More Nuke Power Follies

Well there goes your logic and reason then..

39 years of operating over 50 nuclear plants in this country with nary a death to cite and you have an agenda...

Because these aging plants are starting to age -- you've got your silly excuse for your preconceived agenda..

Never forget, Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than all the nuclear power plants in The U.S. combined.

Germany decided to rid itself of nuclear power after the Japanese Fukushima meltdown. Now the German economy is in a tailspin.

Why do supporters of nuke power not seem to want any of the plants in their back yards?

Like proponents of offshore drilling not wanting them in sight of their beach.

Germany decided to rid itself of nuclear power after the Japanese Fukushima meltdown. Now the German economy is in a tailspin.

and the US economy went into a tailspin after Palin went into politics.

What I am saying is your cause and effect rationale is seriously deficient in logic.

Unless you can demonstrate with documented facts in no uncertain terms how your statement is true, you're just blowing smoke to avoid the facts put forth in this thread by me.

39 years of operating over 50 nuclear plants in this country with nary a death to cite and you have an agenda...

Because these aging plants are starting to age -- you've got your silly excuse for your preconceived agenda..

Never forget, Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than all the nuclear power plants in The U.S. combined.

And yet another willfully ignorant nuke power plant toadie demonstrating proud stupidity on a subject.

This is what I told your buddy, Henry......it shut his trap REAL quick

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4074427-post19.html

Why do supporters of nuke power not seem to want any of the plants in their back yards?

The vast majority of nuke plants in the USA were inputed WITHOUT a consensus vote from the area's citizens that they serve....like on Long Island, NY with Shoreham.....and then the citizens get stuck with the bill for shut down and decontamination!

If folk want to live with the risk and drink the contaminated water and such, be my guest.....just don't force me to share your belief system at my own health risk.

And I Love it when you Luddites confuse the safety record of our 50 or so COMMERCIAL US reactors with incidents related to military/govt nuclear accidents or contaminations or include Russian engineering misteps in the mix.. Which is EXACTLY what your biased lists do...

MOST of the nuclear contamination and leakage in this country was perpetrated by GOVT weapons and GOVT research facilities. Savannah River, Oak Ridge, Washington state, ect..

The Russian engineering diff is dramatic. They lost at LEAST 2 maybe 4 nuclear subs during the Cold War due to reactor problems.. How many did WE lose???

Let's stick with your solution to shut down rather than repair or replace the Yankee station..

You think WIND is part of that solution? Have you solved the problem of having 90% of capacity available for 20 minutes and then only 15% of capacity available for the next hour???

If you have -- call me.. I'll get you a Nobel nomination...

Where did you get that idea? Environmental wacko groups are the only ones who oppose their construction.

Where did you get that idea? Environmental wacko groups are the only ones who oppose their construction.

Sure.. I'll 2nd that. There's a company developing a fully contained small scale reactor suitable for say a subdivision of houses. I'll give it an acre and share with the neighbors.

But the MISTAKE that was made in the 60s was that they sited LARGE scale Nuke plants just like any other big power generator. Should have had more foresight about at least remoting them farther from urban centers.

And yet another willfully ignorant nuke power plant toadie demonstrating proud stupidity on a subject.

Dream along Marxist Tool!

Actually I should say "Marxist Tooll Hypocrite" for failure to snap to and turn off that main breaker so there'd be power left for normal people when all the nuclear plants are shut down.

And I Love it when you Luddites confuse the safety record of our 50 or so COMMERCIAL US reactors with incidents related to military/govt nuclear accidents or contaminations or include Russian engineering misteps in the mix.. Which is EXACTLY what your biased lists do...

Translation: this 3 state idiot didn't like the FACT that I documented nuke power plant problems and fatalities when he stated there were none. So like the intellectually dishonest nuke power toadie that he is, he complains that US plants were included in with foreign ones....as if that somehow diminishes/discounts the FACTS regarding American nuke power plant incidents (hint: it doesn't). Oh, and someone clue in this 3 state stupe that the a true luddite would NOT be on the net, much less own a PC. :razz:

MOST of the nuclear contamination and leakage in this country was perpetrated by GOVT weapons and GOVT research facilities. Savannah River, Oak Ridge, Washington state, ect..

Really? Who told you this? Where's your proof? Once again, you're using your personal supposition and conjecture as a substitute for facts. Here, learn something:
U.S. Nuclear Accidents

U.S. Nuclear Accidents

The Russian engineering diff is dramatic. They lost at LEAST 2 maybe 4 nuclear subs during the Cold War due to reactor problems.. How many did WE lose???

