More Help, Funding Needed For Vets With Gulf War Illness

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Nov 12, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    let's provide the needed money and stop the Clintonesque/government bullshitting.

2. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I've done lots of research on Gulf War Syndrome. My husband has all the symptoms but has of yet to go to the VA to get checked. Now that we have children, he really needs to be tested!! I even read in one article that it can be passed to spouses, scary!

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I receive periodic mailings from the VA about it, but I haven't had any symptoms myself, so I haven't been paying attention.

I have done some reading up on the subject though, and I am not convinced there is a "syndrome". If you took a city with 500,000 people in it, you would find the same kind of maladies. The problem is that the symptoms are not the same and they are too broad.

Now, having said all that, I don't mind spending a few million on research. If we can spend millions to find out how goldfish f*ck, we can spend a few million to find out if there really is anything to all this.

4. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    LOL!! Too true!
    I don't know if it's all coincidence or not, but I do know that all the "symptoms" I've read about, he has. He never had them before GW1, and he still has them today.