More Katrina - Somebody Please Explain This To Me

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Depending on the report, there are anywhere between 650 and 700 "orphaned" kids - no idea where their parents are or if they are even alive.

I don't understand that. How are there so many? I have been through a hurricane; actually been through every disaster except a tornado.

I don't get how so many kids could be separated from their parents.

GotZoom said:
Depending on the report, there are anywhere between 650 and 700 "orphaned" kids - no idea where their parents are or if they are even alive.

I don't understand that. How are there so many? I have been through a hurricane; actually been through every disaster except a tornado.

If you were poor, and the next door neighbors had a car but only room for two, would you send your kids with them to get them away from harm?

no1tovote4 said:
If you were poor, and the next door neighbors had a car but only room for two, would you send your kids with them to get them away from harm?

Tough question. Even tougher answer. If I had two kids, was poor, and could only send two people in the car, I'm not sure I wouldn't keep the oldest kid with me and send my wife and youngest away. But then..if the kids are small enough, they could sit on our laps and all four could go.

I know there are bizarre situations (hell, this whole thing is bizarre) that would dictate separation...but..still.

GotZoom said:
Tough question. Even tougher answer. If I had two kids, was poor, and could only send two people in the car, I'm not sure I wouldn't keep the oldest kid with me and send my wife and youngest away. But then..if the kids are small enough, they could sit on our laps and all four could go.

I know there are bizarre situations (hell, this whole thing is bizarre) that would dictate separation...but..still.

I am going to put my name in the hat to help one or two of these kids if their parents are not found. We have the room, we have the will, we have the resources.

George Bush. Simple. He 'allowed' the hurricane to kill their parents. OR...those parents who are missing are people from the Planes the gov't forced to land on 11 Sep; so GWB could send cruise missiles and drone planes into our buildings. They were threatening to 'talk', so GWB sent the space shuttle up to create the hurricane and 'take care' of them.

Simple.

-=d=- said:
George Bush. Simple. He 'allowed' the hurricane to kill their parents. OR...those parents who are missing are people from the Planes the gov't forced to land on 11 Sep; so GWB could send cruise missiles and drone planes into our buildings. They were threatening to 'talk', so GWB sent the space shuttle up to create the hurricane and 'take care' of them.

Simple.

It is now all so amazingly clear to me.

I bow to your intelligence.

GotZoom said:

I don't understand that. How are there so many? ....

Ya know, my guess is there were that many or more, BEFORE the storm...Not orphaned really, but they didn't know where their parents were..
What cha wanna bet?

Clues:
Social economic statis
Social class
Level of education

Mr. P said:
Ya know, my guess is there were that many or more, BEFORE the storm...Not orphaned really, but they didn't know where their parents were..
What cha wanna bet?

Clues:
Social economic statis
Social class
Level of education

Forget about "where", lots of them don't know WHO their parents are. Or at least who their fathers are.

nucular said:
Forget about "where", lots of them don't know WHO their parents are. Or at least who their fathers are.

come on now!!!!!!
that is just
........................... true

Forum List

Back