More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

It could be fair to say that most everyone agrees both parties are needed for the economy to work.
The question is what is a decent liveable wage in today's world.
Comparing the US to third world countries and their labor forces just doesn't equate.
Our standard of living is much greater than those countries. Which seem to be right where
multi-national corporations are headed with their manufacturing etc.
Why? Cheap labor and lax environmental laws.
Seems fitting for them. The American worker needs to be treated with more respect and concern.
LIVING WAGES!!

No, they invest the money. Others who work in the factories or in the offices or wherever, help the company to survive and to make a profit.
Try this. Take $100,000 and buy a building and all the equipment need for your "company" then lets just see how much money you make without help.
Try it, just once!

giphy.gif

The Dow being up never seems to translate into jobs. Seems like there's a permanent cork in the tubing of "trickle down economics". Hoarding is a problem with the 1%. The cure, if not an adoption of a fiscal morality, should be one of patriotism. If that fails, a mandate. Either way the American economy cannot stand up much longer without one of the three.

Malignant greed is never suddenly overcome with compassion or patriotism. So when the rich grumble about raising taxes, they can look in the mirror when they want someone to blame. Gotta keep the consuming 99% consuming somehow..

The Chinese symbol for the American economy is a dragon eating its own tail.

The stock market is not the economy. There has never been a better example of that than this market run-up.

This market growth has been based on QE/Infinity, and anyone not paralyzed by politics knows this.

When a hardcore partisan ideologue is discussing the market of the economy, there's no reason to pay attention.

Thankfully then you'll be glad to know I straddle the middle of the aisle. I believe in capitalism AND a living wage. Wrap your head around that! What that means is, I know capitalism is what drives our economy. And I also know what drives our economy is the 99% consuming. You choke them out and you're putting the noose around your own neck if you're at the top.

Of course if you're at the VERY top, you don't give a fuck. That's because you are so wealthy that even a lifetime of economic hits won't crumble your castle walls. It's the top 15% of business owners that I worry about. They will soon find themselves in the bread lines as the middle class dries up and blows away in the wind.

This malignant greed isn't going to end pretty...

If the rich people all left, how pretty would it be? The rich people are the ones who have created all the wealth in our society. Without them, you would be impoverished and starving.

Trickle down economics, is how all economics works. Every bit of wealth the lower and middle class has, only exists because of the wealthy. Equally every job that the lower and middle class has, only exists because of the wealthy. Without trickle down, we would all be poor and impoverished.

Hoarding is not a problem. Wealth itself is dynamic. If you take a Rich guys Luxury sports car, and give it to a lower class person, without the wealth to maintain the car, the car will quickly end up worthless, and the Rich guy will buy another.

Moving wealth around, will never change the economic status of the people involved. Never.

America is one of the most compassionate countries in the world. The wealthiest people in our culture, give more money to the poor and charitable organizations, than anywhere in the world. That is not our problem. Our problem is greed and envy of the poor and middle class, who spend too much of their time being bitter and complaining about the rich, instead of working on improving their own lives.

The DOW and the Stock Market, was never about jobs. It's about the success of companies in our country. Success of companies, isn't about jobs either. If we make it unprofitable to create jobs in the US, companies will make jobs elsewhere, and still be profitable, and thus have a growing stock market. When you demand things like "a living wage", the result is that you make employing Americans less profitable, or unprofitable. Thus jobs are created outside the US. The DOW will go up, without jobs here in the US. Your policies have the bad results you don't like. Stop it.

Consuming is a natural part of any economy, and by definition is the driving force behind a consumer-driven economy. But consuming everything you have is not automatic. People should save and invest. But that's not the fault of CEOs or corporations if they don't. You are not pathetic children, at the mercy of big bad companies. Stop acting like it. Take responsibility for your life.

You don't need to worry about the top 15% of business owners. If the middle class dries up, they will simply work elsewhere.

France tried to soak the rich, and the result was the Rich packed up their money, and their jobs, and moved out of France.

The rich will be rich, and wealthy, either here at our benefit, or elsewhere, at our loss. You can't harm them. You can't punish them. The only thing you can do, is suffer when they leave. Atlas Shrugged. Read it.

Don't think that the middle class is going to harm the rich. You will only harm yourself. Especially since most of the business owners you are talking about, are already internationally connected. The CEO of Ford, can very easily move the companies to any number of other countries, and resettle there. They already have large offices, and regional headquarters elsewhere in the world. It wouldn't take much to move.

Similarly, they can move their jobs as well. If you push a "living wage" that makes it cheaper to build cars outside the US, and import them..... it won't take much to make that happen when they already have factories around the world.
I always hear that capitalists create the jobs, well, everything the capitalist uses, acquires, the labor they use, it all comes from workers. Who are the real job creators?
It requires both capital and labor. Jobs are being created where the conditions are right for job creation. However, the discussion should not be about job creation but rather the kind of jobs being created. There are plenty of jobs in the US and other developed nations, temporary, part time, split shift, minimum wage, dead end jobs that provide bare subsistence.

