convinced just under half the nation that denying freedom and liberty to people is the solution to their problems. Hell, we should all be praying that he is in fact a pathological liar, because of what will happen to the Nation if he actually does plan to keep any of his promises.

7. TheOldSchool

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,784
    Oh you thought Clinton was a meanie? :itsok:

Well congratulations, you got your psychopath in there to entertain himself with the lives of us peasants. If you haven't already, go buy a gun and a few months worth of supplies.

8. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,615
    Ya gotta do a lot fucking better than that given that your candidate herself is widely regarded as a sleaze and pathological liar in her own right. It's a bit like Nazis accusing Jews of genocide or blacks of any other demographic of low intelligence.

9. TheOldSchool

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,784
    Widely regarded as a sleaze and pathological liar, despite little actual solid evidence for either. I wonder what wild speculations you all would have invented about Bernie. Now that you've even demonized fact-checking, the sky's the limit.

10. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist / Universalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,831
    Dear TheOldSchool
    All therapy is based on forgiveness and overcoming fears. I'm not afraid of discussing new ideas and changes. And I'm constantly having to forgive misunderstandings that lead to comments like yours that come across as unfair, judgmental and rude.

If you are afraid that "I need therapy" that's your own fear. Please don't project your fears on me and say it's my fault if you're the one uncomfortable with me.

I have no problem with exploring solutions to partisan domination in elections based on winner taking all the votes.

You also posted you could see this system changing.

Are you not comfortable with the concept of proportional representation by party? Of forming consensus on laws between various parties of different beliefs?

Ironically, TheOldSchool, the process of conflict resolution is VERY therapeutic. It Does involve forgiveness of differences and overcoming fears.

I agree with you that we should see improvements to the Electoral College system.

But I don't agree with your rude comment. Exploring new ideas is like opening up a can of worms.

If you are not open but afraid of that process, please don't blame your fears on me. That's your own fear you need to confront the source of. I can support you in that, but can't do your work for you.

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. By being willing to discuss more possibilities than you are comfortable with.

I'm not afraid of the process of change and sorry you feel the need to judge me for your own insecurity about this.

That was rude and uncalled for.

Yours truly,
    Emily Nghiem