More proof MSM is Conservative

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Whatever you think of Rep. Dennis Kucinich’s articles of impeachment the very fact so little was broadcast on national TV and radio proves again what a wishy washy weak fourth estate our press has become.

"Although this is the most important motion made in Congress in the 21st century, it was also the most significant plea for a restoration of the republic, which had been swept to one side by the mad antics of a president bent on great crime. And as I listened with awe to Kucinich, I realized that no newspaper in the U.S., no broadcast or cable network, would pay much notice to the fact that a highly respected member of Congress was asking for the president and vice president to be tried for crimes which were carefully listed by Kucinich in his articles requesting impeachment."

Gore Vidal’s Article of Impeachment by Gore Vidal

Truthdig - Reports - Gore Vidal’s Article of Impeachment

If they impeach Bush, then they'd be limiting their ability to do the same when it suits their purposes.

Whatever you think of Rep. Dennis Kucinich’s articles of impeachment the very fact so little was broadcast on national TV and radio proves again what a wishy washy weak fourth estate our press has become.

"Although this is the most important motion made in Congress in the 21st century, it was also the most significant plea for a restoration of the republic, which had been swept to one side by the mad antics of a president bent on great crime. And as I listened with awe to Kucinich, I realized that no newspaper in the U.S., no broadcast or cable network, would pay much notice to the fact that a highly respected member of Congress was asking for the president and vice president to be tried for crimes which were carefully listed by Kucinich in his articles requesting impeachment."

Gore Vidal? he's still alive?
:rofl:

Gore, is a political gadfly. He should stick with speeches and fiction and dramatic non-fiction.

I like Vidal, but she is such an old queen. always has been even when she was young

btw, I agree you have a credible grievance although I think the premises you use to conclude the MainStreamMedia is conservative are faulty. The media is not left. Dennis is. In my heart I love Dennis, but he is an impractical and important tool.

The MSM is "wishy washy" and weak and should cover Dennis' stuff as they cover Ron Paul's.

The problem is the msm is conservative in it's approach, not it's ideological bent/bias.

I will say this until eternity: The purposed of the impeachment process is not to punish or get rid of unpopular presidents, but to prevent a president from becoming a tyrant. A president than break the law with impunity can use that power to gain more power. For an impeachment to happen there must be a violation of a legal statute. If bill Clinton cold not be tried for perjury when the evidence of a crime was clear, it is hard to see what standard could be used to impeach any president. That is why I call for a constitutional amendment to clarify what is impeachable.

Gore Vidal? he's still alive?
:rofl:

Gore, is a political gadfly. He should stick with speeches and fiction and dramatic non-fiction.

I like Vidal, but she is such an old queen. always has been even when she was young

Way to add absolutely NOTHING to the thread topic.

The problem is the msm is conservative in it's approach, not it's ideological bent/bias.

Not sure if there is a difference. It is more a business today and the corporate world has controls that do not foster critical analysis. Messengers of bad news have been shot for a long time now.

Not sure if there is a difference. It is more a business today and the corporate world has controls that do not foster critical analysis. Messengers of bad news have been shot for a long time now.

true. but the MSM has never really been conservative in my opinion...the owners have been, but the news delivery? naw, just biased. and sometimes not against something as much as for something.

If they impeach Bush, then they'd be limiting their ability to do the same when it suits their purposes.

what is your point here? but it is true the right owns the media. lou dobbs, fox, glenn beck, even tim russurt was too easy on chaney. rather was left and he got fired. bill clinton deregulated the media. another deregulations scandal. crazy times.

what is your point here? but it is true the right owns the media. lou dobbs, fox, glenn beck, even tim russurt was too easy on chaney. rather was left and he got fired. bill clinton deregulated the media. another deregulations scandal. crazy times.

Lmao...other than Fox the news media has a liberal agenda.

The article does not support the allegation in your thread title. That of course WOULD BE proof that YOU have no problem using the media to mislead.

It only supports that cooler heads than yours, at least in this case, still prevail.

I will say this until eternity: The purposed of the impeachment process is not to punish or get rid of unpopular presidents, but to prevent a president from becoming a tyrant. A president than break the law with impunity can use that power to gain more power. For an impeachment to happen there must be a violation of a legal statute. If bill Clinton cold not be tried for perjury when the evidence of a crime was clear, it is hard to see what standard could be used to impeach any president. That is why I call for a constitutional amendment to clarify what is impeachable.

Article 2 - The Executive Branch
Section 4 - Disqualification

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Despite the above, as it stands today the impeachment of a POTUS can be entirely a political act requiring nothing more than enough votes in the House to launch it, and enough votes in the Senate to finalize it.

It does not require proof or evidence of crime beyond a shadow of a doubt, hell it does not even require ANY evidence of a crime to impeach and them remove a POTUS.

All it takes is enough votes in Congress.

They don't have to PROVE a damned thing.

umm, guess this is a question for the boards constitutional scholars...:tongue:

but lets say a president is impeached simply based on politics with no high crimes or even missedawieners couldn't a president sue and be reinstated by the court on the grounds that the impeachment violated the constitution?

Lmao...other than Fox the news media has a liberal agenda.

I have proven to other conservatives exactly how the gop took over the media.

just show me the articles written about all of mccains flip flops. and obama and a few others spoke out on iraq in 03. why didn't the liberal media.speak up? I almost starte explaining but rememered u don't listen.

all my gop friends hate that I can prove all their bs to be just that

just show me the articles written about all of mccains flip flops. and obama and a few others spoke out on iraq in 03. why didn't the liberal media.speak up? I almost starte explaining but rememered u don't listen.

Really, if that's the case then where the hell has Iraq went? If the media is conservative then why wouldn't they want to taunt the lowest violence numbers in Iraq since the beginning of the war? Where is the coverage on the political success in Iraq? Almost every single political benchmark set has been met. You are truly brainwashed if you think the media has a conservative agenda...:cuckoo:

umm, guess this is a question for the boards constitutional scholars...:tongue:

but lets say a president is impeached simply based on politics with no high crimes or even missedawieners couldn't a president sue and be reinstated by the court on the grounds that the impeachment violated the constitution?

Sure, but the district court would likely say that they didn't have jurisdiction to hear the case because of the separation of powers. The Constitution pretty clearly gives Congress, and only Congress, the power to impeach and remove the President. So, no review by a court. They'd say the power to interpret what "high crimes and misdemeanors" are lies with Congress, and Congress alone.

Conservatives have taken over the media? LOL. That's pretty generalized dude. (I.E. CNN),

Congress, the power to impeach and remove the President. So, no review by a court. They'd say the power to interpret what "high crimes and misdemeanors" are lies with Congress, and Congress alone.[/QUOTE

before 2000 we would have said the supreme court wouldn't have the power to decide a states election but that's exactly what happened.
ps. read The Prosecution of george bush for murder. it is amazing and compelling.

Forum List

Back