MORE evidence of propaganda against Syria - CNN translators could do a better job LOL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pvsi., Feb 9, 2012.

1. pvsi.

pvsi. Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
  2. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,970
    I'm on dial up so I can't view it.

Can you give me more details? If I want a better perspective on anything going on in the ME I go right to Al Jazeera.

3. pvsi.

pvsi. Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Basically the translation of Syrian president to english is so horibly bad on CNN video that I have little doubt it's done PURPOSELY with intent so that people could not understand his side of the story (in other words to cover their ass, but be able to claim that they showed his side as well) - he mentions terrorists bombarding his city. and I have to wonder when I add up the facts, of how the axis of good (US/Israel/NATO) has bombarded other countries in the area, that they are in fact capable of terrorizing other nations

4. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,970
    Why would they even need a translator? I was certain that Assad is fluent in English and French.

What game is this? This is truly strange.

He is a highly educated man. I just checked wiki and my memory is correct.

Assad attended an Arab French school in Damascus and as I remembered attended university in Britain for post graduate education.

I don't get this at all.

5. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,970
    Now to your other point, I've been feeling out of sorts with this whole concept of Arab Spring and the drive to unseat individuals who were known commodities (I hate to use that phrase but it seems apropos) and have the whole area come unglued.

Egypt is not a democracy now. It is ruled by the military.

And Libya has dissolved into militia groups who are torturing civilians. Some traditions never die.

Fry pan into the fire it seems.

None of it makes any sense. And I find it truly bizarre that the western governments felt they had the right or the moral authority to tell President Mubarak or Gaddafi to step down. And I wasn't a fan of either leader.

And now they are demanding Assad to relinquish his position. I find it outrageous frankly.

Not that I am a fan of dictatorships. But I wonder how the Obama administration would feel if hundreds of leaders globally demanded on a daily basis that he step down.

Or how Sarkozy would feel. Or Cameron. I don't think they'd take kindly to the demand.

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,872
    Kill all the generals...
    :cool:
    Syrian army general assassinated in Damascus
    11 Feb.`12 - Gunmen assassinated an army general in Damascus Saturday in the first killing of a high ranking military officer in the Syrian capital since the uprising against President Bashar Assad's regime began in March, the state-run news agency said.

7. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    sooo the uprising in Homs is, a plot by the US et al to destabilize Syria and Assad?

great !!!

oh was it a plot in 1982 too?:eusa_whistle:

8. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,872
    Syria to hold referendum on draft constitution - Documents show Iran aiding Syria against sanctions...
    :eusa_eh:
    Assad calls for Syria vote, but steps up assault
    February 15, 2012 -- As Syrian forces stepped up their assault Wednesday on rebellious cities, President Bashar Assad ordered a referendum on a new constitution that would create a multi-party system in a country that has been ruled by his autocratic family dynasty for 40 years.
    See also:

UN General Assembly schedules on Syria
    February 15, 2012 | The U.N. General Assembly scheduled a Thursday vote on an Arab-sponsored resolution strongly condemning human rights violations by the Syrian regime and backing an Arab League plan aimed at ending the 11-month conflict.