We're playing numbers games now? The chronology of the post shows that YOU initially stated there were NO US nuke plant fatalities and very few accidents. I provided proof otherwise...so now it's on to nuke subs, which are NOT privated industry run nuke power plants in or near cities and suburbs. But once again, facts have a way of making a fool of you:

Submarines and Ships

U.S. Nuclear Accidents

Let's stick with your solution to shut down rather than repair or replace the Yankee station..

You think WIND is part of that solution? Have you solved the problem of having 90% of capacity available for 20 minutes and then only 15% of capacity available for the next hour???

Have you the courage to acknowledge the error of your initial statements? Because if not, why should I waste time and effort addressing more of your crafted scenarios based on your bias and ignorance?

If you have -- call me.. I'll get you a Nobel nomination...

If you had comprehended what you read, I stated that wind was PART of the solution....this means that you apply it accordingly as primary when applicable, auxillary when necessary. MUST I do all the cognitive reasoning for you? Now, run-a-long and READ the material provided, and grow a pair to deal with ALL the facts.

Actually I should say "Marxist Tooll Hypocrite" for failure to snap to and turn off that main breaker so there'd be power left for normal people when all the nuclear plants are shut down.

See folks...Henry has neither the brains, courage or honesty to READ the material presented and discuss it like a rational adult. Instead, Henry just blows smokes in a failed attempt to hide his failure.

Say goodnight, gracie. Shows over for you. You may now spew out your last lie/dodge/repeated BS Henry, as the curtain closes on your sorry ass.

Repeating for the reading/spelling/grammar impaired:

Actually I should say "Marxist Tool Hypocrite" for failure to snap to and turn off that main breaker so there'd be power left for normal people when all the nuclear plants are shut down.

You really should not have anything further to say on this topic until you have turned off your main (electric) breaker and ceased the fevered ranting. On the brighter side, that Liberal Fever (not bad spelling) should keep the house warm for your offspring and the ink unfrozen that welfare checks might easily be endorsed.

BTW, Birkenstocks are made in a factory powered by electricity, some of which is made in a dreaded nuclear power plant. A true Marxist stalwart would reject them and gambol about barefoot.

But, then, what to a Marxist is truth?

If you're going to invoke the spirit of Gracie Allen, please use proper American-style capitalization. Most of us are not familiar with lib-speak.

Last edited:
Repeating for the reading/spelling/grammar impaired:

Actually I should say "Marxist Tool Hypocrite" for failure to snap to and turn off that main breaker so there'd be power left for normal people when all the nuclear plants are shut down.

You really should not have anything further to say on this topic until you have turned off your main (electric) breaker and ceased the fevered ranting. On the brighter side, that Liberal Fever (not bad spelling) should keep the house warm for your offspring and the ink unfrozen that welfare checks might easily be endorsed.

BTW, Birkenstocks are made in a factory powered by electricity, some of which is made in a dreaded nuclear power plant. A true Marxist stalwart would reject them and gambol about barefoot.

But, then, what to a Marxist is truth?

If you're going to invoke the spirit of Gracie Allen, please use proper American-style capitalization. Most of us are not familiar with lib-speak.

See folks, Henry did EXACTLY as I predicted. I'm dumping this chump.

See folks...Henry has neither the brains, courage or honesty to READ the material presented and discuss it like a rational adult. Instead, Henry just blows smokes in a failed attempt to hide his failure.

Say goodnight, gracie. Shows over for you. You may now spew out your last lie/dodge/repeated BS, Henry, as the curtain closes on your sorry ass.

Henry, don't sweat taichiliberal. He/she is nothing more than a leftover 80s anti-nuke puke who still wears tie-dyed shirts, smokes reefer, and participates in sit-ins outside the gates of nuke power plants.

I've already put he/she in his/her place in a different thread pertaining to nuke power plants. I worked in nuke power plants for many, many years, and I disposed of "tai chili" in short order. It's so easy to expose these anti-nuke dorks for what they are. Taichili needs to learn to shut the hell up.

Henry, don't sweat taichiliberal. He/she is nothing more than a leftover 80s anti-nuke puke who still wears tie-dyed shirts, smokes reefer, and participates in sit-ins outside the gates of nuke power plants.

I've already put he/she in his/her place in a different thread pertaining to nuke power plants. I worked in nuke power plants for many, many years, and I disposed of "tai chili" in short order. It's so easy to expose these anti-nuke dorks for what they are. Taichili needs to learn to shut the hell up.