When you come down off our high horse, let us know.
Then there is a chance to have and adult and educated discussion.

Now you are injecting your own perilous and idiotic drama into my posts.
Not nice! Try playing fair and nice. Once!
739.gif

You seem to have the trouble of being the asshole. LOL
Get it, dumb f*ck.

And a CEO is worth his money?
Doubt it but your kind seem to kiss the ground they walk on.

costanza+sly+wink.gif
You talking to me ass hole?
I'm not the one that thinks bill gate's being rich is stealing money from me.
Who said life was supposed to be "fair?" Hint... it's not.

It could be fair to say that most everyone agrees both parties are needed for the economy to work.
Comparing the US to third world countries and their labor forces just doesn't equate.
Our standard of living is much greater than those countries. Which seem to be right where
Seems fitting for them. The American worker needs to be treated with more respect and concern.
LIVING WAGES!!

No, they invest the money. Others who work in the factories or in the offices or wherever, help the company to survive and to make a profit.
Try this. Take $100,000 and buy a building and all the equipment need for your "company" then lets just see how much money you make without help.
Try it, just once!

giphy.gif

The Dow being up never seems to translate into jobs. Seems like there's a permanent cork in the tubing of "trickle down economics". Hoarding is a problem with the 1%. The cure, if not an adoption of a fiscal morality, should be one of patriotism. If that fails, a mandate. Either way the American economy cannot stand up much longer without one of the three.

Malignant greed is never suddenly overcome with compassion or patriotism. So when the rich grumble about raising taxes, they can look in the mirror when they want someone to blame. Gotta keep the consuming 99% consuming somehow..

The Chinese symbol for the American economy is a dragon eating its own tail.

Thankfully then you'll be glad to know I straddle the middle of the aisle. I believe in capitalism AND a living wage. Wrap your head around that! What that means is, I know capitalism is what drives our economy. And I also know what drives our economy is the 99% consuming. You choke them out and you're putting the noose around your own neck if you're at the top.

Of course if you're at the VERY top, you don't give a fuck. That's because you are so wealthy that even a lifetime of economic hits won't crumble your castle walls. It's the top 15% of business owners that I worry about. They will soon find themselves in the bread lines as the middle class dries up and blows away in the wind.

This malignant greed isn't going to end pretty...

If the rich people all left, how pretty would it be? The rich people are the ones who have created all the wealth in our society. Without them, you would be impoverished and starving.

Trickle down economics, is how all economics works. Every bit of wealth the lower and middle class has, only exists because of the wealthy. Equally every job that the lower and middle class has, only exists because of the wealthy. Without trickle down, we would all be poor and impoverished.

Hoarding is not a problem. Wealth itself is dynamic. If you take a Rich guys Luxury sports car, and give it to a lower class person, without the wealth to maintain the car, the car will quickly end up worthless, and the Rich guy will buy another.

Moving wealth around, will never change the economic status of the people involved. Never.

America is one of the most compassionate countries in the world. The wealthiest people in our culture, give more money to the poor and charitable organizations, than anywhere in the world. That is not our problem. Our problem is greed and envy of the poor and middle class, who spend too much of their time being bitter and complaining about the rich, instead of working on improving their own lives.

The DOW and the Stock Market, was never about jobs. It's about the success of companies in our country. Success of companies, isn't about jobs either. If we make it unprofitable to create jobs in the US, companies will make jobs elsewhere, and still be profitable, and thus have a growing stock market. When you demand things like "a living wage", the result is that you make employing Americans less profitable, or unprofitable. Thus jobs are created outside the US. The DOW will go up, without jobs here in the US. Your policies have the bad results you don't like. Stop it.

Consuming is a natural part of any economy, and by definition is the driving force behind a consumer-driven economy. But consuming everything you have is not automatic. People should save and invest. But that's not the fault of CEOs or corporations if they don't. You are not pathetic children, at the mercy of big bad companies. Stop acting like it. Take responsibility for your life.

You don't need to worry about the top 15% of business owners. If the middle class dries up, they will simply work elsewhere.

France tried to soak the rich, and the result was the Rich packed up their money, and their jobs, and moved out of France.

The rich will be rich, and wealthy, either here at our benefit, or elsewhere, at our loss. You can't harm them. You can't punish them. The only thing you can do, is suffer when they leave. Atlas Shrugged. Read it.

Don't think that the middle class is going to harm the rich. You will only harm yourself. Especially since most of the business owners you are talking about, are already internationally connected. The CEO of Ford, can very easily move the companies to any number of other countries, and resettle there. They already have large offices, and regional headquarters elsewhere in the world. It wouldn't take much to move.

Similarly, they can move their jobs as well. If you push a "living wage" that makes it cheaper to build cars outside the US, and import them..... it won't take much to make that happen when they already have factories around the world.
I always hear that capitalists create the jobs, well, everything the capitalist uses, acquires, the labor they use, it all comes from workers. Who are the real job creators?
It requires both capital and labor. Jobs are being created where the conditions are right for job creation. However, the discussion should not be about job creation but rather the kind of jobs being created. There are plenty of jobs in the US and other developed nations, temporary, part time, split shift, minimum wage, dead end jobs that provide bare subsistence.
I don't, the capital we see today could be owned by the workers...

