More From the Religion of Peace

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I haven't gotten around to checkin' out the swamp of site about Islam. But here is one:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040715/ts_nm/iraq_corpse_dc

excerpt

2. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Why are you pinning the act of individuals on an entire religion? There are demented Christians that kill in the name of god as well. What is your point in this? Did you read the links I posted for you in the other thread?

Have you heard of the Army of God?

3. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    She is the author of the thread title "More from the Religion of Peace". The article itself makes no indictment of Islam.

4. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, yes. The title of the article she posted is "Headless Corpse in Orange Jumpsuit Found in Iraq", not "More From the Religion of Peace". Her title suggests that Islam is somehow responsible for the headless corpse. Perhaps she can expound more on her choice for the thread title, but it seems quite obvious to me. Do you interpret it differently?

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I don't bullshit around. Islam is not a religion of peace. Don't believe that if you want, but remember, denial is not a river in Egypt!

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    THEY claim it's JIHAD as well. Get a grip.

7. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "They" meaning the terrorists, not the entire religion of Islam, right? Get a grip on what?

8. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And this is the point of view I am taking issue with. Initially, you asserted that she was just posting an article, yet now you agree with me that she was posting a "point of view". I am glad we got that straightened out and agree.

9. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I certainly respect your viewpoint, but I heartily disagree. I think you are generalizing the actions of a few and indicting an entire group of normal people. That is your prerogative of course, but I think it's a mistake. Perhaps you can convince of me this. I will certainly listen and debate you on the matter.

10. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You argue like mat.