The only thing you disposed of was your screen name...because as the chronology of the post shows I not only countered your assertions and claims, I PROVED that YOU COULD NOT CONTRADICT OR DISPROVE THE INFORMATION I PROVIDED, MUCH LESS THE CONCLUSIONS DRAWN FROM ALL THE FACTS REVEALED. Anything else you've deluded yourself to believe is just that....delusion.

Like I told ya before, "Truthseeker", let us all know when you start drinking on a regular basis the water with those elevated tritium levels. If you're such a fucking toadie of the nuke power industry to do that....that's YOU'RE business....just don't expect others to run off that cliff with you. Carry on.

Last edited:
Your litany of US nuclear accidents demonstrates how desparate and perhaps technically incompetent you really are.. Right after I point out that MOST US nuclear accidents are due to GOVT facilities and GOVT research you blow this fart..

Really? Who told you this? Where's your proof? Once again, you're using your personal supposition and conjecture as a substitute for facts. Here, learn something:

U.S. Nuclear Accidents

... and give me a link to US Nuclear Accidents. It took me LITERALLY several days to stop laughing at your ignorance of the topic and the arrogance you display when you whip out crap like this. I'm not gonna explain to you that more than 70% of events listed there ARE GOVT SPONSORED RESEARCH OR WEAPONS related. Perhaps the problem is that you don't recognize terms like "the Manhattan Project" or "Los Alamos" or "Livermore" or "Richland, Wash" or Govt contractor names associated with weapons development.

Then a list of crashed B-52s and a lost US nuclear sub that "imploded".. Surely you know that the USS Thresher was NOT a victim of a nuclear problem don't you?

Can I explain THIS ONE to you???

The Critical Mass Energy Project of Public Citizen, Inc. reported that 84,322 power plant workers were exposed to radiation in 1982, up from 82,183 the previous year.

Do you realize that there is higher radiation danger from working in a COAL PLANT than in a nuclear plant? In fact, anyone doing maintenance on a coal plant is monitored and time limited for exposure. In the process of burning all that "wood" -- the resultant ash (and indeed escaping ash) has VERY HIGH LEVELS of radioactive isotopes. Working near the ash product on the Boiler itself can mean deadly levels of exposure... And no -- you're NOT gonna get a link from me because I'm working too hard on this already given YOUR level of effort.. Look it up and learn.. Coal plants puts 1000 tons of radioactive ash into the enviroment every year.. You wanna match that to our 50 nuclear plants??? Do ya punk???

:lol:

In addition to high radiation exposures at COAL PLANTS, other types of plants ROUTINELY get X-ray inspections on pipes, and pressure vessels so that RADIATION MONITORING is mandatory..

That rotten factoid Has not got a goat's scrotum connection to NUCLEAR PLANT safety.

Or just plain junk like ---
9 December 1986
A feedwater pipe ruptured at the Surry Unit 2 facility in Virginia, causing 8 workers to be scalded by a release of hot water and steam. Four of the workers later died from their injuries. In addition, water from the sprinkler systems caused a malfunction of the security system, preventing personnel from entering the facility. This was the second time that an incident at the Surry 2 unit resulted in fatal injuries due to scalding [see also 27 July 1972].

WTF MORON??? You want to count sprained ANKLES too? Is the problem that nobody will play nuclear debate with you because you propagate such inane lists as these? I actually saw this same list about 5 years ago and debated EACH ONE of the events with the guy who sincerely wanted to believe that THIS was a definitive indictment of the US COMMERCIAL NUCLEAR POWER industry.. But I won't take the time to do this with you..

You want attention to your cause? Edit that f'in list to reflect only PERTINENT stuff. Take out the inane padding and DIVIDE it into COMMERCIAL and GOVERNMENT. Otherwise -- your cause is hopeless..

Funny that you called me a Luddite. Doesn't really bother me. But what would you call a person with a fanatical fear of modern technology that has powered this country nearly flawlessly for over 40 years?

Last edited:
Your litany of US nuclear accidents demonstrates how desparate and perhaps technically incompetent you really are.. Right after I point out that MOST US nuclear accidents are due to GOVT facilities and GOVT research you blow this fart..

U.S. Nuclear Accidents

... and give me a link to US Nuclear Accidents. It took me LITERALLY several days to stop laughing at your ignorance of the topic and the arrogance you display when you whip out crap like this. I'm not gonna explain to you that more than 70% of events listed there ARE GOVT SPONSORED RESEARCH OR WEAPONS related. Perhaps the problem is that you don't recognize terms like "the Manhattan Project" or "Los Alamos" or "Livermore" or "Richland, Wash" or Govt contractor names associated with weapons development.

