More PC B.S. - ANY Image Of Someone Hanging By A Noose Is Now Racist

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I bet if an African-American college had a flier with a person hanging from a tree - no one would say a word.

-----

Members of a Colorado State University student group said Tuesday they never intended to offend anyone when they used an image of a person hanging from a tree to advertise a political forum.

The image - which prompted complaints from people who said it resembled a racially motivated lynching - was meant to be "in the spirit of Halloween," Collegiate Farm Bureau Secretary Jenny Freeborn said.

"At this time of year, you see skeletons all over in peoples' yards," the CSU senior said. "It just didn't dawn on any of us. We just didn't see the harm in it."

The figure appeared on the front of a flier promoting a forum on Referendums C and D. Above the image were the words: "Does CSU's Future Hang on Refs C and D?"

Freeborn said the Collegiate Farm Bureau wanted to educate students about the importance of the Nov. 1 ballot measure. It used its own funds to plan and promote the forum, which drew a crowd of about 50 to the CSU campus Thursday night.

Prior to the event, the group posted fliers around campus. Some may also have been e-mailed, Freeborn said.

Members of the Collegiate Farm Bureau, including an African- American and faculty adviser Dana Hoag, all saw the brochure before it was sent out, Freeborn said.

When another Collegiate Farm Bureau member received an angry phone call about the image soon after the forum, she said, the group was "completely caught off guard."

By Monday, CSU officials had received at least a dozen complaints, university spokesman Brad Bohlander said.

CSU President Larry Penley issued a campus-wide e-mail denouncing the image and stating action may be taken against the group's faculty adviser.

While faculty have the right to express themselves, Penley wrote, they also have "special obligations with the understanding that the public may judge the profession or the institution by his or her actions."

Late Tuesday, Bohlander said university officials were confident the students meant no malice and that they likely learned "a valuable lesson" from the incident.

He also said no decision had been made as to whether Hoag should be punished.

Hoag, a professor in the college of agricultural sciences, declined to comment Tuesday, saying his job may be "on the line."

"I just can't talk to you," he said. "I'm sorry."

Freeborn said she talked to Hoag and that he feels "horrible" about the flier and that students have taken heat for it.

She described him as a caring professor, adding she decided not to transfer from CSU after taking one of his agricultural policy classes.

"There's a lot of concern among students about him," Freeborn said. "He's a good teacher and a good man."

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4187015,00.html

Guess I should re-think the ghost I make for Halloween night every year.

I stretch a cable about 8 feet high, from my house to a tree, it crosses the walkway to my front door. Hanging on the cable I hang a ghost made from a “WHITE” sheet.
When the kids get close I let er go and it runs down the cable to the tree, right in front of them .It’s great! Combined with a strobe, fog machine and a red light on the porch, I get lots of squeals! I made headstones too, from Styrofoam.

Mr. P said:
Guess I should re-think the ghost I make for Halloween night every year.

I stretch a cable about 8 feet high, from my house to a tree, it crosses the walkway to my front door. Hanging on the cable I hang a ghost made from a “WHITE” sheet.
When the kids get close I let er go and it runs down the cable to the tree, right in front of them .It’s great! Combined with a strobe, fog machine and a red light on the porch, I get lots of squeals! I made headstones too, from Styrofoam.

Hanging and a WHITE sheet? A double-whammy.

You racist you.

I know it's a sad state of affairs, but everybody really does have to protect their liabilities in these days of political correctness. Always be aware of exploitable weaknesses. This was a gross oversight on the part of those in charge of making these flyers.

Hagbard Celine said:
I know it's a sad state of affairs, but everybody really does have to protect their liabilities in these days of political correctness. Always be aware of exploitable weaknesses. This was a gross oversight on the part of those in charge of making these flyers.

Bullshit.

This is no worse than an elementary school class teacher getting in trouble for playing Hangman with his/her class to help kids with spelling.

This is no worse than someone telling me I can't use the phrase "hang out" with someone because hanging brings up bad memories.

When my rights are trampled on because a certain race feels that my using a word like "ya'll" (southern word) or "hang" or whatever ...they feel...is offensive, then that is simply Bullshit.

GotZoom said:
Bullshit.

This is no worse than an elementary school class teacher getting in trouble for playing Hangman with his/her class to help kids with spelling.

This is no worse than someone telling me I can't use the phrase "hang out" with someone because hanging brings up bad memories.

When my rights are trampled on because a certain race feels that my using a word like "ya'll" (southern word) or "hang" or whatever ...they feel...is offensive, then that is simply Bullshit.

