More Nuke Power Follies

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
tritium

Investigation into Tritium Contamination at Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station

..... To date, nine out of a total of 31 groundwater monitoring wells are testing positive for tritium. Generally, the trends are downward. For example, the highest wells were near 1,000,000 picocuries per liter (pCi/L) for tritium a year ago. These were wells near the AOG tunnel and AOG building. At the end of 2010, the highest levels were near 500,000 pCi/L from wells about halfway between plant buildings and the river. Now the highest tritium levels are about 125,000 pCi/L from wells near the river.

We'll be well on the way toward eliminating the use of nuclear power when all the Birkenstock-wearing, tree-hugging liberals flip OFF their main breakers and leave what's left of the electric supply for normal people.

• Banned
We'll be well on the way toward eliminating the use of nuclear power when all the Birkenstock-wearing, tree-hugging liberals flip OFF their main breakers and leave what's left of the electric supply for normal people.

Obviously you're incapable of dealing with facts that contradict your beliefs and frighten you....or maybe you didn't read the ENTIRE article.

Grow up and deal, Henry.

Obviously you're incapable of dealing with facts that contradict your beliefs and frighten you....or maybe you didn't read the ENTIRE article.

Grow up and deal, Henry.

On most houses the main breaker is outdoors, right next to the electric meter. I hope this helps you find it in case you have an attack of conscience.

• Banned

Grow up and deal, Henry.

On most houses the main breaker is outdoors, right next to the electric meter. I hope this helps you find it in case you have an attack of conscience.

See folks, Henry is just another willfully ignorant joker who doesn't think beyond rhetoric fed to him by his idols. Henry has neither the courage or the intellect to honestlly discuss information that he disagrees with, so he gives us the blather you see here. So unless Henry grows up and is willing to actually discuss the content of the link, I'll just leave him to the obvious grade school retorts, lies, distortions and distractions.

tritium

Investigation into Tritium Contamination at Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station

..... To date, nine out of a total of 31 groundwater monitoring wells are testing positive for tritium. Generally, the trends are downward. For example, the highest wells were near 1,000,000 picocuries per liter (pCi/L) for tritium a year ago. These were wells near the AOG tunnel and AOG building. At the end of 2010, the highest levels were near 500,000 pCi/L from wells about halfway between plant buildings and the river. Now the highest tritium levels are about 125,000 pCi/L from wells near the river.

Not enough information but it looks like someone on the original contractor crew got lazy which eventually lead to the leaks.

See folks, Henry is just another willfully ignorant joker who doesn't think beyond rhetoric fed to him by his idols. Henry has neither the courage or the intellect to honestlly discuss information that he disagrees with, so he gives us the blather you see here. So unless Henry grows up and is willing to actually discuss the content of the link, I'll just leave him to the obvious grade school retorts, lies, distortions and distractions.

That's totally wrong. Henry is proposing the only practical solution to your distaste for electric power. Someone who attacks every practical means of generating electricity is lacking courage and intellect if he doesn't understand what the end game is for a war on energy production. If you really hate the benefits of energy so much, then why don't you act on your convictions?

That's totally wrong. Henry is proposing the only practical solution to your distaste for electric power. Someone who attacks every practical means of generating electricity is lacking courage and intellect if he doesn't understand what the end game is for a war on energy production. If you really hate the benefits of energy so much, then why don't you act on your convictions?

The same granola munching crowd iss doing the same thing in NY over Gas drilling,they cry a river plant sign after sign against the resource,right next to the gas meter at their home,I'll respect their position if they shut meter off,you just don't get to blubber then go home and use the resource they are railing against.

Here's what this story is REALLY about. Has nothing to do with nuclear power being fundamentally safe.

Have you ever played Sim City TaiChi? What happens when your power plants start to get over 30 year old? You start losing them. If they turn 40 -- you can lose a giant portion of your city in a big ball of flames..

The story here is that maintenance and updates on NUCLEAR plants face so much severe permitting and review that the folks in charge of keeping them running have to lie and decieve to keep the power on. Because it literally takes an act of State Congress to "allow" problems to be fixed.

If we were allowing the upgrade and REPLACEMENT of our 50 or so nuclear plants that are turning 40 --- NO tritium would be leaky into ANYTHING.. With OBama dickwads making certain to zap our coal plants and allowing all 50 of our nuclear plants to turn geriatric -- you better pray to God that the American people don't get wise to what a complete sham your "alternatives" are... Otherwise, you folks are gonna be fuel for lighting the darkness and keeping the rest of us warm....

tritium

Not enough information but it looks like someone on the original contractor crew got lazy which eventually lead to the leaks.

Possible...but the bottom line is that you have artificially induced levels of a radioactive element making it's way into the water table despite all precautions, which is NOT good for consumption/absorption by any animal over a period of time.

WTF are you babbling about, Bripat? Since I DID NOT express a "distaste for electric power" in any shape or form, the basis for your rant is total fabrication. Like Henry, YOU avoid discussing the actual fact based information presented, and instead go off the deep end with supposition and conjecture laden attack because I dare to present information critical of nuke power.

You're a dishonest, intellectual coward, Bripat. Grow up.