Then a list of crashed B-52s and a lost US nuclear sub that "imploded".. Surely you know that the USS Thresher was NOT a victim of a nuclear problem don't you?

And all one has to do is look at the list I linked and read what is stated to note that your "most" claim is inaccurate...see chuckles, you just love to leave out what doesn't fit your little diatribe, which makes you an even more pathetic nuke power wonk. Now all YOU have to do is PROVE that all the COMMERICIAL PLANTS on that list were doing gov't contracts, and people might take you for more than a nuke power hack with intellectual myopia.

Can I explain THIS ONE to you???

The Critical Mass Energy Project of Public Citizen, Inc. reported that 84,322 power plant workers were exposed to radiation in 1982, up from 82,183 the previous year.

Do you realize that there is higher radiation danger from working in a COAL PLANT than in a nuclear plant? In fact, anyone doing maintenance on a coal plant is monitored and time limited for exposure. In the process of burning all that "wood" -- the resultant ash (and indeed escaping ash) has VERY HIGH LEVELS of radioactive isotopes. Working near the ash product on the Boiler itself can mean deadly levels of exposure... And no -- you're NOT gonna get a link from me because I'm working too hard on this already given YOUR level of effort.. Look it up and learn.. Coal plants puts 1000 tons of radioactive ash into the enviroment every year.. You wanna match that to our 50 nuclear plants??? Do ya punk???

:lol:

When you get over yourself, chuckles...please explain to everyone how your little diatribe changes the FACT of the excerpt from my link....and how we're suppose to ASSUME from your rant that it's what the information in the link was referring to (hint: it wasn't). See chuckles, toadies like you figure that so long as no one drops dead immediately, radiation exposure is no big deal. Thing is, nuke plant proponents assured folks that NO ONE would
be subjected to such exposures. Then of course, when there's a spike in cancers among the exposed groups/areas, nuke toadies like you scramble like roaches for excuses and ways to diminish the accidents results. Laugh, you clown, laugh.

In addition to high radiation exposures at COAL PLANTS, other types of plants ROUTINELY get X-ray inspections on pipes, and pressure vessels so that RADIATION MONITORING is mandatory..

That rotten factoid Has not got a goat's scrotum connection to NUCLEAR PLANT safety.

Really? Says who, chuckles.. YOU? Because I'll let you in on a secret....THOSE EXPOSURES WEREN'T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN. Your vaunted safety measures were suppose to PREVENT EXPOSURES, NOT LET THEM INCREASE, you chuckling fool!

Or just plain junk like ---
9 December 1986
A feedwater pipe ruptured at the Surry Unit 2 facility in Virginia, causing 8 workers to be scalded by a release of hot water and steam. Four of the workers later died from their injuries. In addition, water from the sprinkler systems caused a malfunction of the security system, preventing personnel from entering the facility. This was the second time that an incident at the Surry 2 unit resulted in fatal injuries due to scalding [see also 27 July 1972].

WTF MORON??? You want to count sprained ANKLES too? Is the problem that nobody will play nuclear debate with you because you propagate such inane lists as these? I actually saw this same list about 5 years ago and debated EACH ONE of the events with the guy who sincerely wanted to believe that THIS was a definitive indictment of the US COMMERCIAL NUCLEAR POWER industry.. But I won't take the time to do this with you..

Put your dress down, Nancy.....toadies like you SWEAR nuke plants are a safety paradise...yet when people point out the accidents, fatalities and contaminations, you just blow a gasket and do the nuke toadie shuffle, like you do here. Seems the NRA is NOT doing it's job of properly sanctioning or enforcing it's laws regarding correction of problems when it comes to nuke plants.

You want attention to your cause? Edit that f'in list to reflect only PERTINENT stuff. Take out the inane padding and DIVIDE it into COMMERCIAL and GOVERNMENT. Otherwise -- your cause is hopeless..

No chuckles, YOU are hopeless...because I noticed YOU didn't address any of the items dealing with contamination and such with commerical plants. Not surprising....given the dishonest nature of nuke power toadies like you.

Funny that you called me a Luddite. Doesn't really bother me. But what would you call a person with a fanatical fear of modern technology that has powered this country nearly flawlessly for over 40 years?

Learn to READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY, CHUCKLES.......I was called the luddite, NOT you! It's called the chronology of the posts, LEARN TO FOLLOW IT INSTEAD OF CHUCKLING LIKE A FUCKING MORON AT YOUR IMAGINED CLEVERNESS. Carry on.

Forum List

Back