I don't think he was arguing that it wasn't bullshit. I think he was trying to say that this is the state we live in these days, and you have to be really careful about these kinds of things.

i think people need to be a little more careful about pulling out the race card for petty bullshit!

Johnney said:
i think people need to be a little more careful about pulling out the race card for petty bullshit!
Absolutely true. I never said these people had no right to make flyers with a hangman on them. They do have that right. What I meant to convey is that they should have thought about the consequences of doing so because in today's world people are easily offended and are quick to sue. These people are quoted in the article as saying they didn't even think about how other people might misconstrue their flyers, yet they printed a picture of a corpse hanging from a tree on them. And everybody knows or atleast should know that pictures of corpses and other grisly things are always going to be controversial because they don't pass the cornflakes test.

I agree though that the race card is pulled too quickly in many cases. This is probably one of them.

dmp said:
I wonder if it would have bothered anyone if person being hanged were dressed, hooded, in a white robe?

Probably a couple no-talent 11 year olds in Bakersfield, California...

Hagbard Celine said:
Absolutely true. I never said these people had no right to make flyers with a hangman on them. They do have that right. What I meant to convey is that they should have thought about the consequences of doing so because in today's world people are easily offended and are quick to sue. These people are quoted in the article as saying they didn't even think about how other people might misconstrue their flyers, yet they printed a picture of a corpse hanging from a tree on them. And everybody knows or atleast should know that pictures of corpses and other grisly things are always going to be controversial because they don't pass the cornflakes test.

I agree though that the race card is pulled too quickly in many cases. This is probably one of them.
thats why being pc is going to kill us in the end. people too afraid to hurt someones feelings in todays world. fuck that. maybe if we ahd a little more of it then maybe, jsut maybe, we could produce an American that isnt afraid of having their feelings hurt a little, then start crying about it.

But the only "feelings" that count under PC Law are black, Hispanic, Jewish, gay... anything but white. This coach almost got canned for OBSERVING THAT BLACKS RUN FAST:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5026870

Like they don't? Jiminy. You read enough of this stuff, and it just might drive you to being a radical white (ahem, like me). I'm thinking on the one hand, great. Fire every white man in America for thinking, uttering or writing a politically incorrect thought. That'll be all but six of us. Anyway, that'll leave you with a very large army of unemployed, radicalized white men.

That would not be strategic for the multi-culti crowd, I'm guessing.

:soul: :arabia: :soul: :arabia:

William Joyce said:
But the only "feelings" that count under PC Law are black, Hispanic, Jewish, gay... anything but white. This coach almost got canned for OBSERVING THAT BLACKS RUN FAST:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5026870

Like they don't? Jiminy. You read enough of this stuff, and it just might drive you to being a radical white (ahem, like me). I'm thinking on the one hand, great. Fire every white man in America for thinking, uttering or writing a politically incorrect thought. That'll be all but six of us. Anyway, that'll leave you with a very large army of unemployed, radicalized white men.

That would not be strategic for the multi-culti crowd, I'm guessing.

:soul: :arabia: :soul: :arabia:

Hey WJ, go check the edu. thread, I sound nearly like you!

I think we should rename the Tropic of Cancer as it offends cancer victims such as myself.

Then we need to rename India, as it offends people of American Indian blood, like myself.

Next, we gotta rename "blackouts." I mean, why does a horrible engineering mishap have to use the word "black."

etc. etc. etc.

Hobbit said:
I think we should rename the Tropic of Cancer as it offends cancer victims such as myself.

Then we need to rename India, as it offends people of American Indian blood, like myself.

Next, we gotta rename "blackouts." I mean, why does a horrible engineering mishap have to use the word "black."

etc. etc. etc.
exactly, where does the idiocy end?

Members of a Colorado State University student group said Tuesday they never intended to offend anyone when they used an image of a person hanging from a tree to advertise a political forum.

The image - which prompted complaints from people who said it resembled a racially motivated lynching

As a western movie junkie I have to ask why is hanging someone racial. Within the last 40 years hanging was still on the books in Kansas as a way to carry out the death penalty. Yep, the hangmans noose is in almost every western (especially Clint Eastwood).

Geez I've heard for years that I have a horse theif in my family history who was hung for the offense and he certainly wasn't black.

Why do black people take everything and make it racial??? Maybe white people need to start throwing a fit everytime something is said about us, I'm sure everyone remembers the movie "white men can't jump". Hey, I can jump, I'm offended.

Hobbit said:

AH, I don't think this would work since they were Indians long before America was discovered. Isn't that why Columbus called the people here Indians to begin with, he was lost.

Forum List

Back