More class warfare with this "corporate jet" nonsense

I see folks were listening to Rush or other sources for their talking points today. Ha, ha, ha!:lol: Funny stuff! :lol::lol::lol:
All the talking head leaders speak in unison regarding one thing and soon we have a chior, right here on USMB! :clap2:

I don't listen to Rush or Sean.
They are entertainers.
I listen to myself, self employed small business person for 30 years.
Real world.

I'm right there with ya. 22 years for me.

When will the phony rhetoric stop?

400 individuals control more wealth than 150 million Americans combined.

Reagan and the two Bushes lowered taxes for the rich which effectively transferred $13 trillion dollars of wealth from the middle class taxpayer to the rich.

80% of the increase in wealth in this country in the last 40 years has gone to the top 1%.

Now the Republicans want to destroy the unions, Medicare, Social Security, and the EPA, which would turn America into Dickinsean England.

The class war is over.

The rich won.

Who said hard work and/or making right choices and decisions doesn't pay?
I am all for destroying unions.
And anyone that does not know that Medicare and Social SEcurity are doomed the way they are set up now is uninformed.
I support EPA.

The rich do pay the majority of the taxes collected in this country.

You keep saying this as if it justifies the rich paying a lower percentage than the rest of people.

The rich have never paid a lower percentage than the rest of the people.
Who told you that myth?

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

When will the phony rhetoric stop?

400 individuals control more wealth than 150 million Americans combined.

Reagan and the two Bushes lowered taxes for the rich which effectively transferred $13 trillion dollars of wealth from the middle class taxpayer to the rich.

80% of the increase in wealth in this country in the last 40 years has gone to the top 1%.

Now the Republicans want to destroy the unions, Medicare, Social Security, and the EPA, which would turn America into Dickinsean England.

The class war is over.

The rich won.

Who said hard work and/or making right choices and decisions doesn't pay?
I am all for destroying unions.
And anyone that does not know that Medicare and Social SEcurity are doomed the way they are set up now is uninformed.
I support EPA.

Hard work has nothing to do with it.

The hardest working people in America are migrant farm workers picking vegetables.

Who told you that myth?

Qualified dividends are currently taxed at a rate of 15%. Been like this for a while. A person who receives $250,000 in dividend payments for a year pays less taxes as a percentage than a teacher, cop or coal miner.

Mr Buffett, who runs the investment group Berkshire Hathaway and is widely regarded as the world’s most successful investor, said that he was a Democrat because Republicans are more likely to think: “I’m making $80 million a year – God must have intended me to have a lower tax rate.”

Mr Buffett said that a Republican proposal to eliminate elements of inheritance tax, which raises about $30 billion a year from the assets of about 12,000 rich families, would broaden the disparity between rich and poor. He added that the Republicans would seek to recover lost revenue by increasing taxes for the less prosperous.

He said: “You could take that $30 billion and give $1,000 to 30 million poor families. Or should you favour the 12,000 estates and make 30 million families pay an extra $1,000?”

You keep saying this as if it justifies the rich paying a lower percentage than the rest of people.

Who told you that myth?

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

I agree, the SYSTEM IS BAD.
He never said raising taxes was good.
FAIR TAX.
Under the current system YOU could also benefit from the current system.

Fix the system.

Who told you that myth?

FAIR TAX.

Fix the system.

The solution is simple.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts.

Raise the top rate by 3%.

Keep the inheritance tax.

Who told you that myth?

Qualified dividends are currently taxed at a rate of 15%. Been like this for a while. A person who receives $250,000 in dividend payments for a year pays less taxes as a percentage than a teacher, cop or coal miner.

Dividends are not income.
Dividends are gains from capital you invested.
Raise the dividend taxes and guess what? Investment goes down and capital dries up and jobs are lost.
What drives an economy? Capital investing or taxes going to Washington?
We should have NO taxes on capital invested and dividends.
The taxes were already paid when that $$$ was earned as INCOME.

And you folks wonder why the savings is so low in America.
Why invest when you are going to be taxed to death on it?

FAIR TAX.

Fix the system.

The solution is simple.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts.

Raise the top rate by 3%.

Keep the inheritance tax.

Where is cutting spending in your analysis?
Inheritance taxes are double taxation and cause small business families to liquidate assets just to pay the taxes.
Respectfully, you do not know the implications of what you propose there.
Believe me.

Who told you that myth?

