More proof MSM is Conservative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midcan5, Jun 23, 2008.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,299
    Whatever you think of Rep. Dennis Kucinich’s articles of impeachment the very fact so little was broadcast on national TV and radio proves again what a wishy washy weak fourth estate our press has become.

"Although this is the most important motion made in Congress in the 21st century, it was also the most significant plea for a restoration of the republic, which had been swept to one side by the mad antics of a president bent on great crime. And as I listened with awe to Kucinich, I realized that no newspaper in the U.S., no broadcast or cable network, would pay much notice to the fact that a highly respected member of Congress was asking for the president and vice president to be tried for crimes which were carefully listed by Kucinich in his articles requesting impeachment."

Gore Vidal’s Article of Impeachment by Gore Vidal

Truthdig - Reports - Gore Vidal’s Article of Impeachment

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    If they impeach Bush, then they'd be limiting their ability to do the same when it suits their purposes.

3. AtlasShrieked

AtlasShrieked Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Gore Vidal? he's still alive?
    :rofl:

Gore, is a political gadfly. He should stick with speeches and fiction and dramatic non-fiction.

I like Vidal, but she is such an old queen. always has been even when she was young

4. AtlasShrieked

AtlasShrieked Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    btw, I agree you have a credible grievance although I think the premises you use to conclude the MainStreamMedia is conservative are faulty. The media is not left. Dennis is. In my heart I love Dennis, but he is an impractical and important tool.

The MSM is "wishy washy" and weak and should cover Dennis' stuff as they cover Ron Paul's.

The problem is the msm is conservative in it's approach, not it's ideological bent/bias.

5. wayne

wayne Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I will say this until eternity: The purposed of the impeachment process is not to punish or get rid of unpopular presidents, but to prevent a president from becoming a tyrant. A president than break the law with impunity can use that power to gain more power. For an impeachment to happen there must be a violation of a legal statute. If bill Clinton cold not be tried for perjury when the evidence of a crime was clear, it is hard to see what standard could be used to impeach any president. That is why I call for a constitutional amendment to clarify what is impeachable.

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,393
    Way to add absolutely NOTHING to the thread topic.

7. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,299
    Not sure if there is a difference. It is more a business today and the corporate world has controls that do not foster critical analysis. Messengers of bad news have been shot for a long time now.

8. doeton

doeton Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    reminds me

"The latest in a series of recent high-profile media "mea culpas," CBS News chief foreign correspondent Lara Logan told Jon Stewart she'd "blow her brains out" if forced to watch what passes for TV news coverage in America."

Digg - CBS News Correspondent: "I'd blow my brains out"

9. AtlasShrieked

AtlasShrieked Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    nothing? buzz off you old troll.

10. AtlasShrieked

AtlasShrieked Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    true. but the MSM has never really been conservative in my opinion...the owners have been, but the news delivery? naw, just biased. and sometimes not against something as much as for something.