The same granola munching crowd iss doing the same thing in NY over Gas drilling,they cry a river plant sign after sign against the resource,right next to the gas meter at their home,I'll respect their position if they shut meter off,you just don't get to blubber then go home and use the resource they are railing against.

And here's the third mental midget who cannot logically or factually debate the content of the link I provided, so he just spews all types of unsubstantiated accusations, supposition and conjecture instead. Chickenwing is indeed too "chicken" to accept and/or discuss the information presented.

Here's what this story is REALLY about. Has nothing to do with nuclear power being fundamentally safe.

Have you ever played Sim City TaiChi? What happens when your power plants start to get over 30 year old? You start losing them. If they turn 40 -- you can lose a giant portion of your city in a big ball of flames..

The story here is that maintenance and updates on NUCLEAR plants face so much severe permitting and review that the folks in charge of keeping them running have to lie and decieve to keep the power on. Because it literally takes an act of State Congress to "allow" problems to be fixed.

If we were allowing the upgrade and REPLACEMENT of our 50 or so nuclear plants that are turning 40 --- NO tritium would be leaky into ANYTHING.. With OBama dickwads making certain to zap our coal plants and allowing all 50 of our nuclear plants to turn geriatric -- you better pray to God that the American people don't get wise to what a complete sham your "alternatives" are... Otherwise, you folks are gonna be fuel for lighting the darkness and keeping the rest of us warm....

The problem with your one sided diatribe is that you leave out a few FACTS.....like how the NRC has a nasty habit of moving the goalpost to allow nuke plants with certain violations to keep operating.....how various nuke plants who have been given warnings to fix certain problems either do NOT or make poor repairs. Chalk it up to greed, to corruption, etc.

The matter of fact is that the plants currently operating beyond their warranty are doing so because the owners and share holders are NOT going to eat the cost of a complete overhaul or shutdown.....the new designs are all nice and neat on paper, but have NOT been in actual test runs, and once you irradiate a nuke plant for a test run, it's costly to shut it down and clean it up if it doesn't work. And forgive me for NOT trusting the very people responsible for lying and conniving about the problems with the plants operating today to deliver a "new and improved" version with the same old promises.

And then there's the little matter of proper evacuation plans.

The fact of the matter is that the system YOU believe in told you that they took all the precautions to avoid EXACTLY what's happening now. But rather than acknowledge that reality, nuke power wonks like you just want to trivialize it and in an absurd display of convoluted logic, blame nuke power critics for the problem.

Sorry FLACALTEN, but that dog of yours just won't fly.

You're not here apparently for facts and reason -- TaiChi.. You're here to use that supercape and chase "flying dogs"..

You ARE the problem when the lights go out TaiChi.. And we'll remember that..

You're not here apparently for facts and reason -- TaiChi.. You're here to use that supercape and chase "flying dogs"..

You ARE the problem when the lights go out TaiChi.. And we'll remember that..

And as the chronology of the posts shows, flacaltenn does not have the intellectual honesty to discuss the actual content of the information I provided. Instead, flacaltenn merely blows smoke laden accusations, supposition and conjecture WITHOUT offering any facts to support his blatherings....only his opinion.

Unlike flacaltenn, I can back up what I say with documented facts when asked for.

Someone else clue in flacaltenn that until he can discuss the information put forth like a rational adult, there's no sense in wasting time on him.

Last edited:
Do you want to see those 40 year plants properly REPAIRED?

Or Do you want to see them closed with no replacement?

I want to seem them closed and properly decontaminated at the expense of the shareholders and the company that foistered the damned things on people in the first place.

They can be replaced with state-of-the-art electrical turbine, hydro, wind, solar power sources, with temporary properly filtered coal and oil fuel. It can be done, so long as the various industries are not allowed continue their historic resistence to such.

I am sick and tired of the nuke power industry and their toadies constantly trying to sell the American public on "acceptable" levels of various radioactive contaminants. Here's a dose of reality on where that mentality can lead:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=16866

Last edited:
Well there goes your logic and reason then..

39 years of operating over 50 nuclear plants in this country with nary a death to cite and you have an agenda...

Because these aging plants are starting to age -- you've got your silly excuse for your preconceived agenda..

Well there goes your logic and reason then..

39 years of operating over 50 nuclear plants in this country with nary a death to cite and you have an agenda...

Because these aging plants are starting to age -- you've got your silly excuse for your preconceived agenda..

I love it when you willfully ignorant nuke power toadies and wonks make grand statements based on your SHEER IGNORANCE. Here, for your education, or in your case another chance to make excuses:

Nuclear power plant accidents: listed and ranked since 1952
Nuclear power plant accidents: listed, visualised and ranked since 1952 | World news | guardian.co.uk

How many deaths have been caused due to nuclear power plant accidents?

http://nuke-threat-level.com/nuclea...-caused-due-to-nuclear-power-plant-accidents/

Grow up and deal, Henry.

A Gorite who won't turn off the main breaker to do a little something for the environment needs to stripped of his Birkenstocks.

Hypocrisy of the lowest sort.

But, hey, why be a Liberal if you can't be a hypocrite?

Forum List

Back