Raise the dividend taxes and guess what? Investment goes down and capital dries up and jobs are lost.

You sir, are an idiot.

If you get rid of capital gains taxes and dividend taxes, then this same person making $250,000 a year from dividends would pay ZERO taxes. Nothing. He could take all that money, dump it back into stocks and guess what? That company would NOT rush out and hire new workers.

Seriously, did no one take an Economics course in college?

Who told you that myth?

When Buffett files his income tax next year there is nothing stopping him from writing a check for 10 or 20 billion dollars.

You sir, are an idiot.

If you get rid of capital gains taxes and dividend taxes, then this same person making $250,000 a year from dividends would pay ZERO taxes. Nothing. He could take all that money, dump it back into stocks and guess what? That company would NOT rush out and hire new workers.

Seriously, did no one take an Economics course in college?

I have a MBA Georgia State University.

You oppose capital investing. You want to PUNISH those that save wisely and invest their capital in this great country.
All the while you wonder in your ignorance of how free enterprise works why citizens and corporations are leaving this country by the boat load.
And foreign investment is almost nil.
I know that is the lifeblood of the free market system.
Guess how hard someone had to have worked and how much INCOME, that was ALREADY TAXED, to earn enough to make 250K a year in dividends?
With today's market you would need 10 million INVESTED.
How many folks have you hired this year?

When do you think the Republicans will end their attack on the middle class?

The Republicans are quite obviously pretty good at class warfare, the liberals have a lot to learn if we intend to finally mount some sort of defense.

The problem is that most Americans have no clue about capital investing and where the $$ comes from to expand businesses.
And guess what happens when a business expands? How does a business expand?
Only a damn fool does not know that tax rates heavily influence investing behavior.
They are the #1 CONSIDERATION in America.
Because we have one of the HIGHEST tax rates in the damn world.

The Republicans are quite obviously pretty good at class warfare, the liberals have a lot to learn if we intend to finally mount some sort of defense.

I am middle class.
I believe in gay rights, support gay marriage, support the environment, believe in evolution and oppose organized government sponsored prayer in school. I believe man has contributed heavily to climate change.
I am a fiscal conservative.
What am I. A liberal or a conservative?
There is no attack on the middle class. The middle class fucked themselves.
The fault lies with me and you. Quit passing the buck. It is OUR fault.
Partisan bufoonery on both sides has caused where we are now.

I am middle class.
I believe in gay rights, support gay marriage, support the environment, believe in evolution and oppose organized government sponsored prayer in school. I believe man has contributed heavily to climate change.

The bail-out is our fault? The Bush tax cuts are our fault? The outsourcing of job overseas is our fault? The speculators and capitalists who caused the great recession are our fault? Corporate welfare is our fault? The regulations that enabled the greatest increase in the separation of classes in modern history, those are our fault too? The attack on union labor is our fault? The attack on wages too?

I could go on but you get the point…well maybe you do, your post doesn’t instill much hope.

Pointing out "class warfare" isn't "creating" class warfare.

When billionaires pay a tiny percent compared to working middle class.

When Middle Class and poor join the military to protect billionaires money.

When billionaires can buy politicians (like the bulk of GOP money coming from a handful of donors).

When someone can take a helicopter ride for a mile to watch his son's baseball game and then ride a limo for the last 100 yards at taxpayers expense. (to be fair, public outcry was so great, he did eventually "pay up")

When you move the wealth of the nation from the middle class to the top 1%.

When you cut essential services like teaching and police and firefighters and nurses.

When you try to pass bills cutting school lunches or care for the elderly or disabled.

Tax subsidies to oil companies.

All these things are signs of "class warfare".

You do understand none of those things you listed are partisan issues right? If you view these things as negatives you know your democrat heros are just as responsible, right?

By definition, if they are "partisan" issues, then Republicans would be on one side and Democrats on the other. I know what side Democrats are on.

I also know what side Republicans are on. You only have to ask "Paul Ryan" (cut medicare) and Joe Barton (apology to BP) and Andre Bauer (the poor are like animals, feed them and they'll breed).

I am middle class.

It's the fault of the middle class the conservative Supreme Court opened the American political process to foreign money coming in from American based companies?

You know that's not true.

I will help you think about why. First, corporations are NOT American citizens as the Conservative Supreme Court would have you believe. Second, Republican's money comes from a very small number of donors. Third, try to get your message out when your opponent has bought up every minute of TV and radio space.

Forum List

Back