more proof oil companies are pure evil

So liberals don't presuppose that whites and white males in particular are racist/sexist? Of course you shouldn't care because if you did care, you'd have to admit your involved in a hate movement known as liberalism. In fact, I think many liberal policies are hate crimes. Demonize hard working people. Demonize Christianity. Demonize capitalism. Demonize the founding fathers as "dead white males. You all have a busy schedule of hate so let me not keep you from it...

you know that useless trolls are banned right?

Obviously not, you're still here.

So liberals don't presuppose that whites and white males in particular are racist/sexist? Of course you shouldn't care because if you did care, you'd have to admit your involved in a hate movement known as liberalism. In fact, I think many liberal policies are hate crimes. Demonize hard working people. Demonize Christianity. Demonize capitalism. Demonize the founding fathers as "dead white males. You all have a busy schedule of hate so let me not keep you from it...

are you going to give any input related to oil companies and their practices or just respond with useless posts?

Hey if you don't like oil companies just don't buy their product. How hard is that?

Hey if you don't like oil companies just don't buy their product. How hard is that?

tell that the to victims of the genocide and systematic rape and pillaging by the oil companies

are you going to give any input related to oil companies and their practices or just respond with useless posts?

What input have you offered other than posting a link to a news article and spouting your bullshit opinion?

Why don't respond to my question in the "Murtha"thread?

My guess is because you are exactly what you accuse others of being.. a useless troll.

tell that the to victims of the genocide and systematic rape and pillaging by the oil companies

Genocide, rape and pillaging by oil companies? I'd like to see the evidence of that.

Just do some googling then. Chevron was also involved on the baddie side in the Burma mess.

They also deal with Hugo, etc...

Genocide, rape and pillaging by oil companies? I'd like to see the evidence of that.

Just do some googling then. Chevron was also involved on the baddie side in the Burma mess.

It's Blu's claim, so it's his burden to prove.

why don't you just google the words "royal dutch shell 15.5 settlement nigeria" and give yourself a bit of an education on the well-known topic, and then get back to us.

wouldn't want any of the links we could provide for you to be "biased" by your standards, so you take your pick on the source.

It's Blu's claim, so it's his burden to prove.

why don't you just google the words "royal dutch shell 15.5 settlement nigeria" and give yourself a bit of an education on the well-known topic, and then get back to us.

wouldn't want any of the links we could provide for you to be "biased" by your standards, so you take your pick on the source.

As I've stated, the burden on proof lies with the one that made the claim. If you think I'm going to go searching the web to support someone else's argument then you're fucked in the head. One more thing, you're attempting to show one case to prove that oil companies are evil (commiting rape, genocide, murder, pillaging etc.....). Note "companies" is plural, shall I define "plural" for you?

As I've stated, the burden on proof lies with the one that made the claim. If you think I'm going to go searching the web to support someone else's argument then you're fucked in the head. One more thing, you're attempting to show one case to prove that oil companies are evil (commiting rape, genocide, murder, pillaging etc.....). Note "companies" is plural, shall I define "plural" for you?

What a wondrous little world you've created for yourself, whereby you can refuse to use Google and learn about a topic everyone but Fox News disciples is clued in on.

Then, if it's provided for you, invariably you can punt to "the L.A. Times? that liberal rag?"

Shell is part of Big Oil. I didn't say anything about rape or genocide. But they have a long track record of pollution, human rights violations, and slimey propaganda initiatives to get what they want.

Here's your link. Not that you'll actually read it.

Business & Human Rights : Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria)

The plaintiffs allege that the Nigerian military government and security forces committed human rights violations, including torture and summary execution of MOSOP members, to suppress MOSOP’s activities and that Royal Dutch/Shell was complicit in the commission of these abuses. The plaintiffs won several pre-trial rulings, including on motions by the defendants to dismiss the case.

In early June 2009, the parties announced that they had agreed to a settlement in the case for $15.5 million.​

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/science/earth/20exxon.html

A federal jury on Monday found Exxon Mobil liable for contaminating groundwater in New York City and awarded the city $104.7 million in compensatory damages.

The city had sought $250 million in damages to finance construction of a treatment plant to make the water in five wells in southeastern Queens drinkable. But lawyers for the city called the jury’s decision a “total victory” for their side.​

What a wondrous little world you've created for yourself, whereby you can refuse to use Google and learn about a topic everyone but Fox News disciples is clued in on.

Then, if it's provided for you, invariably you can punt to "the L.A. Times? that liberal rag?"

Shell is part of Big Oil. I didn't say anything about rape or genocide. But they have a long track record of pollution, human rights violations, and slimey propaganda initiatives to get what they want.

The plaintiffs allege that the Nigerian military government and security forces committed human rights violations, including torture and summary execution of MOSOP members, to suppress MOSOP’s activities and that Royal Dutch/Shell was complicit in the commission of these abuses. The plaintiffs won several pre-trial rulings, including on motions by the defendants to dismiss the case.

In early June 2009, the parties announced that they had agreed to a settlement in the case for $15.5 million.​

A federal jury on Monday found Exxon Mobil liable for contaminating groundwater in New York City and awarded the city $104.7 million in compensatory damages.

The city had sought $250 million in damages to finance construction of a treatment plant to make the water in five wells in southeastern Queens drinkable. But lawyers for the city called the jury’s decision a “total victory” for their side.​

The claim that was made and the one I responded to was how oil companies were commiting genocide, rape, pillaging etc.... And yes I did read the links you provided but it doen't support the claim that was made. But thanks for the information nevertheless.

The claim that was made and the one I responded to was how oil companies were commiting genocide, rape, pillaging etc.... And yes I did read the links you provided but it doen't support the claim that was made. But thanks for the information nevertheless.
Keep defending them. Here you go:

Secret papers 'show how Shell targeted Nigeria oil protests' - Americas, World - The Independent
In one document written in May 1993, the oil company wrote to the local governor asking for the "usual assistance" as the Ogoni expanded their campaign. There was a stand-off between the Ogoni and the US contractor Willbros, which was laying a pipeline. Nigerian military were called in, resulting in at least one death.

Days later, Shell met the director general of the state security services to "reiterate our request for support from the army and police". In a confidential note Shell suggested: "We will have to encourage follow-through into real action preferably on an industry rather than just Shell basis". The Nigerian regime responded by sending in the Internal Security Task Force, a military unit led by Colonel Paul Okuntimo, a brutal soldier, widely condemned by human rights groups, whose men allegedly raped pregnant women and girls and who tortured at will. Okuntimo boasted of knowing more than 200 ways to kill a person.

American Chronicle | Our Dependence on Oil Affects Far More than Gas Prices
According to a recent Amnesty International report, Chevron has failed to pursue an independent inquiry into Nigerian soldiers' use of force against more than 200 protesters at its Escravos oil terminal in Ugborodo, which resulted in 30 serious injuries and one death earlier this year. Similarly, an alleged security arrangement between a Shell Nigeria subcontractor and a criminal group in Odioma led to the murders of 17 people, the rape of two women, and the razing of 80 percent of the homes in the area. Neither the company nor the Nigerian government has investigated the incident.

afrol News - Nigeria women raped by police and army
At the press conference, there was further presented evidence of the use of rape and sexual slavery by the Nigerian security forces "to intimidate communities in the Niger Delta." The oil-rich but impoverished Delta has fallen into violence as local rebels fight for a greater part of oil revenues to be channelled to the region.

If that is true, why are you still here?

Forum List

Back