There are some of those businesses and they do quite well. However, there is nothing wrong with the concept of individuals to are the sole owners of a business. It is those multi-national corporations and those here in the US that need to be exposed as exploiting any and every thing they can.

LIVING WAGES!!

Try it, just once!

giphy.gif

739.gif

Get it, dumb f*ck.

You talking to me ass hole?
Walking is for people who don't have the vision to get a horse. Why would I want to get off mine?

While you sit on your high horse, others look and make the comment...Look.there are more horse's asses on that horse than there are horses.
Your overly biased opinion of yourself looks so stupid on you. But you wear it with pride.

739.gif

Get it, dumb f*ck.
Walking is for people who don't have the vision to get a horse. Why would I want to get off mine?

There are some of those businesses and they do quite well. However, there is nothing wrong with the concept of individuals to are the sole owners of a business. It is those multi-national corporations and those here in the US that need to be exposed as exploiting any and every thing they can.

LIVING WAGES!!

Try it, just once!

giphy.gif
Employee owned companies have done remarkable well. The link below is a list of some the 100% owned or majority employee owned companies. You're sure to see a number you recognized. I'm very familiar with several of them. Most of them pay their employees good wages, have pretty good benefits and have a good image in the community.

I think the major problem they run into is raising capital for expansion. Public held companies have an easier time getting large loans and have the option to issue large blocks of new stock to public.

The Employee Ownership 100 America s Largest Majority Employee-Owned Companies

Absolutely. When everyone involved is doing well and getting their share, companies will prosper. Its a win , win.

LIVING WAGES!!

Employee owned companies have done remarkable well. The link below is a list of some the 100% owned or majority employee owned companies. You're sure to see a number you recognized. I'm very familiar with several of them. Most of them pay their employees good wages, have pretty good benefits and have a good image in the community.

I think the major problem they run into is raising capital for expansion. Public held companies have an easier time getting large loans and have the option to issue large blocks of new stock to public.

LIVING WAGES!!

Try it, just once!

giphy.gif

Yeah! Cuz that worked out so well in the Soviet Union...oh, wait.

One day you will know the difference between communism and socialism. Maybe.
Then you could maybe fashion and intelligent post.

LIVING WAGES!!

Try it, just once!

giphy.gif

I already understand that the philosophical base is the same for both; they are slightly different flavors of totalitarianism.

And you couldn't recognize an intelligent and insightful post if your life depended upon it.

LIVING WAGES!!

That's great to know. :)

I already understand that the philosophical base is the same for both; they are slightly different flavors of totalitarianism.

And you couldn't recognize an intelligent and insightful post if your life depended upon it.
Utter bullshit. Totalitarianism? Please, tell me what communism is, and socialism, using the accepted definitions by non-idiotic people.

LIVING WAGES!!

Try it, just once!

giphy.gif

HARR HARR HARR I don't know anything about the soviet union HARR HARR HARR

Neither communism nor socialism are, by their nature, totalitarian. They're primarily economic systems. Totalitarianism embraces economy, but they also embrace all other aspects of society. Fascism would be a better example of a totalitarian philosophy. Socialism and Communism are mostly resource distribution models.

Neither communism nor socialism are, by their nature, totalitarian. They're primarily economic systems. Totalitarianism embraces economy, but they also embrace all other aspects of society. Fascism would be a better example of a totalitarian philosophy. Socialism and Communism are mostly resource distribution models.
Very true. Totalitarianism can exist in a number of economic systems. For example Pakistan, Nigeria, and Haiti who embrace capitalism and do lip service to socialist programs are becoming more and more a totalitarian state. A democrat republic, regardless of the predominate economic system can certainly be a totalitarian state.

Utter bullshit. Totalitarianism? Please, tell me what communism is, and socialism, using the accepted definitions by non-idiotic people.

I knew you were ignorant of their shared ideological roots. Thanks for the confirmation.

Could you possibly be more ignorant?

So, the rich keep getting richer, and we created some jobs but not as many as we lost, and more peoe left the job market than were hired but the left is celebrating? Hey, have at it.

I don't know about just the rich getting richer. Anyone who plays the stock market has the opportunity to do well.

As for the stock market it has nothing to do with the economy.

Just because the stock market is doing well this week doesn't mean the economy is.

Next week the stock market could be back in the toilet. Let see if Sallow touts that.
They are getting richer, and anyone who works the stock market for a living is a worthless scum.

That may well be but anyone can play the stock market. So anyone can get rich or go broke playing it.

They aren't worthless scum. They are folks who want to make money. Many do and many don't. Thats what happens when you play the market. You either make money or you don't.

Could you possibly be more ignorant?
No, he's not ignorant, you fail to understand communism/socialism.

Forum List

Back